American NFL Football (116 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Green Bay’s defense doesn’t look all that good either and their offense is very hit or miss. I think Mahomes would beat them. They’d run up the score.
Our offense is inconsistent because we have a brand new coach and scheme and our 3 best receivers have all missed time already.

While health is never a guarantee, we should only improve with more familiarity with the schemes and playcalling, and getting Adams, Scantling, and Allison all fully healthy.

I agree on our Defense. Much better than last year, but still not elite by any stretch.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Serious Question.

How good can this 49ers offense be once they don't have to start their 4th and 5th offensive tackles on their depth chart in a couple of weeks?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Sky's the limit

I'm waiting for some real tests though, seahawks game will tell us a bit
2 of their last three wins are against the Rams and Panthers though. And the Panthers came in yesterday with a Top 10 ranked defense. I get that you can only play the teams in front of you, but the 49ers schedule was ranked as the 11th toughest going into the season.

- - - Updated - - -

A Panthers team where their quarterback in the last 4 games threw for 9 touchdowns and no interceptions prior to yesterday. It might be time to stop dismissing who they have played so far and give credit to this defense.

They held Jared Goff, and say what you want about him, but they held him to 78 yards Gross Passing. And he STILL leads the NFL in passing yards this year.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
their games have been pretty real like Serge said. If you want to see a team that has only played shit competition so far, look at the patriots
For as easy as the 49ers schedule has appeared to be so far, the quality of QB's they have faced outpaces what the Patriots have faced this year.
The best QB the Patriots have faced this year has been Daniel Jones. One could say that aside from Jared Goff, that Allen and even Andy Dalton this year are better than anything that the Pats have faced on defense.

And I'm not trying to discount what the Pats have done defensively so far this year, but all I hear is that the 49ers haven't played anyone. Yet the Patriots have? Luke Falk? Colt McCoy? Fitzpatrick/Rosen?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I already said that I wasn't trying to discredit them. But as a 49ers fan, all I hear is that we haven't played anyone to warrant such praise defensively, when the quarterbacks that the Patriots have faced are quite frankly, worse.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
I already said that I wasn't trying to discredit them. But as a 49ers fan, all I hear is that we haven't played anyone to warrant such praise defensively, when the quarterbacks that the Patriots have faced are quite frankly, worse.
No worries, as a Pats fan I am used to hearing how the Pats vulnerable and how they are not good anymore, etc, etc from Spetember till about mid December. Last year the hopeful straw-clutching lasted all the way to the SB :D
There is one major difference between the Pats and the 9ers, though - it's actually understandable if people doubt the 9ers as they looked pretty bad until this season. So, all in all I get why some may still not take them seriously 7 games into this season.
The Pats on the other hand have been doing this for close to 20 years now. At this point, if one still questions them because the OL or passing game doesn't look perfect in September, well there is no help for that soul.
P.S. For the record, I think the 9ers are 2nd best team in the NFC, a close second only to the Saints. Everybody else is considerably behind those two teams, imo, at least right now.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
their games have been pretty real like Serge said. If you want to see a team that has only played shit competition so far, look at the patriots
2 of their last three wins are against the Rams and Panthers though. And the Panthers came in yesterday with a Top 10 ranked defense. I get that you can only play the teams in front of you, but the 49ers schedule was ranked as the 11th toughest going into the season.

- - - Updated - - -

A Panthers team where their quarterback in the last 4 games threw for 9 touchdowns and no interceptions prior to yesterday. It might be time to stop dismissing who they have played so far and give credit to this defense.

They held Jared Goff, and say what you want about him, but they held him to 78 yards Gross Passing. And he STILL leads the NFL in passing yards this year.
As a 9ers fan maybe I'm just being cautious :D

The rams are a good team but have been shit this year, the panthers still have a backup qb in

I think we are doing an incredible job regardless, I just want to see how we go against a top QB like Wilson

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Rams may be cooking something after dumping Talib's salary onto the Dolphins.
Bears should probably look to get a QB (Foles, Dalton, Bethard, etc.) - not too late to salvage their season. Trubisky is just garbage at this point. Always was but now it should be apparent to everyone.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
As a 9ers fan maybe I'm just being cautious :D

The rams are a good team but have been shit this year, the panthers still have a backup qb in

I think we are doing an incredible job regardless, I just want to see how we go against a top QB like Wilson
Here is what I am worried about.

Jimmy G. The incredibly handsome, incredibly maddening Jimmy G.

Dude averages 1 INT per game. So, one would think that he has a Kaep like completion %?

Right ?

Nope. Dude is completing 70% of his passes this year, so that means that he is good for 1 throw per game, where you look at the TV, put your arms out in front of you , slightly bent up, put your thumb up agaisnt your other 4 fingers, and shake them front to back, like you are arguing with a fellow Italian in front of you.

"Perche, Jimmy? Perche? Che Cazzo!?!?!"

Why I am a little concerned is not that he has gone up against the elite QB's in the league and matched them yard for yard, and TD for TD. My concern is that he hasn't had to do it yet, and at some point, he is going to HAVE to throw for over 200 yards and have at least 2 TD's in the air.

Who knows if he can? It would be one thing if we knew he couldn't, but he hasn't even had the opportunity to even do it yet.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I want to believe, I really do. My admiration for Jimmy was established well before him joining the 49ers.

All things being equal though, I would be much more comfortable if we had your guy.
oh yeah, deshaun is the truth. Unfortunately he’s wasted with O’Brien at the helm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 113)