Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (12 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Tuesday 9 November, 2010
Blog: Missing a centre-forward

Juventus are flying high but their weak link is up front. Serafino Ingardia feels Amauri and Vincenzo Iaquinta are not good enough to be regulars
Juventus are making an impact in Serie A and have been praised for their achievements so far. Injuries aside, everything has been going reasonably well for the Bianconeri and Gigi Del Neri’s tactics have clearly worked for the team.

Despite being shaky at times, their backline is now responding adequately. The midfield has performed beyond expectations with impressive performances from Alberto Aquilani, Felipe Melo and Milos Krasic. Still their crucial problem has been up front, where despite fantastic displays from Alessandro Del Piero and good input from Fabio Quagliarella, Juve have been missing a real bomber.

A team which wishes to compete for the title should be able to count on a striker, who is capable of bagging in the region of 20 goals per season. The truth is that neither Amauri nor Vincenzo Iaquinta have so far proved to be able to net goals galore.

According to many, Iaquinta is past his best. In all fairness, Vincenzone has been struggling due to several injuries which have been bothering him since pre-season. For a player of his build, who bases his game on a physical approach, this is simply making it impossible for him to perform at his best. Nevertheless, for a club as Juventus, the former Udinese player should be regarded as a back up player and nothing more.

Amauri’s situation instead has been slightly more complicated and the Bianconeri fans are getting increasingly annoyed with the Brazilian. The former Palermo man is yet to score in Serie A this term. OK, he has had injury problems too but everybody in Turin thought this was going to be his season.

The striker was signed from Palermo for over £20m but his scoring trend at Juve has been really disappointing. In his first season, Amauri scored 12 Serie A goals while in his second he could only manage five in 30 games. The Brazilian does put in great effort but his goal drought seemed endless at times. Surely a team like Juventus needs more than that and, at least according to statistics, Amauri can also be regarded as nothing more than a reserve.

It is important to note also how teams like Sampdoria with Giampaolo Pazzini and Fiorentina with Alberto Gilardino have forwards with a scoring touch much greater than Amauri and Iaquinta put together, never mind mentioning Inter and Milan’s attacking force. Indeed, the Old Lady missed a great chance this summer when they could have signed Marco Borriello but let him go to Roma.

Still Del Neri is determined to help Amauri improve which is understandable as he tries to make the most of what he has, but it is also reasonable for director general Beppe Marotta to be looking for a replacement in January. There have been all sorts of reports in recent weeks – Juve to swap Amauri for Diego Forlan, links to Edin Dzeko :tuttosport:, Fernando Llorente and Karim Benzema.

The truth is Juve cannot afford to spend big in January as they won’t be certain of Champions League football next season, but also because negotiations will be incredibly complicated. Unless Marotta pulls a trick of his, Del Neri’s magic touch will be needed to work on both Amauri and Iaquinta if Juve are to succeed this term.

Finally!

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Unfortunately Amauri is deficient in the most important aspect of his game and that's goals. Looking at it in more detail though, he's had a more interrupted time at Juve then Iaquinta. I've seen Amauri at his best and its by far better then IQs best. He just has a whole lot more to offer then IQ does IMO. It won't happen but I truly believe that he could become a decent striker again if he could be starting more consistently without injuries interrupting him. He still has all the things about him that made us want to buy him in the first place. Physical attributes and valuable skills don't just disappear, not unless he fell over in the tub one day. He just lacks the confidence he used to have and that's fundamentally the problem with Amauri.
That's not exactly true. Iaquinta has had just as much "interruptions", if not more.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
That's not exactly true. Iaquinta has had just as much "interruptions", if not more.
Regardless...Amauri has had more PT than Iaquinta over the last 2 seasons and hasn't scored as much as IQ has either. IQ, as many times as he misses still takes his chances and gets into position and scores. The same cannot be said about Amauri.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Regardless...Amauri has had more PT than Iaquinta over the last 2 seasons and hasn't scored as much as IQ has either. IQ, as many times as he misses still takes his chances and gets into position and scores. The same cannot be said about Amauri.
Wait, what does that have to do with what I posted? :shifty:

The knee jerker said that Iaquinta has been "luckier" because he has had fewer setbacks or interruptions. I merely highlighted the fact that that is not true. If anything, Iaquinta has had to deal with more of those.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Wait, what does that have to do with what I posted? :shifty:

The knee jerker said that Iaquinta has been "luckier" because he has had fewer setbacks or interruptions. I merely highlighted the fact that that is not true. If anything, Iaquinta has had to deal with more of those.
Yeah, I was more or less posting a statement about the two, not necessarily directed towards you...you were just the last post so I quoted it. Both suck...we need to sell...moving on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)