Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (18 Viewers)

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
This idea to keep him around for years and hoping he will get better is fairly optimistic.
We already have so much dead wood up front. If I had to choose between Iaquinta and Amauri to go it would be Iaquinta. Trez will most likely be gone. No ones going to buy Amauri for a reasonable price anyway, it would seem like such a waste and we're not going to buy three new strikers so why not keep him for another season and provide him with better support.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Watching this video, and also a few of his time at Palermo, gives me hope that once we improve our passing game, and revert to a 4-4-2, Amauri may well be worth keeping...because he can be unstoppable in the air. I had forgotten, or rather, his form has been SO terrible this season that I had written him off...Now I am changing my stance. And pondering that if happy, and in a happy team, he can be quality. His problems are not a lack of talent, they are a fragile emotional/mental/spiritual state. No team can have many of these kind of players, because they don't fight when everything goes wrong, they whimper and fold. we DEFINITELY need more spirited players. The fact that Chiellini and Buffon have had half decent seasons instead of the 'wretched' of the rest of the squad, is down to their mental powers as much as their natural football skill.

Losing Nedved created a huge spiritual hole in the squad. we lost more than a player, more than his energy, we lost his enthusiasm and relentless desire to fight and win, which demanded the same of those around him, which they fed off...

With Trez leaving, DP almost dead, we will only have Iaquinta and Amauri, unless Del neri gives Immobile a chance. or we sign Pazzini...that could be fine actually..Pazzini, Amauri, Iaquinta, DP, Immobile....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)