American NFL Football (74 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
do you think it’s worth letting JimmyG go for TommyB?

I love Jimmy G. I think everyone knows that. But then you think what Brady could have done in that Super Bowl with that running game, Kittle, Sanders, Samuel, and you can't help but wonder if we would have gotten ring # 6.

My main concern is that Shannahan's offense requires a lot of study. This was Jimmy's first full season with that offense.

I'm torn, to be honest with you.

- - - Updated - - -

Releasing Jimmy from his contract is only a 4.2 million dollar hit, because that first year was ridiculously front loaded. The cap hit for the first year of that deal was almost 43 million.

- - - Updated - - -

San Francisco is Brady's childhood team. He has always stated that he wanted to go home.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

There is also talk of a sign and trade with New England.

- - - Updated - - -

One would have to think that BB is rooting hard for this to happen, too.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
but how many can you win with Jimmy G and how many years does Brady have left?
Truthfully? Quite possibly the next 2, if they can keep the team together.

And I'm being dead serious.

I mean with Brady. Not with Jimmy G.

- - - Updated - - -

I am much more confident at with Brady under center than Garoppolo.

Remember, Manning was quite literally damaged goods when he signed with Denver, but half the league was clamoring for him.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Well, this scout really wasn't wrong, was he. If only he didn't get injured. Would have been far and away the greatest RB of all time.

- - - Updated - - -

Greatest athlete I have ever seen, and probably will ever see in my lifetime. no one else is even close

Last edited:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I guess you can say that it is official that the 49ers are not interested in Brady

- - - Updated - - -

Not that I can blame Tom for wanting to come to San Francisco, aside from the fact that it is his hometown.

That roster is young and loaded with talent.

- - - Updated - - -

Although I don't want Sanders back at age 33 at 14 million per year. Take that money and get someone cheaper and younger.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
They had no draft capital this year, and their running game was again in shambles.

HOWEVER..................................

Hopkins would have been one of the last guys I would have traded
they got David Johnson which is a negative asset and a 2nd round pick.

the only thing they really gain is the 2nd rounder, who knows if Johnson even makes a difference at all. There is no way that trade is in any way reasonable. They could’ve drafted a running back in the 4th round and been in a better position than they are with this trade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 70)