Not open for further replies.
OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #42
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

I remember hearing a subway ad where they say there's only 6 calories per sandwich. Then at the end they've got that typical "i speak really fast so nobody will understand the small print" voice, and it says "6 calories with mayonnaise only or no non-fat condiments", which basically means that the sub will have 6 calories if you have a mayonnaise sandwich :groan:
    :LOL: Yeah thats true. There are so many discrepencies with food items, it almost like why even bother? :D Just eat yourself to death.

Wait, does that sound American? Bah. :D

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #43
    ++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++

...Unlike truly accurate and fair sources of information and opinion, like Fox News. :rofl:

Everyone's in the truth distortion game. So why not Michael Moore?

All I know is that our respect and credibility in the world at large has only gone in the toilet since the Bush presidency. And with the way we currently think that the rest of the world doesn't really matter, the seeds of eventual demise for every great, dominant world power in history has been this kind of hubris. And we're not just talking military either -- it's economic as well.

If anything, we've radicalized more and more of the world against us. The Bush administration has been a better recruitment tool for Al Queda than anything Bin Laden could do or say right now. And the majority of world opinion suggests that the U.S.'s tactics have lead to a more dangerous, and not a more secure, world right now.

And who can be held accountable -- and will take responsibility -- for sending hundreds of Americans and thousands of Iraqis to their deaths over a very public premise that was either a boldfaced lie or complete incompetence? I can't imagine any other arena where thousands of people die and billions of dollars are lost over a wrong decision (or worse, a deception) and yet no one loses their job over it... or is even asked to be held accountable for mistakes.

Of course, I have some liberal biases. But I have some very conservative tendencies as well (I'm not sure who hates hippies more -- me, or Eric Cartman). This is the first election in my memory where I've felt there were such moral responsibilities for voters. There is a lot of "ends justify the means" thinking going on now.

Oh -- and Quiznos? I almost punched out the guy in the inflatable Quiznos suit when he blocked my exit from the subway on the way to work yesterday. Quiznos and Subway can duke it out as much as they want. They'll get my business only if my remaining choice for something to eat is some tired formula of cold semi-edibles slapped on slices of bread.
    That right there in bold is what I'm talking about. That sense of "I don't care what the world thinks of me" attitude from Bush really doesn't help our cause. Its true that Bush does have the experiance of protecting our Nation, but while he is protecting it he is also adding fuel to the fire. Thus, the possibility of terror attacks still remains the same, which is an almost certain fate in our future.

And besides protecting our Nation against Terror, I also want some protection against Economic disaster. The Economy is as sick as a puppy who just drank antifreeze, and its system needs to be cleansed. Can Bush do that? Hell if I know.

This Election reminds me of dicussions of which team I hate more, either Inter or Roma. :dontcare:

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++They'll get my business only if my remaining choice for something to eat is some tired formula of cold semi-edibles slapped on slices of bread.
    But thats just it...Quizinos is so much more then that. Try it, there isn't anything cold about it.

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

I remember hearing a subway ad where they say there's only 6 calories per sandwich. Then at the end they've got that typical "i speak really fast so nobody will understand the small print" voice, and it says "6 calories with mayonnaise only or no non-fat condiments", which basically means that the sub will have 6 calories if you have a mayonnaise sandwich :groan:

just to clarify something

a piece of gum has 3.3 calories. they are talking about 6 grams of carbs but

indeed it does have 6 grams of carbs if you remover meat, cheese, and flavour.

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++

Oh -- and Quiznos? I almost punched out the guy in the inflatable Quiznos suit when he blocked my exit from the subway on the way to work yesterday. Quiznos and Subway can duke it out as much as they want. They'll get my business only if my remaining choice for something to eat is some tired formula of cold semi-edibles slapped on slices of bread.

try going to Mr.Sub and order the "grilled chicken"

they will get two pieces of "chicken aka rock" from the fidge and put them for 30 secs in the microwave

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    No thanks... the last thing I'll do is vote for our poor excuse of a president.

What kind of president uses the word "Crusade" when talking about going into Iraq. His writers surely know what this word means to the Muslim world.

He just looks for trouble.

The fact that he said Sharon was a "man of peace" destroys whatever hopes there is for the US gov. to at least show that it's looking at the Palastinian-Israeli conflict from a non-bias standpoint.
    He's completely ignoring the conflicts now that the elections are comming up.
    His forgien policy is shallow...He's full of hot air....

I watched Moore's movie. I admit Moore was a bit childish with bellow the belt shots at Bush, but we can't ignore the fact that a lot of what he said was true.

I dont see how a man like this can be the head of the leading country in the world.

Don't even get me started on his decision to invade Iraq ( and the way he did it)...

He can show all the strength in the world. He'll probibly invade Syria, Sudan, Iran... God knews who's next, but one thing's for sure is that he's putting proud Amercian soldiers in harms way for nothing. Many innocent people will die, and he'll just make more enimies.

I dont know much about Kerry, but I know I won't be voting for Mr. Bush.

K10

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++

Burger King? :D

Where in FL are you moving to?
    Most likely a place named Kendall or something so. Anyone heard of it? How is it? What's it like? Hot girls? Night life?

About the fast food, so only two places "healthy enough"? Subway and Quizinos?

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++

Most likely a place named Kendall or something so. Anyone heard of it? How is it? What's it like? Hot girls? Night life?

About the fast food, so only two places "healthy enough"? Subway and Quizinos?
    just bring home a girl to cook for you every night

K10

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Sir Sebastian ] ++

just bring home a girl to cook for you every night
    Are the girls there any good?

From what I hear, the girls in Miami are easy but they are either disease infected or on medication.

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
    Sorry for going a bit off-topic, but why was the Canadian thread closed? I was really excited about talking about Tim Horton's doughnuts. Especially the double chocalte one I ate last night complemented with four timbits and nice cup of chocolate milk.

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by PersianMafia ] ++
    Sorry for going a bit off-topic, but why was the Canadian thread closed? I was really excited about talking about Tim Horton's doughnuts. Especially the double chocalte one I ate last night complemented with four timbits and nice cup of chocolate milk.
    i pmed Tom but he hasnt read it yet.

what happened to tim bits btw they used to be much better.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    What kind of president uses the word "Crusade" when talking about going into Iraq. His writers surely know what this word means to the Muslim world.
    I don't think even Bush was that stupid. He meant to use "crusade". Bush doesn't support the religious right, he is the religious right. As a born again recovering alcoholic, it's been quite clear before even Sept 11 that he's ensuring his religious agendas infuse our public policy, our scientific policy, and our political policy. And then when people call him on it, he invokes some divine-right-like mumbo jumbo as if he's the right hand of God and therefore beyond questioning.

Bush really does feel he's on a religious war and this is about the Christians against the Muslims -- make no doubt about it. It's just too un-PC for him to come out and publicly say that. But his actions say everything.

This is why I call his administration the American Taliban. The parallels are uncanny.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by BigIzz ] ++
    But thats just it...Quizinos is so much more then that. Try it, there isn't anything cold about it.
    One universal law of food that I've discovered in my life's experience:

Chain food = chain flavor

I've tried Quiznos, and it's no exception.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)