American NFL Football (26 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
As far as the Falcons, they already had a solid base to support Ryan as you said and I think Big Ben passes like 9 times a game or something in his rookie year (exaggerating).

Bottom line. Neither the Jets nor the Lions have what it takes to support a young inexperienced quarterback. Both Sanchez and Stafford are going to have a lot of pressure to create offense and make plays. I think Sanchez will be most successful because he has Jones and Washington while Stafford only has Johnson.
Sanchez has a lot of talent around him.

You forget, the jets have basically an all-pro left side of an offensive line (Ferguson,Faneca, Mangold at Center), two very good running backs in Thomas Jones and Leon Washington, a good young tight end in Dustin Keller, and a game breaker in Jericho Cotchery.

Keep in mind, the only thing that stopped the Jets from making the playoffs last year was Brett Favre.

He was placed in basically a perfect situation.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Sanchez has a lot of talent around him.

You forget, the jets have basically an all-pro left side of an offensive line (Ferguson,Faneca, Mangold at Center), two very good running backs in Thomas Jones and Leon Washington, a good young tight end in Dustin Keller, and a game breaker in Jericho Cotchery.

Keep in mind, the only thing that stopped the Jets from making the playoffs last year was Brett Favre.
I did mention that the Jets have more talent (even Jones and Washington).:D

I just haven't seen much out of Sanchez that's all that impressive. His preseason stats weren't much to talk about. I think he should have stayed at USC another year. But you never know... I could be wrong.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
So that means Sanchez better perform then, Sergio.

I think he will.

I said it before the draft, and I will say it now. Sanchez is the better pro prospect. He has the intangibles that you can't measure with a stop watch.

I honestly thought that it was a mistake to draft Stafford with the 1st pick unless they did something to shore up the offensive line with the 20th pick. THey didn't do it. Stafford is extremely immobile and does not throw as well as Sanchez on the run.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Well, I hope you're wrong. I wasn't a huge fan of either QB's during their college careers, but if I'd take one, it would have been Stafford.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I did mention that the Jets have more talent (even Jones and Washington).:D

I just haven't seen much out of Sanchez that's all that impressive. His preseason stats weren't much to talk about. I think he should have stayed at USC another year. But you never know... I could be wrong.

His pre-season stats were actually very good. But stats mean nothing in pre-season. If that was the case, then Terrence Flagler would be in the hall of fame. It's all about decision making, and Sanchez showed the ability to make good decisions in the pre-season, even after he threw that pick-6 against baltimore. Even the Giants defense were saying just how poised and impressive he looks.

He has that "it" factor already. Like you feel he can go into a huddle and draw up a play in the sand and make it work.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
His pre-season stats were actually very good. But stats mean nothing in pre-season. If that was the case, then Terrence Flagler would be in the hall of fame. It's all about decision making, and Sanchez showed the ability to make good decisions in the pre-season, even after he threw that pick-6 against baltimore. Even the Giants defense were saying just how poised and impressive he looks.

He has that "it" factor already. Like you feel he can go into a huddle and draw up a play in the sand and make it work.
We'll see.

To answer the question you asked Andy I wouldn't have taken either QB before pick 10. Just grabbed Orakpo and let him loose on the world.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I saw enough of Sanchez to not be entirely convinced of him as a great NFL talent QB, mostly because of his arm. I was also not impressed with him after Leinart. It's not because I went to PSU.
His Arm??

The same arm that was rated as the strongest arm coming out of high school his senior season?

Ok, fair enough.

You did see his first completion in pre-season was a 50 yard perfect pass on the fly though, right?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
We'll see.

To answer the question you asked Andy I wouldn't have taken either QB before pick 10. Just grabbed Orakpo and let him loose on the world.

Brian Orapko?

The best player in the draft this year was Aaron Curry, no doubt about it. Can't believe he went to Seattle

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
No, I did not, but I did see Stafford complete two 40-yard-ers during preseason, one on the run.

We'll just have to see how it plays out.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The Oakland Raiders are the dumbest franchise in the NFL

Agree or Disagree

Trading a 2011 1st round pick for a 30 year old Defensive End who is in the last year of his contract.

To the Patriots, I might add.

And no, I WILL NOT say that the Lions are the dumbest franchise. They hold a place in my heart, which is why I was critical, and still am critical of the Stafford selection.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)