American College Football (6 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Such ranking is just a crap shot. I don't know why they have to come out with that stuff, because if so, the game would be unnecessary on the pitch. These preseason rankings are useless and they're pretty much groundless. Why not let the teams decide on the field?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Of course, but these sort of rankings are based on seven month predictions. You cannot evaluate a team based on that time frame. The big schools of course will receive the bias at the start of the season, so that's why they shouldn't come out with such rankings.

You don't see Serie A come out with rankings at the start, so why do we put out this crap? Let the players play.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
did anyone see what lou holtz said about mccoy when they were supposed to be on "commercial"

apparently he apologized on the next segment when they were giving out helmet stickers

OP
ßöмßäяðîëя
Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #431
    I don't see why that matters. In reality, it would be more acceptable for the Italians to create a ranking, not the NCAA people.
    NCAA soesn't do it. ESPN and USA Today do it in preseason, the Coaches' Poll comes out week 1.
    did anyone see what lou holtz said about mccoy when they were supposed to be on "commercial"

apparently he apologized on the next segment when they were giving out helmet stickers
    Nah, what happened?
    What did he say?

I hate those motherfuckers.
    I hate Holtz and May.....

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    apparently they were talking about mccoy vs. tebow and then they went to commercial but they were actually still on air and holtz made some comments (basically talking shit about colt and the routine tebow praise session)

so when turned the channel to espn this morning they were doing the helmet sticker segment and at the end lou apologized in front of camera. the only way i knew what happened was because lou talked about it

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    that homo jesse palmer says that USC has the best chance to get back into the NC picture!!

how the fuck does that make sense when there are still undefeated teams in better conferences and that not playing another ranked opponent for the rest of your season doesn't help your cause either!

i swear, some of these so called "analysts" are dumber than a tampon

David01

Aug 20, 2006
    how exactly are these rankings made? I mean, how is it decided who no1 team is or no7?
    and how is it decided which teams can go to a bowl?
    is that because of ranking or geogroaphy?

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    how exactly are these rankings made? I mean, how is it decided who no1 team is or no7?
    and how is it decided which teams can go to a bowl?
    is that because of ranking or geogroaphy?
    you're question has an answer but not based on a viable solution

there are multiple polls/ranking systems but the primary poll which is recognized is the BCS poll. the other polls are the coaches poll and AP poll and one more poll (which i forgot the name of).

teams are ranked higher/lower based on wins/losses after a weekend of play. on top of that the strength of the opponent is also taken into consideration as well as your teams performance in the win. Also playing at home or an away game matters as well.

the most baffling thing is the side logic the voters use when ranking teams. a clear and obvious team that should be ranked #1 isn't always selected. there is bias on what region a school is in and as well as the usual media hype which is exponentially biased than in any other sport.

college football is a great sport and like all sports its about money. these schools get paid alot of money and the NCAA is at the top of that hustle. its better to matchup teams for the Championship game that will bring in large revenue than a team that obviously played all season to deserve a bid for the title.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)