Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (13 Viewers)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Toni's double Amauri threat

Luca Toni is facing down his Amauri nightmare in the Champions League and World Cup. “He’s stronger than me now, but things change.”

Not only has his Bayern Munich picked Juventus in the group phase, but also Amauri’s passport is coming in, so there’ll be a direct battle for the starting spot in the Italy jersey.

“Before being an Italy player, I am above all a fan,” said Toni in Tuttosport. “That means I want the best player to represent the country.

“At this moment in time, that is Amauri, he’s stronger than me now. But things change and anything could happen in the coming year. I just want to play and take my chances to win back the Azzurri shirt.”

Toni has fallen out of favour at Bayern Munich and the team is struggling in the Bundesliga, but have a tough Champions League group with Juventus, Bordeaux and Maccabi Haifa.

“In truth, I am happy to meet up with old friends, but I would’ve preferred a less impressive opponent. In my career I have scored a few against Gigi [Buffon], he still remembers the time I hit a brace for Vicenza when he was at Parma.

“However, when you come face to face with him, the goalmouth seems to shrink to a tiny size.”

Bayern were the seeds in the draw, but Toni tips the Bianconeri to top the group.

“Juve are absolutely and utterly favourites. Potentially we are a great squad, but we have had a very bad start in the Bundesliga without a single win. Things are very chaotic here at the moment.”

http://www.football-italia.net/aug29i.html

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Law ends Amauri Azzurri dream?

Amauri could be forced to wait up to six months for his Italian passport, effectively ending his hopes of playing in the 2010 World Cup.

The Brazilian has been in the process of gaining citizenship for some time and had hoped his papers would be delivered this month.

However, according to the latest reports from the Corriere dello Sport, the legendary red tape has got the Juventus striker ensnared.

The FIGC asked the Ministry of the Interior for information regarding the process and will receive an answer today, but the prognosis is not looking good.

Under new rules introduced on August 8, Amauri can only ask for citizenship exactly one year after his wife has received her Italian passport.

His partner, who is also Brazilian but has lived in the peninsula for many years, only became a citizen on March 3 2009.

The original rules would have allowed Amauri to gain citizenship within six months – in other words tomorrow – but the law has changed to make it more difficult to become Italian.

It would in fact be a two-year wait, but that was reduced to 12 months if the couple has children.

Source: http://www.football-italia.net/sep2f.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gets tricky AGAIN !!!

Jul 10, 2006
Toni's double Amauri threat

Luca Toni is facing down his Amauri nightmare in the Champions League and World Cup. “He’s stronger than me now, but things change.”

Not only has his Bayern Munich picked Juventus in the group phase, but also Amauri’s passport is coming in, so there’ll be a direct battle for the starting spot in the Italy jersey.

“Before being an Italy player, I am above all a fan,” said Toni in Tuttosport. “That means I want the best player to represent the country.

“At this moment in time, that is Amauri, he’s stronger than me now. But things change and anything could happen in the coming year. I just want to play and take my chances to win back the Azzurri shirt.”

Toni has fallen out of favour at Bayern Munich and the team is struggling in the Bundesliga, but have a tough Champions League group with Juventus, Bordeaux and Maccabi Haifa.

“In truth, I am happy to meet up with old friends, but I would’ve preferred a less impressive opponent. In my career I have scored a few against Gigi [Buffon], he still remembers the time I hit a brace for Vicenza when he was at Parma.

“However, when you come face to face with him, the goalmouth seems to shrink to a tiny size.”

Bayern were the seeds in the draw, but Toni tips the Bianconeri to top the group.

“Juve are absolutely and utterly favourites. Potentially we are a great squad, but we have had a very bad start in the Bundesliga without a single win. Things are very chaotic here at the moment.”

http://www.football-italia.net/aug29i.html
I dont care what anyone says, Luca Toni is a great footballer.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Law ends Amauri Azzurri dream?

Amauri could be forced to wait up to six months for his Italian passport, effectively ending his hopes of playing in the 2010 World Cup.

The Brazilian has been in the process of gaining citizenship for some time and had hoped his papers would be delivered this month.

However, according to the latest reports from the Corriere dello Sport, the legendary red tape has got the Juventus striker ensnared.

The FIGC asked the Ministry of the Interior for information regarding the process and will receive an answer today, but the prognosis is not looking good.

Under new rules introduced on August 8, Amauri can only ask for citizenship exactly one year after his wife has received her Italian passport.

His partner, who is also Brazilian but has lived in the peninsula for many years, only became a citizen on March 3 2009.

The original rules would have allowed Amauri to gain citizenship within six months – in other words tomorrow – but the law has changed to make it more difficult to become Italian.

It would in fact be a two-year wait, but that was reduced to 12 months if the couple has children.

Source: http://www.football-italia.net/sep2f.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gets tricky AGAIN !!!
uh-oh!

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
really? but who's gonna get amauri the ball? is he gonna bring it up from the back all the way? if its just about playing in the WC then i think he would be able to reconcile his differences with Dunga and maybe he will realize that he needs him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)