American NFL Football (79 Viewers)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
In this case, he's demanding a trade. So the team is acquiescing to his demand and has decision rights on where to send him based on the compensation they will receive for him. I'm sure they don't want to trade him to a team they will face regularly. Especially in the post season.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I got it explained to me, I am not aware of how trades work.
It’s a trade. So it is exactly what it sounds like. Two teams will swap assets. In the NFL the assets are picks and players. In this case the Steelers want a 1st round draft pick. So the first team to offer a 1st round pick or close to in will likely get the player.

The trade won’t result in him AB getting paid any more than he already is. He’ll have the opportunity to negotiate with his new team but that’s only after the trade happens.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Free Agency wish list.

CJ Mosley
Earl Thomas
Justin Houston
Pierre Desir

Can't get all of them, obviously. But if they can get the first 3, and then add Nick Bosa in the draft. Oh boy, what a defense we would have.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Cardinal rule of NFL GM-ing - don't go balls deep on players Pats themselves don't make an effort to keep and/or players who have been successful only for the Pats.

Raiders are gonna learn that rule the hard way as soon as training camp starts ...

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with this rule change, always seemed odd to me that both teams don't have a chance to score
there are three facets to an NFL team, not just offenses. Just like a bad defense can lose you a game in the 4th quarter, they should be able to lose you the game in OT.

Anyways, point was none of this would be happening if the Pats had not won that game. Rams had no issue with the ways the rules are now. I am certain KC wouldn't be crying if they had managed to stop the Pats (or gotten the ball first in OT).

KC got straight-up outplayed and came up short in so many ways and were incredibly lucky to even take the game to OT, in the first place. After the game, only thing Reid could master was a bunch of excuses and even implied it was the refs fault why they hadn't warned Dee Ford for lining up off-side. Fat fuck lacks even basic sense for accountability, so bitching about rule changes is right up his alley.

Last edited:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Kwon Alexander to SF. 4 yrs/54 Million

Tampa Bay journalists are tweeting that this is a big loss for their defense. Still only 24 and a year removed from a Pro Bowl. We shall see.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Free Agency wish list.

CJ Mosley
Earl Thomas
Justin Houston
Pierre Desir

Can't get all of them, obviously. But if they can get the first 3, and then add Nick Bosa in the draft. Oh boy, what a defense we would have.
Well, Kwon Alexander it is, for way too much money, imo ... Maybe I am missing something.
TBH, I am starting to seriously question Lynch as a GM given a number of rather questionable free-agent signings the past couple of years. Drafting hasn't been spotless either.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
@CR 7 OBJ trade rumors

You ready for that nonsense?
Nonsense as in the rumors, or nonsense as in the player. Because if we are talking about the player, his teammates love him from what I have read. The polar opposite of Antonio Brown.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't tell you how many times I have hit F5 today on Bleacher Report.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 78)