American College Football (8 Viewers)

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
It's not a very foreign friendly product I guess.

Timeout
Addbreak
Special Teams getting ready
Adbreak
Talk about agents fees
Interview

:confused: I could only imagine the utter shit storm that would happen if they tried that here.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Repeat after Me.

YOUNGSTOWN

STATE

Yes, he looked good, but Youngstown State is Division III Football, dude.
You watched the game?

I know what division they're in. I'm not even talking about the score. But the poise and especially the arm with this kid, he's quite promising. Surprised joe started hi.

He will have a rough game against Bama. But if he played for USC you'd be quite happy with what you saw.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
You watched the game?

I know what division they're in. I'm not even talking about the score. But the poise and especially the arm with this kid, he's quite promising. Surprised joe started hi.

He will have a rough game against Bama. But if he played for USC you'd be quite happy with what you saw.
They already have a QB. Matt Barkley.

Its got NOTHING to do with where he plays. The fact is, it was a Division III school, man. So your excitement needs to be tempered just a little, bro. He puts up a halfway decent game against Alabama, then you got something.

Even if they lose, and lose badly, if he shows himself to be tough and resilient, then you've got something.

See: Matt Barkley last year at Ohio State.

Man, do you honestly think that I'm that simple minded? First the whole "Moggi-Marotta" crap, and now this.

You really have no respect for my intelligence, do you.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Man, I don't doubt your intelligence, never have. Why would I? To be honest, I was joking about the Moggi stuff for the most part. The basis of it was that others misinterpreted what you had said, not that you actually thought another successful period with multiple CL finals was upon us.

I don't see why my excitement over the player needs to be curtailed. First of all, I never said he was anything besides promising and looking confident for a freshman, which doesn't mean I think he's another Matt Barkley. Secondly, the fact that JoePa even started the player is astounding since he NEVER starts fresh QB's. Sure, the competition isn't all that great, but it was widely thought that Newsome would be the starter. And that's not just because Bolden only had less than a month practicing with the team. Then thirdly, the kid obviously has a great arm and in-game thought process for his age -- he chose the right angles and didn't "pass beyond his means", which young QB's at this level tend to do.

The reason why I asked if you saw the game was because this poise, confidence, and overall ability to throw the ball can't always be seen in just a few Sportscenter highlights. I know full well the competition was poor, I know that he needs to show a similar effort against Bama, and I know that he's still got a long way to go. But one thing is for sure, after watching us play Youngstown State for several years, Bolden was better in passing the ball than both Morelli and Clark, both of whom were seniors. So that gives me something to be excited about.

Obviously with Bama's quick defense he's going to have more errors at this point. But if our O-line can protect him in the pocket, giving him some time, he might not do too badly. We'll see, he might be benched for the rest of the season, I just don't know.

But for now, I'll go overrate some other Nittany Lion since I do it so much...

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Man, I don't doubt your intelligence, never have. Why would I? To be honest, I was joking about the Moggi stuff for the most part. The basis of it was that others misinterpreted what you had said, not that you actually thought another successful period with multiple CL finals was upon us.

I don't see why my excitement over the player needs to be curtailed. First of all, I never said he was anything besides promising and looking confident for a freshman, which doesn't mean I think he's another Matt Barkley. Secondly, the fact that JoePa even started the player is astounding since he NEVER starts fresh QB's. Sure, the competition isn't all that great, but it was widely thought that Newsome would be the starter. And that's not just because Bolden only had less than a month practicing with the team. Then thirdly, the kid obviously has a great arm and in-game thought process for his age -- he chose the right angles and didn't "pass beyond his means", which young QB's at this level tend to do.

The reason why I asked if you saw the game was because this poise, confidence, and overall ability to throw the ball can't always be seen in just a few Sportscenter highlights. I know full well the competition was poor, I know that he needs to show a similar effort against Bama, and I know that he's still got a long way to go. But one thing is for sure, after watching us play Youngstown State for several years, Bolden was better in passing the ball than both Morelli and Clark, both of whom were seniors. So that gives me something to be excited about.

Obviously with Bama's quick defense he's going to have more errors at this point. But if our O-line can protect him in the pocket, giving him some time, he might not do too badly. We'll see, he might be benched for the rest of the season, I just don't know.

But for now, I'll go overrate some other Nittany Lion since I do it so much...
Here is why i think that your excitement should be just a little bit tempered.

Matt Barkley.

I saw what he was able to do, while getting injured against Ohio State, and still winning on the road, and I though that he was lock, stock and barrel for the #1 pick in the 2012 draft.

And then came Oregon, and then Stanford, and then came Arizona, and then you realize that he is just a freshman, and a freshman on a team that was loaded on offense last year.

That's all I'm saying, yo.

You wanna get excited about something, get excited about the fact that he is surrounded by veterans position players and lineman, so that they can help make the game easier for him.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Here is why i think that your excitement should be just a little bit tempered.

Matt Barkley.

I saw what he was able to do, while getting injured against Ohio State, and still winning on the road, and I though that he was lock, stock and barrel for the #1 pick in the 2012 draft.

And then came Oregon, and then Stanford, and then came Arizona, and then you realize that he is just a freshman, and a freshman on a team that was loaded on offense last year.

That's all I'm saying, yo.

You wanna get excited about something, get excited about the fact that he is surrounded by veterans position players and lineman, so that they can help make the game easier for him.
If I have faith in one thing, it's something called trends. The fact that JoePa has never started a freshman QB before, even when we had freshman who were better than juniors, is saying a lot.

I understand where you're coming from, but I can't help but feel that this kid has talent. What the fuck do you want me to say? That he doesn't have talent until he throws a solid game against a top four BCS contender?

Sometimes I don't really get you guys. And I'm glad you aren't scouting for my school if this is the case. :D

Then again, I've never played a competitive game of American football, so I may have no idea what I'm talking about.

Wow. Just wow.

And Youngstown is an FCS team.
And did you watch the game?

You don't have to answer that because I already know... you didn't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)