American NFL Football (137 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Jared Goff had 912 yards the past 2 games.

He had 78 today.

78. Gross passing yards. 57 net passing yards

- - - Updated - - -

This defense has been sick

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Jared Goff had 912 yards the past 2 games.

He had 78 today.

78. Gross passing yards. 57 net passing yards

- - - Updated - - -

This defense has been sick
I don't want to discredit the defence, they have been amazing but why did the Rams change their passing game to a running game especially when Gurly is out? I found it weird.

And Garoppolo was passing when the team has been relying on running so far.

But either way, your team is serious this season, definitely a huge improvement.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I don't want to discredit the defence, they have been amazing but why did the Rams change their passing game to a running game especially when Gurly is out? I found it weird.

And Garoppolo was passing when the team has been relying on running so far.

But either way, your team is serious this season, definitely a huge improvement.

I can't really answer the first part of your question, my man. The only thing that I can think of is that they were trying to set up their passing game using he run, to try and negate the 49ers pass rush.

In regards to the 2nd sentence. In the Monday night win, the 49ers lost both their Pro Bowl Fullback and their starting right tackle who made the all rookie team last year to injuries, so they had to adjust their game plan somewhat, as their running game wasn't going to be as effective.

- - - Updated - - -

The other thing @JCK is that they are now starting their 4th and 5th Offensive tackles on their depth chart. A 2019 6th round pick at LT and an Undrafted free agent at RT.

Last edited:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I can't really answer the first part of your question, my man. The only thing that I can think of is that they were trying to set up their passing game using he run, to try and negate the 49ers pass rush.

In regards to the 2nd sentence. In the Monday night win, the 49ers lost both their Pro Bowl Fullback and their starting right tackle who made the all rookie team last year to injuries, so they had to adjust their game plan somewhat, as their running game wasn't going to be as effective.

- - - Updated - - -

The other thing @JCK is that they are now starting their 4th and 5th Offensive tackles on their depth chart. A 2019 6th round pick at LT and an Undrafted free agent at RT.
I think McVay got it wrong yesterday but probably that was his only option as he was afraid of turnovers that would come costly. In the end even this plan got destroyed and I don't think even Todd Gurly would have saved the day.

The 49ers defence is only second to the Patriots at the moment.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I’d say the Niners have a much better defense than the Pats. Patriots have been lucky to have an easy schedule filled with shit teams.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I’d say the Niners have a much better defense than the Pats. Patriots have been lucky to have an easy schedule filled with shit teams.

Well, I think it's been fairly even in regards to opposing QB ineptitude, until the last couple of weeks. In name only, Goff and Mayfield are better than anyone that New England has faced this year, and it's not even close.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
New England was getting their dicks handed to them by Josh Allen and he had to get injured for them to win. I’m sure they’ll figure out a way to win another Super Bowl but their defense won’t be the reason why.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
New England was getting their dicks handed to them by Josh Allen and he had to get injured for them to win. I’m sure they’ll figure out a way to win another Super Bowl but their defense won’t be the reason why.
make no mistake, I think that New England is still the best overall team in the league. Hell, I'm just happy that it appears my 49ers are relevant again.

The one dude on the Niners that I am truly happy for is Solomon Thomas. Taken #3 in 2017, moved to Defensive End for some strange reason. Then, his sister commits suicide prior to the 2018 season starting, and that totally messed him up. Now, he is back in the rotation, playing at DT where he should be, and he has come through.

Sometimes, you just have to have some patience and factor the human element into everything

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Gotta wonder how much the refs had on the Packers winning tonight ... Can't have Rodgers and the Pack lose at home in prime-time, I guess.
Lions have formed into a very, very solid team but no team can overcome the systematic tilting of the playing field and rewriting of the rules the refs put on show tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

What are you talking about? The D ripped Allen a new one in that game - 150 yards allowed, 3 ints, a fumble, and who knows how many sacks, and that was before they knocked him out, motionless on the ground during one of his futile attempts to run the ball.

Last edited:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
and they would’ve if the refs hadn’t fucked them over

- - - Updated - - -

Instead we got to watch that borefest of patriots and rams, definitely had to have been the worst super bowl in history
The best defensive display I have ever seen from two teams in one game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 131)