Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (21 Viewers)

May 22, 2007
“I am very happy to arrive here and I’m looking forward to it,” he declared in an interview with Radio Tuscany on Tuesday.

“This afternoon I met the team at training. I miss the League, I miss the field and I just above everything to prove my worth, mostly to myself and then to those that have believed in me recently.

“The last few months have not been easy, a period of suffering, but I’ve had the help of my family more than anything. The first goal, when it comes, will be dedicated to them.”

“I never had any doubts, my arrival in town was delayed only for family reasons and it is absolutely not true that I waited for the possible move from Milan, also because the Rossoneri have never made me feel.

“A few years ago I was going to come to Florence instead of [Luca] Toni, then I do not know why it never happened. As I said to [sporting director Pantaleo] Corvino, I was bound to come to Fiorentina sooner or later.

“For me, La Viola are a great team, a leading figure in Italian football. There is everything to improve in such a difficult period, but I think that with my contribution, we can get out of this.”

“The national team is still my goal, I believe, but only by playing and performing well will I have the opportunity to convince Prandelli.

“I hope to win the prize of a return to the Azzurri, because it is on my list of ambitions for this second part of the season. It all depends on my performances for Fiorentina.”

http://www.football-italia.net/node/14982

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)