American College Football (11 Viewers)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
it is bullcrap to an extent but then again college football wants to keep "traditions" alive and both conferences have obviously agreed and signed to this deal.

in all honesty, i have no love for college football in terms of bowls and the system, etc..

this isn't the college football i grew up watching, its just a cash cow being milked the wrong way.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Yeah, but you gotta admit: making a Big 10 team visit to a Pac 10 stadium every year is bullcrap.
No one is "Making" them visit a Pac 10 stadium every year.

And if Penn State had beaten Iowa, this wouldn't even have been an issue!!!!!

God, you people make it seem like the Big 10 teams have to travel 3 days after their last regular season game or something.

Get over yourselves. They have 3 weeks.

You didn't see me bitching or complaining when USC had to travel to Florida to stomp on Iowa 6 years ago, and I don't remember Oklahoma complaining 5 years ago when they went to the Rose Bowl, and you can pretty much bet the mortgage on your house that Texas didn't complain the 2 years that they were there consecutively.

So let me ask you guys this question.

From the years of 1993-2001, when the big ten won SEVEN OUT OF NINE ROSE BOWLS, was anyone complaining about, "oh, how unfortunate for the Big Ten that they have to get to sunny California in a matter of 3 weeks to play in THE MOST PRESTIGIOUS BOWL GAME IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!"

Give me a fucking break already, guys. Seriously

How come nobody complains about the Sugar Bowl, which is where the SEC champ is supposed to go if they are not in the running for the BCS Championship?

Any of you guys raise a fuss over LSU, when they play in the Sugar Bowl, practically playing a home game as well??

Or is it the fact that it is USC that has all of your panites in a twist.

Remind me to check this thread if GOd Forbid, oregon, or Oregon State make the Rose Bowl next year, and let's see if all of you are crying foul then

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
no one is defending the big10 or complaining. calm down man, USC won the game fair and square which we all knew they would regardless of where they played the game

i was merely pointing out that the big10 is overrated but will never be disrespected due to tradition and what not. i can't stand the big10 conference. i know that since i have stated that point i will be hammered by those unmentioned on this forum about how bad the ACC is -- which we all know. funny how the pendulum swings

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
no one is defending the big10 or complaining. calm down man, USC won the game fair and square which we all knew they would regardless of where they played the game

i was merely pointing out that the big10 is overrated but will never be disrespected due to tradition and what not. i can't stand the big10 conference. i know that since i have stated that point i will be hammered by those unmentioned on this forum about how bad the ACC is -- which we all know. funny how the pendulum swings

Ok, you are missing my point, my friend.

Its not a question of USC. It's just some of these laughable "It sucks that they make a Big 10 team play a Pac 10 team in a Pac 10 stadium" comments.

Again, see "Cotton Bowl" Big 12 winner, "Sugar Bowl", SEC winner. Don't think that there's some sort of extra advantage there?? I never heard anyone cry about Miami getting an unfair advantage by playing in the Orange Bowl

That's just the way it is. Who the fuck wants to play a January bowl game in -10 degree weather with 15 inches of snow?? You think that Joe Paterno, god bless him, would say, "oh no, I wouldn't want to play in Sunny California. I'd much rather play in a blizzard in Ann Arbor."

Hell no.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

Its not a question of USC. It's just some of these laughable "It sucks that they make a Big 10 team play a Pac 10 team in a Pac 10 stadium" comments.

Again, see "Cotton Bowl" Big 12 winner, "Sugar Bowl", SEC winner. Don't think that there's some sort of extra advantage there?? I never heard anyone cry about Miami getting an unfair advantage by playing in the Orange Bowl

That's just the way it is. Who the fuck wants to play a January bowl game in -10 degree weather with 15 inches of snow?? You think that Joe Paterno, god bless him, would say, "oh no, I wouldn't want to play in Sunny California. I'd much rather play in a blizzard in Ann Arbor."

Hell no.
That stuff happens all the time in bowl games. Hawaii has their own bowl game for example. It's just the way to cookie crumbles. The entire bowl system is basically a scheme to make millions, but that's a discussion for another time.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
How come nobody complains about the Sugar Bowl, which is where the SEC champ is supposed to go if they are not in the running for the BCS Championship?

Any of you guys raise a fuss over LSU, when they play in the Sugar Bowl, practically playing a home game as well??
YES! Absolutely. I can't stand that nonsense either. Same with Hawaii.

Or is it the fact that it is USC that has all of your panites in a twist.
Well, I mean, USC walks around with a prick attitude which must naturally be due to their location. They seem like they are bigger than life itself, and perhaps people are just tired of hearing about them.

Great program but Southern California is made out to be like heaven on earth.

But anyways, congrats to the better team in USC.

I don't understand why it's laughable. Either way, these teams shouldn't be practically getting home games every year. That's not fair in any case.

Hell no.
But then why not switch up the Bowl games and send the Pac-Ten winner to Florida or Hawaii? Wouldn't that be a simple solution.

That stuff happens all the time in bowl games. Hawaii has their own bowl game for example. It's just the way to cookie crumbles. The entire bowl system is basically a scheme to make millions, but that's a discussion for another time.
It always should be discussed. The winners are the winners, so there is no point to discuss the other games. We just got beaten by the better team, unless one wants to keep going on about how the Big Ten is the worst conference out there. You can keep going on all that.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
So Alabama is going to lose to Utah?

Perhaps it's more about team rather than conference, so this whole system is utter bollocks. Which everyone knows already.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
it was an entertaining 1st quarter and utah ends up being the only undefeated team in the nation. say what you want but they are arguably the best team in the nation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)