American NFL Football (34 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I didn't expect him to head to Tampa Bay to be honest, I was thinking mostly Chargers or Bears.

It'd be interesting to see how he does there to say the least though. And Probably he chose Buccaneers to avoid having to play in the same division as The Chiefs.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I didn't expect him to head to Tampa Bay to be honest, I was thinking mostly Chargers or Bears.

It'd be interesting to see how he does there to say the least though. And Probably he chose Buccaneers to avoid having to play in the same division as The Chiefs.

You are going under the assumption that Tom Brady is afraid of anything. I hope you're joking.

- - - Updated - - -

Brady had a 108 passer rating on deep balls thrown last year. Winston had an 84 rating.

He never had a cannon for an arm. He is the smartest QB to ever play this game, and with Tampa, he will have more control in the play calling. The best thing that Arians can do is to show Tom love and respect and get the hell out of his way. In all my years of watching football, there are only 2 QB's that I would trust implicitly with the ball, where no matter what, they would do the right thing and win.

The first was Montana. The second is Brady. If he calls the plays, he will never put his team in a bad spot.

- - - Updated - - -

Sad to see Buckner go but the deal makes sense

Texans are retarded

Will be so odd to see Brady in another uniform

The Niners needed 2 things.

#1) Draft Capital
#2) Cap Space

They achieved what Houston couldn't with a superior player in Hopkins. I love Buckner, but they weren't going to pay him 21 million per year. It just wasn't going to happen. Now with 2 first round picks, they can stay put at 13 and get the best WR available and trade out of 31, or do the opposite and make several moves trading down with that # 13 pick, especially if there is a QB such as Hebert or Love still on the board and teams want to move up. This also allowed them to re-sign Armstead and Ward. Yes, you lose a big piece of the defense, but 10 of the 11 starters are back on that side of the ball.

- - - Updated - - -

Godwin is probably going to get a better haul for switching numbers with Brady than the Texans got for Hopkins :lol:

Last edited:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
You are going under the assumption that Tom Brady is afraid of anything. I hope you're joking.

- - - Updated - - -

Brady had a 108 passer rating on deep balls thrown last year. Winston had an 84 rating.

He never had a cannon for an arm. He is the smartest QB to ever play this game, and with Tampa, he will have more control in the play calling. The best thing that Arians can do is to show Tom love and respect and get the hell out of his way. In all my years of watching football, there are only 2 QB's that I would trust implicitly with the ball, where no matter what, they would do the right thing and win.

The first was Montana. The second is Brady. If he calls the plays, he will never put his team in a bad spot.
Not meant it in that way at all but he is not playing alone. While I think that the Chargers are a better team than the Buccaneers there is also the challenge in the division to be taken into account. I have no doubt that he is the GOAT and he will improve any team he joins. Improve may be an understatement, improve drastically is still not enough.

Maybe I am wrong but I cannot tell why he chose Tampa Bay.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Not meant it in that way at all but he is not playing alone. While I think that the Chargers are a better team than the Buccaneers there is also the challenge in the division to be taken into account. I have no doubt that he is the GOAT and he will improve any team he joins. Improve may be an understatement, improve drastically is still not enough.

old people and Florida, can’t explain that

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

#1) Elite offensive talent around him
#2) A head coach who has helped build the careers of some of the best to do it, such as Manning, Roethlisberger, etc... The chargers have Anthony Lynn. Exactly.
#3) Tons of Cap space to improve other areas
#4) Closer proximity to his immediate family.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
#2) A head coach who has helped build the careers of some of the best to do it, such as Manning, Roethlisberger, etc... The chargers have Anthony Lynn. Exactly.
One of the NFL journalists in Sweden is saying that TB are automatic candidates for a SB now

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
One of the NFL journalists in Sweden is saying that TB are automatic candidates for a SB now

The talent is there, at least on the offensive side of the ball. The defense still needs some work, but they were top 10 statistically the 2nd half of the season. Yes, they are contenders now. Possibly the 3rd best team in the conference when all is said and done, behind San Francisco and New Orleans. That team last year had a losing record mainly because of the turnovers of Winston. Played a lot of close games that they lost.

- - - Updated - - -

They are not going to ask Brady to be the Brady of 5 years ago.

They don't need that. They need Brady to limit the mistakes that the offense made last year.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
The talent is there, at least on the offensive side of the ball. The defense still needs some work, but they were top 10 statistically the 2nd half of the season. Yes, they are contenders now. Possibly the 3rd best team in the conference when all is said and done, behind San Francisco and New Orleans. That team last year had a losing record mainly because of the turnovers of Winston. Played a lot of close games that they lost.

- - - Updated - - -

They don't need that. They need Brady to limit the mistakes that the offense made last year.
mall they need is a decent running back and some defensive help

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005

It seems money was part of the equation here. Patriots reportedly wanted Brady to stay but on a very team-friendly salary and not much guaranteed money. Tampa (owned by the Glazers family that owns Man U) are expected to give Brady at least a 2 year deal and 30 mil APY.
Chargers, on the other hand, are a smaller franchise that has always been frugal in its financial operations. Chances are, they couldn't/didn't want to match the Tampa Bay offer.

As a whole, I would say the Chargers have a better roster but their HC, Anthony Lynn, is subpar and the OL is pretty poor. So there is that, as well.

- - - Updated - - -

I think where we differ the most in our opinion on the Brady-Tampa move is our estimation of Arians as a HC. He has worked with some great QBs but that was in the capacity of a QB coach/OC. I just don't value him as much as a HC, although I would take him over an Anthony Lynn, for example.
It is Arians qualities as a HC that would determine how SB-ready this Tampa team will be. Brady can't do all himself, certainly not at the age of 43.
That's one of the main reasons why I thought he should have either stuck with the Pats (they wanted him but on their terms, not his) or left only if either the 9ers or the Titans were an option.

- - - Updated - - -

mall they need is a decent running back and some defensive help
They can always trade a 1st round pick for Lev Bell ...

Last edited:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

- - - Updated - - -

theres also the Seahawks, the packers, and the eagles, who are all better imo. I think the cardinals will surprise a lot of people too, that Murray to Hopkins combo will be deadly

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Heck of a trade by the Eagles. God knows they needed the secondary help. Detroit on the other hand, played their hand too soon with announcing Desmond Trufant. That automatically lowered the cost for Darius Slay.

- - - Updated - - -

I really have to wonder sometimes just how these GM's get their jobs.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If Brady is overrated, then what the fuck is Peyton manning? :lol:

Hang on, I've got his Super bowl numbers right here, since this asshat insisted on using those numbers.

Super Bowl XLI
25-38 247 yds., 1 TD 1 INT

Super Bowl XLIV

31-45 333 yds 1 TD 1 INT

Super Bowl XLVIII

34-49 280 Yds 1 TD 2 INT

Super Bowl 50

13-23 141 0 TD 1 Int.

So in short, fuck all of the Tom Brady haters. He is the unquestioned GOAT QB of all time. And this is coming from someone whose team had two of the best ever in Montana AND Young

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)