American NFL Football (18 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Sat Watson some how drops to our 2nd round pick would you do it? Would you trade into the first for him? If he was there for our second rounder id do it. Hopefully the browns keep browning and pick Trubisky with the first
If Watson is there in the 2nd round then it's a no brainer. You make that pick. That kid has heart, guts, and is a winner. And a good arm and has mobility. Shsnahan would have to coach the hell out of him with his decision making, but definitely a risk worth taking in the 2nd round

- - - Updated - - -

I can't see the browns taking Trubisky at 1, but I can see them trading with the 49ers at #2 to make sure they get him ahead of the bears and jets.

12, 33, 4th round pick and 2 2nd round picks in 2018, for the #2 pick this year

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
My Top 10 prospects in the 2017 draft:

1. Solomon Thomas; Malik Hooker
3. Jamal Adams; Marshon Lattimore; Jon Allen
6. Leonard Fournette; David Njoku
8. Myles Garrett; Haason Reddick; O.J. Howard

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Adam Schefter is hearing some serious stuff in regards to the Browns taking Trubisky #1.

Oh god, please let this happen. Please....................................

Naturally this could cause a dilemma for me, which of course is the model for which this franchise has been building itself around lately. Doing everything possible to piss me off.

If Garrett is there at #2, do you run to the podium, knock Goodell and Trubisky over and hand over his name on a slip to a fallen commissioner?

Or do you bear witness to one of the most chaotic 10 minute bidding war ever for a #2 pick?

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Adam Schefter is hearing some serious stuff in regards to the Browns taking Trubisky #1.

Naturally this could cause a dilemma for me, which of course is the model for which this franchise has been building itself around lately. Doing everything possible to piss me off.

If Garrett is there at #2, do you run to the podium, knock Goodell and Trubisky over and hand over his name on a slip to a fallen commissioner?

Or do you bear witness to one of the most chaotic 10 minute bidding war ever for a #2 pick?
I would trade back a spot or two, get more picks and still pick a better prospect in S. Thomas or Hooker.

Not a fan of Garrett - more of an athlete than a football player, imo. Potential is thru the roof but bust potential is too high for comfort, as well.
I like Allen and Adams more than Garrett too - not as flashy prospects but much safer picks than MG.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me run a scenario by you - Browns being Browns take Slow-Pitch Mitch at 1, Jets being the Jets that they are give up next year's 1st round pick (very likely it is #1 pick overall) to go up to 2 for Garrett.
At 6, 9ers would still have a very good shot at getting at least one of Hooker or Thomas or worst case Allen. Then you have a legit shot at Darnold next year ... and very good chance both Trubisky and Garrett bust out.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I would trade back a spot or two, get more picks and still pick a better prospect in S. Thomas or Hooker.

Not a fan of Garrett - more of an athlete than a football player, imo. Potential is thru the roof but bust potential is too high for comfort, as well.
I like Allen and Adams more than Garrett too - not as flashy prospects but much safer picks than MG.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me run a scenario by you - Browns being Browns take Slow-Pitch Mitch at 1, Jets being the Jets that they are give up next year's 1st round pick (very likely it is #1 pick overall) to go up to 2 for Garrett.
At 6, 9ers would still have a very good shot at getting at least one of Hooker or Thomas or worst case Allen. Then you have a legit shot at Darnold next year ... and very good chance both Trubisky and Garrett bust out.

As much as I love Garrett, I would be more inclined to trade down and get extra picks for this year and next year. But that also means that if the consensus #1` player is still on the board at #2, then it needs to be the motherlode of draft picks. I'm talking 5 picks, at minimum.

You want the far and away consensus best prospect, and at a slightly lower salary and guaranteed money to boot? pay up. Big time.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Which mediocre QB will we take in the first round tomorrow? I hope it's Watson. Mahomes has an arm, but he crazy.
I think Watson has the best chance to be a really good QB. He has the physical skills and the mental makeup to succeed. You could say that he has probably the most tested quarterback to come out in the last 10 years. 2 consecutive title games will do that to you. I am a fan of his, just not at #2. He needs to work on his decision making but I think he's coachable under the right tutelage. His football IQ, according to scouts, is very high.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

In regards to Garrett. I was watching Mike Mayock's mock draft last night (The only draft guy that I trust), and he said that Garrett played the 2nd half of the season last year with a high ankle sprain.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
I think Watson has the best chance to be a really good QB. He has the physical skills and the mental makeup to succeed. You could say that he has probably the most tested quarterback to come out in the last 10 years. 2 consecutive title games will do that to you. I am a fan of his, just not at #2. He needs to work on his decision making but I think he's coachable under the right tutelage. His football IQ, according to scouts, is very high.

- - - Updated - - -

In regards to Garrett. I was watching Mike Mayock's mock draft last night (The only draft guy that I trust), and he said that Garrett played the 2nd half of the season last year with a high ankle sprain.
The concern is this "news" of him having played with an injury started coming out only after some (e.g. Warren Sapp) raised concerns about his football character.
For the record, my opinion and eval of Garrett has nothing to do with the noise being created of late - always have been in that boat.

- - - Updated - - -

Which mediocre QB will we take in the first round tomorrow? I hope it's Watson. Mahomes has an arm, but he crazy.
My money would be on Mahomes as Trubisky and Watson are probably gone by then. Mahomes isn't a first round prospect and is the least NFL-ready of the top QBs and will need a lot of work till he is ready to start in the NFL ... This being said, 5 years from now, Mahomes could very well turn out to be the most successful QB of the group - long-term eval is total crap-shoot with this QB group, imo.

Agree with Serge - only QB I would take a chance at in the 1st would be Watson and even he has some very serious concerns about whether he would ever become a franchise QB at the NFL level. At least he has the mental make-up and character of a champ, unlike the other clowns, especially Trubisky - Watson shows leadership and heart in the big moments, Trubisky disappears in them.
This being said, Watson lacks accuracy and potentially ability to "read" the field i.e. go thru his progressions in reading defenses. Unless he overcomes these shortcomings, he will never be a great NFL QB ... but his high-character and leadership make him worthy of a shot as a 1st rounder.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Marshawn Lynch to the Raiders for a swap of low 2018 draft picks. Talk about a low risk/high reward move.

Assuming that he is healthy and motivated
I don't know - this feels like a publicity stunt more than anything else, designed to distract from Raiders moving to Vegas and keep Oakland butts in the seats for the next 2 or so years until the stadium in Vegas is ready and the Raiders can finally complete the move. Otherwise what is the costly alternative - an empty stadium for two years or even the Raiders being forced to move to say San Antonio for a year or two?
Two years ago Lynch was a broken-down RB who retired a year into a very lucrative contract extension he had just signed with the Hawks. I mean he was really beat up and ineffective and now, two years later, he is supposed to be a baller again? Not impossible, but not very likely either.

Raiders would be much better off drafting a young RB in a really good RB class this year, imo - someone like Foreman int he 3rd or Conner in the 4th-5th.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Mahomes is the best QB in this draft

Trubisky is a close 2nd
Why , because he can throw 80 yards on one knee?

Kyle Boller did that too. Remember him? I don't blame you if you don't.

- - - Updated - - -

The concern is this "news" of him having played with an injury started coming out only after some (e.g. Warren Sapp) raised concerns about his football character.
For the record, my opinion and eval of Garrett has nothing to do with the noise being created of late - always have been in that boat.

- - - Updated - - -

My money would be on Mahomes as Trubisky and Watson are probably gone by then. Mahomes isn't a first round prospect and is the least NFL-ready of the top QBs and will need a lot of work till he is ready to start in the NFL ... This being said, 5 years from now, Mahomes could very well turn out to be the most successful QB of the group - long-term eval is total crap-shoot with this QB group, imo.

Agree with Serge - only QB I would take a chance at in the 1st would be Watson and even he has some very serious concerns about whether he would ever become a franchise QB at the NFL level. At least he has the mental make-up and character of a champ, unlike the other clowns, especially Trubisky - Watson shows leadership and heart in the big moments, Trubisky disappears in them.
This being said, Watson lacks accuracy and potentially ability to "read" the field i.e. go thru his progressions in reading defenses. Unless he overcomes these shortcomings, he will never be a great NFL QB ... but his high-character and leadership make him worthy of a shot as a 1st rounder.
But you could also say that he didn't want to use it as an excuse during the season, either.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Why , because he can throw 80 yards on one knee?

Kyle Boller did that too. Remember him? I don't blame you if you don't.

- - - Updated - - -

But you could also say that he didn't want to use it as an excuse during the season, either.
Maybe but we are speculating already, which is why I'd have to trust what I actually saw with him - a gifted athlete, who doesn't dominate games, padding his stats vs inferior college teams and shows lack of desired grit and determination on the field.
He also gives me the feeling he belongs in med or law school (not a knock but a compliment for life outside the NFL) rather than the NFL i.e. serious questions if he lives and breathes football, which is what you ultimately want if you are gonna invest the top pick in a player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)