American NFL Football (14 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
they got David Johnson which is a negative asset and a 2nd round pick.

the only thing they really gain is the 2nd rounder, who knows if Johnson even makes a difference at all. There is no way that trade is in any way reasonable. They could’ve drafted a running back in the 4th round and been in a better position than they are with this trade.

i never said it was a good trade. The trade is fucking stupid on so many levels for Houston.

- - - Updated - - -

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Did we just seriously trade Deforest Buckner for the 13th pick in the draft? :sergio:

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, granted, the Niners are now at 22 million under the cap and get another 1st round pick, but.

Oh boy.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait. 21 million a year by the Colts? Ok. I can understand why then. I love Buckner, but I couldn't see the 49ers paying that.

Deforest at 21 million a year and a comp pick for Armstead or

Armstead at 17 million per year, and the 13th pick in the draft.

It kind of balances itself out.

Now, time to trade down with those 1st rounders and get more picks.

Last edited:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

They are not interested

- - - Updated - - -

Plus they already signed Mariota, who is a favorite of Jon Gruden

- - - Updated - - -

Robert Quinn signs with the Bears.

So let me get this straight. The Cowboys went into the offseason with 80 million dollars under the cap, have lost Quinn, Cobb, and Jones, had to franchise tag Prescott, and overpay Cooper at 5 years 100 million.

Now, mind you, this is the same team that extended and gave a shit ton of guaranteed money to a RB whose contract wasn't expiring until 2021.

This type of salary cap mismanagement is Exhibit A as to why they will never win anything.

No cap space left, lost 2 key players on Defense, and the same offense coming back next year.

Last edited:

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Maaan, end of an era ... And what an era it was but all good things come to an end :depressed:

9ers should be all over Tommy - I don't think he is finished yet, last year the Pats offense was in transition, lots of moving parts and Brady shouldered the blame.

- - - Updated - - -

Lmao Texans with the most retarded trade of all time
Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the terms of the trade.
Texans got a quickly depreciating asset on a high salary in Johnson and couldn't even get a first round pick for one of the truly elite WRs out there, still in his prime.

I mean the Vikings fleeced the Bills for a good but not great WR, who no one would ever put in the same category with Hopkins.

- - - Updated - - -

They are not interested

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

So let me get this straight. The Cowboys went into the offseason with 80 million dollars under the cap, have lost Quinn, Cobb, and Jones, had to franchise tag Prescott, and overpay Cooper at 5 years 100 million.

Now, mind you, this is the same team that extended and gave a shit ton of guaranteed money to a RB whose contract wasn't expiring until 2021.

This type of salary cap mismanagement is Exhibit A as to why they will never win anything.

No cap space left, lost 2 key players on Defense, and the same offense coming back next year.
Brady is being linked to teams - Bucs, Chargers, Dolphins - that are a really bad fit for him as they have bad OLs. I think he would be making a huge mistake going to one of those teams.
Best situation for him outside of the Pats would have been Titans and 9ers, imo.

Last edited:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Buccaneer's OL is underrated, especially their interior line, which is damn good. That is where Brady has the most trouble, with pressure up the middle. IIRC, some publications had them on the bottom half of the Top 10. And Tampa can get a good tackle with the 14th pick. As far as a fit in regards to coaching, I think Bruce Arians is the best fit he could ask for out of all the teams interested in him.

It's just that whole "It's Tampa Bay" stigma. But they are absolutely loaded in weapons. Easily the best arsenal he would have at his disposal since 2007.

- - - Updated - - -

The Chargers are loaded too. Probably more so than the Bucs. How Rivers had the year he had last year with all of those weapons is beyond me.

But god damn, that 1-2 WR punch in Tampa, though.

- - - Updated - - -

8 games in warm weather. 2 of the 3 road games in his division in a dome, and the other in warm weather. That could work.

Last edited:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
They are not interested

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

yes, the cowboys are a terribly run organization and that allows me to sleep well at night.

sorry for Brady, although not sorry at all for the Pats. No idea why he decided to leave, I guess Belichick wants a new toy

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
It's going to be great to see New England fall apart and fade into NFL mediocrity again. They had a great 20 years but it's slowly returning back to pre-2000 which is the way it should be. The last two decades have been a statistical aberration.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The Tom Brady Buccaneers
Those weapons are sick. Absolutely sick.

- - - Updated - - -

All those years of taking less money and having to deal with largely average talent around him (Gronk, Suicide Boy, Moss, non withstanding), the man is getting paid and blessed with a shit ton of weapons around him.

Very happy for him.

Last edited:

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
That will prove to be a mistake, imo. Sure, he will have great weapons on offense but The HC is subpar and same goes for the OL, imo. Plus the style of offense that Ariens has - deep, long-play passing - no longer suits Brady, at this stage of his career, I think. Futhermore, at the age of 43 you probably don't want to be learning a new system. If not, then Arians will have to do so himself. This just feels like a square peg, round hole type of situation.
I still maintain he should have either stayed with the Pats or gone to Titans or 9ers.

- - - Updated - - -

It's going to be great to see New England fall apart and fade into NFL mediocrity again. They had a great 20 years but it's slowly returning back to pre-2000 which is the way it should be. The last two decades have been a statistical aberration.
So, basically, you desperately want the Pats to be at the Giants' level, huh? :p

Patriots were good 5-6 years even before Brady - made the playoffs regularly and even got to a SB. It's just that on the background of the Brady era, that period looks bleak. The true common denominator over the past 25+ years of having a competent Patriots franchise is Craft, not Brady or Belichick. The latter two, of course, took matters to a whole different level, which is unlikely to ever be repeated again.

This being said, I don't think there is a area of life, outside of maybe paleontology, where 20-25+ years could be termed a "statistical aberration" ;)

Last edited:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Those weapons are sick. Absolutely sick.

- - - Updated - - -

All those years of taking less money and having to deal with largely average talent around him (Gronk, Suicide Boy, Moss, non withstanding), the man is getting paid and blessed with a shit ton of weapons around him.

Very happy for him.
I kind of agree with acmilan here. He can’t sling it like he once could and BA is not the best coach for him. But I may be very wrong. Thank God the NFL is providing some sort of entertainment now that there’s no sports tho

- - - Updated - - -

This being said, I don't think there is a area of life, outside of maybe paleontology, where 20-25+ years could be termed a "statistical aberration" ;)
:lol:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
So, the guy who has worked with Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, and Carson Palmer, is not the best coach for Tom Brady.

Jamies Fucking Winston threw for 5100 yards last year with Bruce Arians. And 30 Touchdowns.

They will get the touchdown production with Brady WITHOUT the interceptions of Winston. He only had a 1.3% interception rate last year.

What else was he supposed to do, crawl back to a team that didn't want him? With THOSE "weapons"? Yeah, no.

What are his numbers last year if he had Evans and Godwin, instead of a clueless rookie and a short slow white dude who led the NFL in drops? Exactly. And try to guess who their starting TE's were last year.

- - - Updated - - -

That will prove to be a mistake, imo. Sure, he will have great weapons on offense but The HC is subpar and same goes for the OL, imo. Plus the style of offense that Ariens has - deep, long-play passing - no longer suits Brady, at this stage of his career, I think. Futhermore, at the age of 43 you probably don't want to be learning a new system. If not, then Arians will have to do so himself. This just feels like a square peg, round hole type of situation.
I still maintain he should have either stayed with the Pats or gone to Titans or 9ers.

- - - Updated - - -

So, basically, you desperately want the Pats to be at the Giants' level, huh? :p

Patriots were good 5-6 years even before Brady - made the playoffs regularly and even got to a SB. It's just that on the background of the Brady era, that period looks bleak. The true common denominator over the past 25+ years of having a competent Patriots franchise is Craft, not Brady or Belichick. The latter two, of course, took matters to a whole different level, which is unlikely to ever be repeated again.

Considering they didn't even make him a new offer, that was highly unlikely. Unless you think that he would have accepted an insulting offer to stay. And last I checked, those same people on offense are still there. They wouldn't exactly have the money to go and sign anyone to help him.

- - - Updated - - -

So, if he went to the 49ers he WOULDN'T be learning a whole new system, arguably one of the most complicated in the NFL?

- - - Updated - - -

In their 9 losses, Tampa lost by single digits 7 times. In those 7 losses, Winston turned the ball over 18 times.

What are the chances that Brady turns the ball over 18 times in an entire season?

Last edited:

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006

- - - Updated - - -

I knew my post would draw you offside my love

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
I knew my post would draw you offside my love
Just throwing out some fuckts, pookie :kiss:

- - - Updated - - -

So, the guy who has worked with Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, and Carson Palmer, is not the best coach for Tom Brady.

Jamies Fucking Winston threw for 5100 yards last year with Bruce Arians. And 30 Touchdowns.

They will get the touchdown production with Brady WITHOUT the interceptions of Winston. He only had a 1.3% interception rate last year.

What else was he supposed to do, crawl back to a team that didn't want him? With THOSE "weapons"? Yeah, no.

What are his numbers last year if he had Evans and Godwin, instead of a clueless rookie and a short slow white dude who led the NFL in drops? Exactly. And try to guess who their starting TE's were last year.

- - - Updated - - -

Considering they didn't even make him a new offer, that was highly unlikely. Unless you think that he would have accepted an insulting offer to stay. And last I checked, those same people on offense are still there. They wouldn't exactly have the money to go and sign anyone to help him.

- - - Updated - - -

So, if he went to the 49ers he WOULDN'T be learning a whole new system, arguably one of the most complicated in the NFL?

- - - Updated - - -

In their 9 losses, Tampa lost by single digits 7 times. In those 7 losses, Winston turned the ball over 18 times.

What are the chances that Brady turns the ball over 18 times in an entire season?
I guess we are gonna have to agree to disagree on this one.
I value Ariens the OC, not so much Ariens the HC. Just think in terms of style of offense and SB-readiness of the rosters, primarily thanks to their HCs, 9ers and Titans are well ahead of the Bucs. With Brady having 1-2 years left, time (i.e. best fit possible) was always going to be of the essence with whatever project he decided to get involved.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)