Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (115 Viewers)

Jul 21, 2006
Lets talk some football here.

I wouldn't laugh or bash Amauri for last nights game, not at all. No service Amauri got as our wingers/flanks were shut down mostly, no essential assists or pass through, he didn't find himself in a 1 vs 1 position with a keeper or at least last defender. He did receive one okay cross from our primavera player and he was unfortunately blocked by two players.

We had a bad and unlucky night last game, so I wouldn't comment or say much about our players because it was expected after 5min of the start of the game.

DP did put in a few good set pieces... but Amauri didn't even fight to get the best position in the box.

Of course there will be defenders trying to block him out of the ball's path but this is where he should use his strength to fight for.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Lets talk some football here.

I wouldn't laugh or bash Amauri for last nights game, not at all. No service Amauri got as our wingers/flanks were shut down mostly, no essential assists or pass through, he didn't find himself in a 1 vs 1 position with a keeper or at least last defender. He did receive one okay cross from our primavera player and he was unfortunately blocked by two players.

We had a bad and unlucky night last game, so I wouldn't comment or say much about our players because it was expected after 5min of the start of the game.
Please Rab, two or three times we went on a fast counter when he received the ball he simply stopped. I have never seen such a stop from a player before. Losing the ball at the edge of the box is nothing to be proud of either. Forget the service, he lacked simple football skills last night. The only thing he did is the disgusting clapping over his head, I feel I want to puke on his hair each time he does it.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
So true, the way he was fucking our counter attacks last night was infuriating. Such a lasy, useless player he is.

Even if he's not injured, we should always start with Ale and Quag upfront. Its our most lethal strike partnership by far.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Don't you guys think that three games for Ale in a week is a little too much?
We don't have other options also. Anyway, I also thing Ale didn't give his 100% in last nights match, so this could be an advantage IMO

Please Rab, two or three times we went on a fast counter when he received the ball he simply stopped. I have never seen such a stop from a player before. Losing the ball at the edge of the box is nothing to be proud of either. Forget the service, he lacked simple football skills last night. The only thing he did is the disgusting clapping over his head, I feel I want to puke on his hair each time he does it.
True concerning his football skills, he's lacking some skills this season I would say. But I also would have loved to see a couple of decent crosses or a real chance for him to see how he'll react to it.

That said, I still think I'll pick Amauri over Iaquinta TBH. Not that I'm satisfied with any of them.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
We don't have other options also. Anyway, I also thing Ale didn't give his 100% in last nights match, so this could be an advantage IMO
hmm...i kinda saw ale tired in the last 25 minutes but started running like a madman in the extra time minutes, so i guess you're right

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
True concerning his football skills, he's lacking some skills this season I would say. But I also would have loved to see a couple of decent crosses or a real chance for him to see how he'll react to it.

That said, I still think I'll pick Amauri over Iaquinta TBH. Not that I'm satisfied with any of them.
I will also pick Amewry over Iaq but that's not saying much.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
The difference betweeb IQ and Janet is that at least IQ gets himself into position and actually shoots, he does that more often than Janet does.

IQ has a better chance at scoring than Janet just based off of the ability to get into the right position in the box.

Janet sucks at everything.

Juve Material

Aug 4, 2009
Of course hes going to be playing badly if he hasnt scored in a long time, so I dont know why everyone is surprised here.

Since when have you seen a player on a goal drought having good skills? The two are related. When he scores again, his overall game will improve too.

VicCB

Jul 30, 2010
I want to officially apologize to Hustini for giving Amauri the benefit of the doubt. I still say we needed Krasic at that time more than Dzeko though. :)

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Of course hes going to be playing badly if he hasnt scored in a long time, so I dont know why everyone is surprised here.

Since when have you seen a player on a goal drought having good skills? The two are related. When he scores again, his overall game will improve too.
On many, many occasions, Amauri sucks in every department.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
He had a relatively good first year but he hasn't been able to get back up to that level and is already 30. I honestly don't get why we didn't keep Trezeguet and yet held on to this guy.
Good six months is more like it. Amauri did show promise but i knew he wouldn't keep up that sort of form. We should have sold Amauri when he was hot & had heavy media attention.

VicCB

Jul 30, 2010
Good six months is more like it. Amauri did show promise but i knew he wouldn't keep up that sort of form. We should have sold Amauri when he was hot & had heavy media attention.
Granted, but then again, it's kind of counter intuitive when a player that is doing well gets sold, so not the transfer season of 2009. This year though? Yeah, should have been sold, he proved his worth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 115)