Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (147 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Easy on the man. At least for his last night performance. It's true he's paid to score like Footie said, but sometimes, it's more than just scoring.

I'll give an example here: Del Piero didn't score last night, but because of him we managed to get the foul that lead to our goal(the foul that pissed Mourinho), because of him Samuel almost got sent off and was forced to play calmly to avoid his 2nd yellow card. He calms the play, knows what to do, when to attack when not etc.

Amauri wasn't efficient upfront but he did well defensively and covering back the middle which gives our midfielders extra protection and a bit less work. All this plays a major role in winning games(most of the times).

Plus we don't have full Trezeguet yet and Iaquinta isn't available so lets not complain much right now.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Easy on the man. At least for his last night performance. It's true he's paid to score like Footie said, but sometimes, it's more than just scoring.

I'll give an example here: Del Piero didn't score last night, but because of him we managed to get the foul that lead to our goal(the foul that pissed Mourinho), because of him Samuel almost got sent off and was forced to play calmly to avoid his 2nd yellow card. He calms the play, knows what to do, when to attack when not etc.

Amauri wasn't efficient upfront but he did well defensively and covering back the middle which gives our midfielders extra protection and a bit less work. All this plays a major role in winning games(most of the times).

Plus we don't have full Trezeguet yet and Iaquinta isn't available so lets not complain much right now.
I kept saying that line all the time. People compare forwards with goals only which is very wrong. But Amauri is not only not scoring, but also doing nothing recently. Once Trezeguet is fit, I would defenitely use him, and once Iaquinta is back, I would bench Amauri and rotate Iaquinta with Trezeguet. Iaquinta is the man!!

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
I kept saying that line all the time. People compare forwards with goals only which is very wrong. But Amauri is not only not scoring, but also doing nothing recently. Once Trezeguet is fit, I would defenitely use him, and once Iaquinta is back, I would bench Amauri and rotate Iaquinta with Trezeguet. Iaquinta is the man!!
Nothing? Our midfield would not have functioned quite as well as it did without Amauri last night.

Boksic

May 11, 2005

Great post :tup:

Amauri had a great game last night, he had been looking off the pace in recent weeks but his hold up work, allowing the team to keep the ball and push out at the back was excellent!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
We don't disagree here. I believe Amauri hasn't been efficient at all in previous matches and I would star David over him no doubt, not sure about Iaquinta though.

But last night it was different, I saw a positive performance for him unlike his other matches.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Yeah last night it was a bit better, but not mouth watering performance. Not enough at least to bench Trezeguet and I am sure you agree with me. But sure I don't underrate him that much to bench him for a kid like some people keep asking, Immobile :D

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
ĵџvє_вãвγ;2258279 said:
Well, in the middle of a discussion about Amauri's form, football quality, what he gives to the team and what he doesn't give, you pop up and say that he should stop ironing his hair.
Only a girl, and Elvin, could have said such a thing in the middle of a football debate.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Well, in the middle of a discussion about Amauri's form, football quality, what he gives to the team and what he doesn't give, you pop up and say that he should stop ironing his hair.
Only a girl, and Elvin, could have said such a thing in the middle of a football debate.
:lol: you didn't have to explain it

ĵџvє_вãвγ

Earth Intruder
Jul 5, 2006
i dont see a problem with this:stuckup: but it proves Elvin thinks like a girl:p..***..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 147)