Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (102 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Its one of the most retarded things I keep repeteadly hearing in a forum that doesnt lack somewhat retarded mofos eager to spew inane BS.

You actually are proud of parading utter stupidity like that and say it nonstop when this topic comes up (atleast little understandle if was jokes even if its beyond boring by now, but you are actually serious with this deluded stuff).Atleast others who are inclined to say retarded things now and then just dont know better. But you obviously do. Or I am giving you too much credit?

Its nothing new to you as you spew that kind of BS regurarly, but you seriously think thats HOW to address that post of his?
What sort of BS is that, Mr. Pirate? Don't talk about stuff your immigration-ridden ass doesn't understand. I actually defend immigrants who want to keep their culture intact once they emigrate, so don't give me any damn lecture. Your blood isn't worth any fucking amount of change, so don't act like it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
And who said it is? What the heck has that have to do with anything?

Do you even know what you are saying? Re-read your posts, SERIOUSLY (re-read what the guy said, and read again the INANE and RETARDED mumbo jumbo you replied with).

You have serious issues when you spew out random garbage like that. Sorry for assuming you are on something like alcohol, but its just your actual train of thoughts? You actually think what you are saying is all ok?

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Listen, the Italians were fielding South Americans with suspicious Italian background ever since the 1930's and they're keep doing that today by fielding the guy who looks like a Mapuche (and surprise surprise, he's from the country where the Mapuche people live, Argentina) than an Italian.
One more convertito won't make much difference.

And also, if the people from the FIGC (who are also Italian) think he's eligible to play for Italy and want him to play for Italy, if Lippi thinks so, if Del Piero thinks so, if Buffon thinks so, if Chiellini thinks so.....then what makes you more Italian than them to claim that he shouldn't be eligible to play for Italy?

Either he's eligible to play for Italy or someone should demand Italian FA to give back the world cup trophies from 1934, 1938 and 2006 won with South Americans in the team.

It's my opinion. My opinion doesn't change what other people think or do. Just because one Italian thinks amauri shouldn't be on the NT doesn't mean everyone will. Buffon, Chiellni, and Del piero are obviously going to be biased towards a juve player joining the NT. I'd prefer it if we chose rossi, toni, iaquinta, DP, di natale and every other italian striker over him. Just because you don't agree with me doesn't mean you're right and I'm wrong. It's not like I'm trying to convince people to think my way, I'm just stating what I believe.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Absolutely, you're entitled to your opinion...just don't squeal Forza Amauri when he scores a crucial goal for the Azzurri...remember the fact that you disapprove of him

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
And who said it is? What the heck has that have to do with anything?

Do you even know what you are saying? Re-read your posts, SERIOUSLY (re-read what the guy said, and read again the INANE and RETARDED mumbo jumbo you replied with).

You have serious issues when you spew out random garbage like that. Sorry for assuming you are on something like alcohol, but its just your actual train of thoughts? You actually think what you are saying is all ok?
I don't see what's wrong with it. If some fake Italian who lives in Canada claims Amauri isn't "good" enough or "special" enough to play for the Azzurri, then he shouldn't be given any respect. Too many fake Azzurri fans seem to think they have a right to tell people who is accepted and who is rejected on "their team", as if they're like some sort of all-knowing God with superior blood than the rest of the lot. What makes them allowed to tell people like Amauri they're not allowed to play for the Azzurri? Is it because they're too arrogant and conceited to accept somebody a little different in their beloved team, or is it because when they emigrate they're too afraid to assimilate?

If some people wouldn't be such hypocrites and maintain their positions on Camoranesi and Amauri, I wouldn't have a problem. But instead, you have phoney fans walking around telling people what they are or what they are not, claiming to be part of some exclusive club that's "better" than all the others, just because of some stupid blood line that they may or may not have.

You want me to continue on how INANE and RETARDED this sort of concept is, or is that enough? Let me guess, you think you're an Italian too? Figures.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Absolutely, you're entitled to your opinion...just don't squeal Forza Amauri when he scores a crucial goal for the Azzurri...remember the fact that you disapprove of him
Exactly. Once Amauri scores a winning goal, you'll see these hypocrites cheering on Amauri, saying forza Amauri, forza Azzurri, when they have been saying no to the player all along. I mean, talk about arrogance and conceited fans. Once the glory comes, THEN they appreciate the player, just like fucking Camoranesi.

These people are nothing more than jealous Stefano Fiores out there. Hypocrites at best.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Amauri Makes Brazil Plea
Soccer365
December 24, 2008

Juventus forward Carvalho Amauri has made a call to Brazil coach Carlos Dunga to save him from a future of Italian benches, Tuttosport reports. The Serie A ace is apparently taking measures to secure his national team future with one of the two world football powers.

Speculation has been emerging that Italy boss Marcelo Lippi was trying to secure the services of Amauri as soon as the player received Italian citizenship, but hopes that the Brazilian will wear the Azzurri shirt are slowly but surely fading away.

"I would rather play for Brazil", claimed Amauri after a Juventus training session. "I know many people do not consider me Italian, even despite the fact Camoranesi played for the Azzurri with Argentine parents. If Dunga selects me first, then I will be a Brazilian. But if Lippi calls me up, I will try my best to please Italian supporters and become more Italian."

Lippi finds himself with limited choices for strike partners in his quest to qualify for World Cup 2010 in South Africa, so the Amauri debate will remain to be a hot issue in Italian football circles. Alberto Gilardino and Luca Toni are the prime candidates for the job, however Amauri has other dreams.

"If I could play for two nations, I would play for Italy and Brazil", the striker joked. "I would allocate 75% of my time to Brazil, and 25% to Italy. If we happen to meet each other in South Africa, I would be Italy's super substitution!"

www.soccer365.com

Sep 14, 2003
Antonio Vojak was a Croatian football player. Born in Pula in Croatia from Croatian parents. He was a great player and up till today he's still Napoli's all time 2nd topscorer. He also spent 4 years in Juve where he scored 46 goals on 102 matches.
During the fascist regime and the famous anti-slavic policy of the fascists he was forced to change his surname to Vogliani and he was even capped for the Azzurri.

I wonder how many such "Italians" i will find if i start searching :angel:

Interesting.

It's similar to how many Jews did the same to hide their ethnicity.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I refuse to do it.
We didn't need a striker in the summer. We had Del Piero, Trez, Iaquinta and Giovinco. We splashed 25m on Amauri who couldn't score more than 15 goals even for Palermo and Chievo. He never played for a big team before and he was 28.
I won't hail a player bought by Secco.
Not to mention that we almost sacrificed Giovinco, DC and Marchisio to get him:gsol:
and we also sacrificed the majority of our summer transfer budget.
The very limited funds we had, funds that could have bought us a new quality CB and LB.
We have sacrificed a solid roof defense to fine the forward line, we sacrificed a better player/more reliable than Poulsen and Knezevic, to get Amauri,
we completely marginalized Giovinco's role in our team,
to get him.
We sacrificed an opportunity to sign a creative midfielder, investing only to Amauri creative skills!
The least Amauri ought to deliver, was the goals he delivered so far.

Trezequet's unfortunate injury only made Amauri's acquisition even more important/valuable.
If Trezequet was around to score those goals Amauri have scored, the absence of the other things we have sacrificed would already be more obvious. (meaning our team being overpowered upfront and crippled at the back)

We must not forget that this transfer, also canceled the effects of Iaquinta's acquisition. And doomed his form/hopes.

It is still too early to value Amauri's transfer, as the wise strategic choice in the long run.
Due to Treze's injury it was proved to be a great tactical choice though, for the present being...

So you must check your sarcasm for one more season, because it might bite you back. This very moment is the least appropriate, to draw any conclusions!
We have limited resources and we cant abuse them, we are building a new team, which is stacked up at places and hollow at some other places!

To bring an example:
if we sacrifice our next years transfer budget and our plans to start building a stadium this year. And bring Drogba this winter, would this be a wise strategical choice??
If Drogba manages to score 15 goals by the end of the season, but we end up 3-4th due to the goals conceded,
would he be the wise choice, only because he scored those goals?
What about the collateral sacrifices/damages??
If we were forced to retire DP and Treze sooner than expected and offload Iaquinta and Giovinco for peanuts, buying only caricatures, like Knezevic for this and the next season, would this be, the right choice?

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
We have sacrificed a solid roof defense to fine the forward line, we sacrificed a better player/more reliable than Poulsen and Knezevic, to get Amauri,
we completely marginalized Giovinco's role in our team,
to get him.
againt you don't name the mysterious player that would have been available for a decent prize.

If Trezequet was around to score those goals Amauri have scored, the absence of the other things we have sacrificed would already be more obvious. (meaning our team being overpowered upfront and crippled at the back)
crippled at the back ? but you did watch the league table lately ?

we do not have much depth in defense, but the starters are sufficent

that's good for our fans .... we do outscore the opponent and do not only rely on a rock solid defense to have one lucky shot to score...

We must not forget that this transfer, also canceled the effects of Iaquinta's acquisition. And doomed his form/hopes.
i don't aprove that point, because if we bought a creative midfielder you could say "zanettis hope for a starting place is doomed". same with a centre back who would probably doom legrottaglies chances to get first team football.

in both cases you could say "why overpay for a new player, when the old player does fit the bill, too"

further i do not see a player that was available for the funds we could have saved by not buying amauri and poulsen. (NO, alonso was never going to come, since liverpool did not get barry before)

It is still too early to value Amauri's transfer, as the wise strategic choice in the long run.
Due to Treze's injury it was proved to be a great tactical choice though, for the present being...
right now you can only say "well done".
if ranieri told the board he wanted 4 great strikers that he can throw into the european water to get something in the champions league, than there is no way to blame him. he is doing great there.

To bring an example:
if we sacrifice our next years transfer budget and our plans to start building a stadium this year. And bring Drogba this winter, would this be a wise strategical choice??
If Drogba manages to score 15 goals by the end of the season, but we end up 3-4th due to the goals conceded,
would he be the wise choice, only because he scored those goals?
What about the collateral sacrifices/damages??
If we were forced to retire DP and Treze sooner than expected and offload Iaquinta and Giovinco for peanuts, buying only caricatures, like Knezevic for this and the next season, would this be, the right choice?
you are overexagerating ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 102)