American NFL Football (32 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
All arguments are over.

Over.

Done.

Finito.

Anybody who has the gall to say that Brady isn't the greatest QB in the history of this game needs to be perma banned from this thread.

To do this at the age of 39 years old. It is beyond comprehension.

There is only one quarterback that is worthy of being in the same class as Brady, and that is Montana.

Not Elway. Not either Manning, Not Bradshaw, Aikman, Rodgers, Favre, Brees, Unitas, Marino.

None of them.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
All arguments are over.

Over.

Done.

Finito.

Anybody who has the gall to say that Brady isn't the greatest QB in the history of this game needs to be perma banned from this thread.

To do this at the age of 39 years old. It is beyond comprehension.

There is only one quarterback that is worthy of being in the same class as Brady, and that is Montana.

Not Elway. Not either Manning, Not Bradshaw, Aikman, Rodgers, Favre, Brees, Unitas, Marino.

None of them.
Yeah it's Montana and Brady definitely. Montana never lost one and won 4, Brady has lost them but won 5 and just did the impossible.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Yeah it's Montana and Brady definitely.
No, it's Brady, then Montana.

I said that three years ago after the lat super bowl that they won, and I got roasted on this thread. ANd I am the biggest 49ers fan that anyone here will ever know.

But this argument isn't even worth discussing anymore. There is no point.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
No, it's Brady, then Montana.

I said that three years ago after the lat super bowl that they won, and I got roasted on this thread. ANd I am the biggest 49ers fan that anyone here will ever know.

But this argument isn't even worth discussing anymore. There is no point.
I never saw Montana so I cant really talk

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Yeah it's Montana and Brady definitely. Montana never lost one and won 4, Brady has lost them but won 5 and just did the impossible.
please don;t try to make the argument that finishing 6th is somehow better than finishing 2nd.

Montana won his SBs in an era where his team was head ans shoulders above any other and the only two teams that came even close were the Redskins and the Giants, both NFC teams.
That is, if the 9ers were to make the SB, they were facing a vastly inferior AFC team and were practically guaranteed a win at the SB.
Just to give you a measure as to what I am referring to - in the era when Montana won all his 4 SBs, the NFC team at the SB beat their AFC counterpart in (iirc) 17 consecutive years.

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
Wife ask if I was gonna cry, I said last time I ever cried was when Del Piero played his last game at the J stadium, the only other time is when if Juventus and Buffon ever lifts the CL trophy...could only imagine.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
please don;t try to make the argument that finishing 6th is somehow better than finishing 2nd.

Montana won his SBs in an era where his team was head ans shoulders above any other and the only two teams that came even close were the Redskins and the Giants, both NFC teams.
That is, if the 9ers were to make the SB, they were facing a vastly inferior AFC team and were practically guaranteed a win at the SB.
Just to give you a measure as to what I am referring to - in the era when Montana won all his 4 SBs, the NFC team at the SB beat their AFC counterpart in (iirc) 17 consecutive years.
Please just take this in stride, and I ask you not to diminish what Montana did. I had a feeling that someone was going to throw the whole 4-0 argument out there.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Please just take this in stride, and I ask you not to diminish what Montana did. I had a feeling that someone was going to throw the whole 4-0 argument out there.
Not diminishing Montana at all - for me he is the only QB that could be put in the same convo with Brady.

Just pointing out how hollow the 4-0 argument is, when taken out of context.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I just realized that he threw for 466 yards in this game.

At the age of 39.

With three white dudes at wideout, a 4th round rookie WR, and no Gronkowski.

Come on now.

- - - Updated - - -

System, my ass :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

OK, so now it's on to Kyle Shanahan as our new head coach.

Here we go......................

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007

At the age of 39.

Come on now.

- - - Updated - - -

System, my ass

- - - Updated - - -

OK, so now it's on to Kyle Shanahan as our new head coach.

Here we go......................
Yeah, Fucking insane.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005

At the age of 39.

Come on now.

- - - Updated - - -

System, my ass :lol:
crazy, absolutely crazy ... still can't believe they actually pulled this off given how the game was going for them thru the first 3 quarters.

Patriots are a much better team than Atlanta - they outmatch them in virtually every category and this game should not have been close.
They just kept shooting themselves in the foot though, being their worst enemy for 3 quarters in a SB game ... very uncharacteristic for them and I have to admit I thought they had given up on themselves at one point.

So glad I was wrong :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)