American NFL Football (14 Viewers)

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Pretty weird...they even play few NFL matches in Wembley at some point of the season (not sure how long have they been doing that though).

Even I know many people who follow NFL and almost nobody here in Finland gives a rat's ass about NFL (people here only follow ice hockey, other winter sports, maybe boxing or something and EPL if they follow football).

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
Pretty weird...they even play few NFL matches in Wembley at some point of the season (not sure how long have they been doing that though).

Even I know many people who follow NFL and almost nobody here in Finland gives a rat's ass about NFL (people here only follow ice hockey, other winter sports, maybe boxing or something and EPL if they follow football).
Where I live now (Nottingham) they only care about football and some pakistani play cricket. I suppose it could be more of Londoners thing or other bigger cities that have communities of this sport. Not trying to make a dig at this game.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009

NFL is pretty big as a spectator sport in UK there's even talk about a London franchise. But even bigger in Germany to my knowledge. In Germany there is a decent amount playing the sport. Decent following in Denmark as well.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Free beer along the parade route?

In Philadelphia?

Oh god :lol: What could possibly go wrong :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

And the Patriots have lost both their offensive and defensive coordinators

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
And what's going on with the Pats? :shocked:
Nothing "going on". They had two very talented coordinators in Patricia and McDaniels, that now wanna try their luck in a HC role. It's McDaniels' 2nd attempt after the Broncos job back in 09-10.

With Belichick and Brady they'll be a contender next season.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

universities in England are starting to introduce it as a sport

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Nothing "going on". They had two very talented coordinators in Patricia and McDaniels, that now wanna try their luck in a HC role. It's McDaniels' 2nd attempt after the Broncos job back in 09-10.

With Belichick and Brady they'll be a contender next season.
McDaniels is staying in Boston.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
McDaniels is staying in Boston.
And in the meantime has probably cost himself any other head coaching job in the future.

He agreed in principle to coach the Colts 3 weeks ago.

He hired a full staff of assistant coaches. And now this happens. A staff that will now have to work for a coach whom didn't hire them, or worse yet, have their contracts cancelled and be out of a job.

Now, if he does end up being the Patriots head coach eventually, he will be directly replacing the greatest coach of all time, and would have to replace the greatest QB of all time. A no-win situation for him.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
And in the meantime has probably cost himself any other head coaching job in the future.

He agreed in principle to coach the Colts 3 weeks ago.

He hired a full staff of assistant coaches. And now this happens. A staff that will now have to work for a coach whom didn't hire them, or worse yet, have their contracts cancelled and be out of a job.

Now, if he does end up being the Patriots head coach eventually, he will be directly replacing the greatest coach of all time, and would have to replace the greatest QB of all time. A no-win situation for him.
Why do you think he changed his mind? And if the Colts hire another HC wouldn't he assign his new staff?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)