Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (14 Viewers)

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
Iaquita and Trezeguet both start from the bench and winning over their places. its time Amauri or maybe Del Piero to go through the same process..
Amauri yes but Delpiero is not going to go through same process :D cos he is king, and he can save the team, with assists free kicks great goals, instead Amauri all he can do is hold the ball :sergio:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Hopefully Amauri will regain his form back soon, but i think he needs to simply go back basics ( its the hardest part when your off form) and do the little things right. He seems to be trying too hard to make everything and that just complicated everything. Numerous times he just holds on to the ball instead of simply returning the one-two or trying to pass a player instead of retaining possession.
Also he should really try something different with his challenges with the defenders. I'm not saying everything the refs called against him are fouls but you can see a pattern and it just disrupts the whole build up for something silly. So he needs to rethink his approach for that.

A friend of mine put it best, he needs to stop trying to be Ibra and start trying to be more of a Torres or a Drogba (build up wise not finishing ofcourse because he not even close to these in that term).

We know he has the talent, lets see if he has the mentality to back it up because this is a big test for him with this very long dry up of goals.

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
If he plays vs Palermo, and scores a crucial goal...do you think he'll be able to contain himself and not celebrate like last season?

...neither do I.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)