American NFL Football (34 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Gabbert may not be any better than Kaep as a pocket-passer but Gabbert doesn't represent a distraction either.

A business decision comes down to putting together all the positives and negatives and seeing which comes out on top. In Gabbert's case, its the positives, in Kaep's and Tebow's case, it's the negatives. Those last two simply aren't good enough to warrant the distractions they represent.

P.S. And here we are assuming that Keap is actually willing to scribe a bench, while getting paid bottom-of-the-barrel moneys that Gabbert is getting. And that is a JJUUUUGE assumption. :p
I think he is smart enough to know that he is not going to be a starter in the NFL. And I don't think that Tebow was a negative with his religious beliefs. Which is why I think that this is totally night and day. The issue with Tebow was that he couldn't throw a football more than 20 yards without it looking like a wounded duck.

Kaep has arguably one of the top 2 or 3 arms in the league, based on pure arm strength alone. ANd he played in Chip Kelly's system last year, which is not really a read option system. It is fast break football, a run and shoot for the 21st century. The only problem was that the interior of the offensive line was excruciatingly bad, which meant that he he had to run.

A Lot. And still got over 6 yards per carry doing it. Whilst getting killed nearly every week.

I am, and will be, of the mindset that the issue with him is not so much football related.

Buy on AliExpress.com

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
lol good point but Blaine is okay with being paid peanuts. We don't know if Kaep is. Just a thought.
Well, this thought quite possibly explains reality pretty well.

Now that he's seen little to no interest, Kaep may have lowered his expectations/demands (just a guess). Early in the free-agency period, however, he was likely looking for a starting QB position with starter's salary to boot (not really a guess).

- - - Updated - - -

I think he is smart enough to know that he is not going to be a starter in the NFL. And I don't think that Tebow was a negative with his religious beliefs. Which is why I think that this is totally night and day. The issue with Tebow was that he couldn't throw a football more than 20 yards without it looking like a wounded duck.

Kaep has arguably one of the top 2 or 3 arms in the league, based on pure arm strength alone. ANd he played in Chip Kelly's system last year, which is not really a read option system. It is fast break football, a run and shoot for the 21st century. The only problem was that the interior of the offensive line was excruciatingly bad, which meant that he he had to run.

A Lot. And still got over 6 yards per carry doing it. Whilst getting killed nearly every week.

I am, and will be, of the mindset that the issue with him is not so much football related.
I don't know - I think you may be severely underestimating the ego of an NFL player, especially one who did get to taste stardom and got to a SB, just a few years ago. It's not that easy to just all of a sudden become content with being a bench-scrubber. At that point, one may as well retire.
Gabbert and most back-ups out there, otoh, they are career back-ups thru and thru and they know it. They are in it for the steady paycheck and little more than that.

I wasn't implying that Tebow's religion was the main reason why he is out of the NFL. Rather, he was a major distraction with all the media attention he was getting since his college days - his religious believes may have played a role but weren't necessarily the center-piece in the commotion he created where ever he went.
My point was that both kaep and Tebow created unwanted attention, in their own specific and separate ways. What they have in common, however, is that their level of play in the NFL just wasn't good enough to carry the negatives they brought with them.

Tebow may have been far from a polished QB - like Kaep, very much an option QB, a gadget player, himself - but he had charisma, leadership and had somewhat of an affinity towards winning. Many starting QBs in today's NFL, most of whom are way more talented passers than Tebow, lack exactly that 'it' factor and winning mentality.

- - - Updated - - -

What I am trying to say is, if not for the distraction he represented, Tebow had some good things going for him that would have made teams willing to be patient with him and give him the opportunity, even if as a back-up, to develop into a more polished NFL QB.
What ultimately pushed him out of the league, however, was that he was just too much trouble to deal with for a back-up.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Remember this name as a QB in 2018 who could make a draft of 3 potential franchise QB's, turn into a draft of 4 potential franchise QB's

Jarrett Stidham- Auburn

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Only days after the NFL punished the New England Patriots and quarterback Tom Brady for the use of deflated footballs in the AFC championship game, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones came out in support of embattled league commissioner Roger Goodell.

"I think he's doing a great job, and I'm a big supporter of his," Jones said at the team's annual Sponsor Appreciation Golf Classic. "I've certainly had the benefit of his role as commissioner and being penalized in the past. But I'm a big supporter of his. I know one of his best qualities is fairness."
:lol: ... fucking Karma, hey :lol:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Just stopped by to say "FLY EAGLES FLY"! :MJ:

Missed the game against Packers...outcome was pretty :shifty:
:tup:

It's only preseason, no biggie.

Gotta say tho, I'm very relieved that chipmunk looking fuck from the Cowboys was banned. I love watching Cowboys fans and Jerry Jones complain. Suck it losers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)