Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (11 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Not to mention that we almost sacrificed Giovinco, DC and Marchisio to get him:gsol:
and we also sacrificed the majority of our summer transfer budget.
The very limited funds we had, funds that could have bought us a new quality CB and LB.
We have sacrificed a solid roof defense to fine the forward line, we sacrificed a better player/more reliable than Poulsen and Knezevic, to get Amauri,
we completely marginalized Giovinco's role in our team,
to get him.
We sacrificed an opportunity to sign a creative midfielder, investing only to Amauri creative skills!
The least Amauri ought to deliver, was the goals he delivered so far.

Trezequet's unfortunate injury only made Amauri's acquisition even more important/valuable.
If Trezequet was around to score those goals Amauri have scored, the absence of the other things we have sacrificed would already be more obvious. (meaning our team being overpowered upfront and crippled at the back)

We must not forget that this transfer, also canceled the effects of Iaquinta's acquisition. And doomed his form/hopes.

It is still too early to value Amauri's transfer, as the wise strategic choice in the long run.
Due to Treze's injury it was proved to be a great tactical choice though, for the present being...

So you must check your sarcasm for one more season, because it might bite you back. This very moment is the least appropriate, to draw any conclusions!
We have limited resources and we cant abuse them, we are building a new team, which is stacked up at places and hollow at some other places!

To bring an example:
if we sacrifice our next years transfer budget and our plans to start building a stadium this year. And bring Drogba this winter, would this be a wise strategical choice??
If Drogba manages to score 15 goals by the end of the season, but we end up 3-4th due to the goals conceded,
would he be the wise choice, only because he scored those goals?
What about the collateral sacrifices/damages??
If we were forced to retire DP and Treze sooner than expected and offload Iaquinta and Giovinco for peanuts, buying only caricatures, like Knezevic for this and the next season, would this be, the right choice?
That's because we didn't want to sign a quality CB.Trezeguet and Del Piero are not capable of playing all season in all competitions and not to mention possible suspensions.Iaquinta can choke and Amauri is 10x player he is.We didn't want to sign a quality CB because we already signed Mellberg and Secco said we won't buy any other defender after him.And I don't see any reason why to complain about central backs right now because Legro and Chiellini are doing great so far and it looks like Mellberg is starting to pay off.

LB is something different though but yet again we didn't want to sign a new LB because we had our hopes on Molinaro and we brought De Ceglie back.Look,I think we have many black holes in our team but we can't afford to cover it all in one season.I think we need a new RB actually.Grygera is pretty bad so far and our medical staff is very busy with Zebina.IF Grygera gets injured we can't do much about it...we can only play Salihamidzic there who's even worse than Grygera on that position.Molinaro is not that good in attack but he's not that bad in defense either.He improved so far,not much but he did and there's a lof of differenc between Juventus & Siena,struggling to stay in Seria A and fighting for title and in Champions League.He is still learning...and if something happens to him we have De Ceglie to cover that spot.

We didn't really sacrifice an opportunity to sign a creative midfielder because Ranieri doesn't want to play like that and signing Poulsen is a proof of it.If we really wanted to sign someone creative we wouldn't end up with Christian even if we bought Amauri.We have Zanetti,Poulsen,Sissoko,Marchisio,Tiago and Ekdal who can cover that place.So that's 6 players...signing another *(creative)midfielder would only be bad for Marchisio who would end up in Empoli or Siena probably.This was he's getting some time to play and learning which is IMO much better.And so far he was good.I know Zanetti is injury prone and I know we could've sold Tiago but transfer to Atletico failed or it was just media bullshit and we actually wanted to give him another chance.So we didn't want to sign someone creative in middle.

Trezegut got injured and Amauri took over his place and so far he's damn good.Saying Trez would've scored all goals Amauri did is just something you can't know.Maybe,but maybe not.Even if Trez didn't pick up that injury I'm sure Amauri would play and score some goals.Iaquinta is warming our bench and Amauri's transfer only affected him but I think he knew that.He did good for us at times and he barely got his chance this season and when he did,he ruined it by missing like millions of chances.He's our last choice as striker but he can't really complain about it because they are all better than him.I think he will leave us soon because.He is too good to be our 4th choice in attack.Anyway however you turn up Amauri>>>>Iaquinta.

IMO Amauri's transfer already payed off.He's doing great so far and I think he's one of the best strikers in Europe.He got everything one striker needs to have and I bet every team dreams to have someone like him.

Transfer value wasn't small but he's worth it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
againt you don't name the mysterious player that would have been available for a decent prize.
For 15-25mil, you may choose any CB you consider decent!!!
We had a full summer to find one, but we were never really interest, because Amauri absorved most of our funds !

crippled at the back ? but you did watch the league table lately ?

we do not have much depth in defense, but the starters are sufficent
I did and i have seen, that the defense is still our weak link, like it has been for the past 3-4 years. Though we look better as a team, in the after crisis period,
we are still as good as our weakest link. If we ever want to improve, we must start from there!
Our determination and our spirit, atm is admirable, the calciopoli effects are still affecting us, but against complete teams like Inter, our weakness is exposed
and it did made the difference. If our difference were stronger, Inter wouldnt be 6points away...

that's good for our fans .... we do outscore the opponent and do not only rely on a rock solid defense to have one lucky shot to score...
Our managers believe that spectacle > results
In Italy at least, if you want to actually win smth you have to do it through your defense, as Juventus were teaching for decades...
By the end of the season, a few impressive wins, will be forgotten, but the tittle will stand... We need a title now, more than ever!

i don't aprove that point, because if we bought a creative midfielder you could say "zanettis hope for a starting place is doomed". same with a centre back who would probably doom legrottaglies chances to get first team football.
There is no other place in our squad stacked up with talent, as our forward line.
Zanetti's and Legro's future is not our clubs priority, they are limited by their age and skill.
Mellberg and Legro are not meant to find a team like Inter, they just can do that!!!
But Amauri can, so as Treze and DP, the difference is, that in the offensive line we have alternative champions to field, but in the backline, we lack those top players, able to compete with the best.
So i dont blame them for conceding silly goals, like that against Inter and tomorrow against Chelsea. They are not meant to stop Ibra and Drogba,
they are squad players, they cant make the difference against the highest competition! I wont blame Amauri for not scoring more goals than Drogba either.
But i will blame our managers for not balancing our team and give us the chance to field a full team with quality players in every line.
Thats exactly what i ve been trying to explain to you for the past 2 seasons!

As for Iaquinta, it is abusive for our forward line to be, (each and every year)
our primary object to upgrade, despite the fact that we have always had 2 world class forwards and we keep negletting our fading, injury/mistake prone, back-line.
We bought Iaquinta, then Amauri, probably Cassano is next,
in the meantime we please our selves with unreliable defenders like Andrade, Stendardo, Mellberg and Knezevic. Only because we cant afford to buy better players, because our limited funds are allocated in our forward line!
Despite having many promising youngsters to place among our champions, like Palla, Lanza and Giovinco, players who will accept the sub role without problems, players ready to help and gain exp, when given the chance. Players that are young and killed enough to make eligible for a proper investment for the future.
We are undermining their future and we keep investing forward, like we have no other choice!
While in the mean time, we have no reliable, starter options in our defense and none of our defenders, bar Chiellini is skilled enough, to become a top class player!
All i am saying is that, we keep investing on our forward line recklessly, like Real used to do. Ignoring our problems in the back and our lacks in the midfield!
We play in a different league and we have less funds they did.
Real was heavily criticized, in this and every other football forum for this very reason, but we are no turning the other way (hypocritically) and embrace the same tactic:disagree:
in both cases you could say "why overpay for a new player, when the old player does fit the bill, too"
Are you referring to Trezequet and Amaury duel, or to Poulsen and Diego??

further i do not see a player that was available for the funds we could have saved by not buying amauri and poulsen. (NO, alonso was never going to come, since liverpool did not get barry before)
If we were paying the money we paid on Poulsen and 5 mil from the Amauri deal, we would have gotten Alonso instead and an extra bonus of a 15mil reliable, CB, rather than Knezevic.

right now you can only say "well done".
if ranieri told the board he wanted 4 great strikers that he can throw into the european water to get something in the champions league, than there is no way to blame him. he is doing great there.
You judge logical decisions only by the results, lucky or not,
but because sometimes these very results, are not affected, at all, by your efforts and prudence,
i tend to judge by the intention, logic solidarity, future prospect and other calculable parameters...
The duty of our leaders, is to prepare our team, as much better as possible, so that we can take advantage of the maximum chances we can get.
If we win against the odds, or lose, despite favorable conditions, is not their responsibility. They are not fielded on the pitch and they arent Olympian Gods to affect our limited players performance, they cannot interfere, personally, in a single match, they can only provide the right tools, twice per season. This is their duty.

I will not congratulate our managers just yet, the seasons isnt over yet and they have no the chance to fix some issues we have, or ignore them once again. WE are two-(three Zebina) men down at the defense.
Andrade was released and and Knezevic was proved as reliable, as we expected!!
I will not congratulate CR either, as he was denied to play his favorite formation, with 2 DMs, only by our injuries!

But i will congratulate them, if we rank up at the current position we are holding now, this was our main goal, the goal they have announced, to do better than last season. If we keep this position by the end of the championship, i will congratulate them!! Some lucky.unlucky results and a temporal form, good or bad, will not affect my judgement!!
I will also congratulate CR, if he keeps using Marchisio/Tiago, we the need for a CM is greater than the need for a second DM, but only when Zanetti and Poulsen will be available again!

For now, i will congratulate our players, for their heroic efforts and determination,
they proved to be a team, they fought for the greater good and we managed to get past our crisis, without a proper leader/coach on our helm.
Their work was much harder than expected, but our lads did well!
And i congratulate their performance in the past few months.
Well done to Amauri, for adapting and slowly but surely finding his way within our team, it was hard at the beginning, but he took advantage of Treze's injury, Giovinco's youth and Iaquinta's loss of form, to step up and become a valuable starter for this first part of the season. Scoring some important goals,
we bought him exactly for that, a player ready to deliver now and help us right away. And he responded to our needs, the rest is not his responsibility!

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
But i will congratulate them, if we rank up at the current position we are holding now, this was our main goal, the goal they have announced, to do better than last season. If we keep this position by the end of the championship, i will congratulate them!! Some lucky.unlucky results and a temporal form, good or bad, will not affect my judgement!!
You know i won't forget this, Doc. :D
Last season you said that our good result at the end, the third place, was solely on Milan's awful form. I hope you won't say the same thing this year if we end up in front of Milan and Roma.

And one interesting info...
Our team leaked less goals than any other serie A team this year.
Juve conceded 13 goals in serie A (17 matches), 4 goals in CL (8 matches), or in total 17 goals on 25 matches..

Inter conceded 11 in serie A (17 matches) + 7 in CL(6 matches) + 2 in Super Coppa (1 match) or in total 20 goals on 24 matches.

Milan conceded 18 in serie A (17 matches) + 6 in uefa (6 matches) = 24 goals on 23 matches.

The defense can be upgraded for sure but it's not doing half as bad as some think, even though one shouldn't deny Sissoko's influence in the above stats.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Cronios, please stop. Do you even read what you're saying?

If we were paying the money we paid on Poulsen and 5 mil from the Amauri deal, we would have gotten Alonso instead and an extra bonus of a 15mil reliable, CB, rather than Knezevic.
Yes, and we would've been playing Iaquinta and Del Piero upfront. The FACT is, Amauri has proved to be a great signing, whether you like it or not. And we couldn't get Alonso, because the deal depended on Pool's purchase of Barry. So it's not as easy as you make it.

For 15-25mil, you may choose any CB you consider decent!!!
We had a full summer to find one, but we were never really interest, because Amauri absorved most of our funds !
Amauri absorved most of our funds? :howler: What are we, Siena to have a freakin 17 mil euros for our transfer budget?

And what's your problem with our defence? Sure, talent-wise they may be mediocre, but as a unit we have the second best defence in Italy, and they've been playing together just for two years, whereas Inter have the same defence for 4 or 5 years now.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
The defense can be upgraded for sure but it's not doing half as bad as some think, even though one shouldn't deny Sissoko's influence in the above stats.
Every top team in Italy relies a lot on their defensive midfielders. Inter play with two defensive midfielders (Cambiasso, Muntari) and Zanetti (who is not known for his offensive abilities btw) almost all the time. We've seen Milan without Gattuso and they're not the same without him. So it's natural that Sissoko has helped our defence a lot.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Every top team in Italy relies a lot on their defensive midfielders. Inter play with two defensive midfielders (Cambiasso, Muntari) and Zanetti (who is not known for his offensive abilities btw) almost all the time. We've seen Milan without Gattuso and they're not the same without him. So it's natural that Sissoko has helped our defence a lot.
Yeah :agree:

And since i started with stats, i'll give you some more that go in favor of our defense.

Julio Cesar made 58 saves while Inter conceded 11 goals. It means that Inter allowed 69 shots on their goal.

Manninger made 29 saves, Buffon made 8 saves and Juve conceded 13 goals. It means that Juve allowed 50 shots on their goal (19 shots less than on Inter's goal).

While this may not prove much because most of the shots may have been from long distance and easy to save for JC, it's still hard to ignore it.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Not to mention that we almost sacrificed Giovinco, DC and Marchisio to get him:gsol:
and we also sacrificed the majority of our summer transfer budget.
The very limited funds we had, funds that could have bought us a new quality CB and LB.
We have sacrificed a solid roof defense to fine the forward line, we sacrificed a better player/more reliable than Poulsen and Knezevic, to get Amauri,
we completely marginalized Giovinco's role in our team,
to get him.
We sacrificed an opportunity to sign a creative midfielder, investing only to Amauri creative skills!

The least Amauri ought to deliver, was the goals he delivered so far.

Trezequet's unfortunate injury only made Amauri's acquisition even more important/valuable.
If Trezequet was around to score those goals Amauri have scored, the absence of the other things we have sacrificed would already be more obvious. (meaning our team being overpowered upfront and crippled at the back)

We must not forget that this transfer, also canceled the effects of Iaquinta's acquisition. And doomed his form/hopes.

It is still too early to value Amauri's transfer, as the wise strategic choice in the long run.
Due to Treze's injury it was proved to be a great tactical choice though, for the present being...

So you must check your sarcasm for one more season, because it might bite you back. This very moment is the least appropriate, to draw any conclusions!
We have limited resources and we cant abuse them, we are building a new team, which is stacked up at places and hollow at some other places!

To bring an example:
if we sacrifice our next years transfer budget and our plans to start building a stadium this year. And bring Drogba this winter, would this be a wise strategical choice??
If Drogba manages to score 15 goals by the end of the season, but we end up 3-4th due to the goals conceded,
would he be the wise choice, only because he scored those goals?
What about the collateral sacrifices/damages??
If we were forced to retire DP and Treze sooner than expected and offload Iaquinta and Giovinco for peanuts, buying only caricatures, like Knezevic for this and the next season, would this be, the right choice?
First of all you say that we almost sacrificed Giovinco, Marchisio and De Ceglie to get Amauri. How do you know? It was only media talk and the demands of Zamparini. If our management thought our youth was expendable, then why did we only send them the useless Nocerino?

And second, acquiring Amauri marginalises Iaquinta's and Giovinco's role in the team according to you. If so, getting a creative midfielder would marginalise Zanetti, Tiago, Marchisio and Ekdal's role in the team. But that wouldn't matter, since having a creative midfielder (like Alonso) would radically improve our team. Then how is preferring Amauri over Iaquinta and Giovinco (who doesn't compete for the same spot) any different?

Amauri > Iaquinta
Alonso > Poulsen

Similar cost, similar improvement.

Then you go on to claim that we sacrificed our defence at the expense of getting another striker. We didn't. Legrottaglie - Chiellini has been one of the best CB pairings in Europe this season. Mellberg (free) has been reliable when called upon, while Knezevic (loan) was never meant to be anything more than 4th choice.

Who did we have as third and fourth choice with Capello?

An over the hill Montero and later on Kovac and Gladstone. Mellberg has so far had more impact than Kovac ever had. I don't recall Gladstone ever getting a single minute, and I'm quite certain that Knezevic is the better player.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Actually, Knezevic was meant to be a 5th choice CB because we thought Andrade will be ok.
Yeah, he was brought in as a security measure in case Andrade wouldn't be fit. Most teams don't really need a 5th choice. If we did, we could always slot in Poulsen or Grygera instead.

Point is that people using the whole Knezevic loan deal as an excuse for criticizing the board need to rethink.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Dear Dule, long time no see!!:xmas:

CR planned all along to use a 4-4-2 with only 2 forwards and 2 DMs and possibly a CM. This is crystal clear by now. Thats his responsibility, not Secco's, either our players, BUT it does affects EVERYONE!!!
Having this on mind just think plainly:

On our forward line, we have the on form DP for a creative striker and one of the best finishers in the world Treze. We need a back up striker and the workhorse Iaquinta is already available! Alternatively we can have youngsters like, Giovinco, Palla and Lanza. This forward line is balanced enough, we have both quality and experienced, a few squad players and some promise for the future!!
Where can you see a black whole here??
Signing an extra top quality forward,like Amauri is always helpful, even if you already have Drogba, Ibra, and Etoo, because, any of them can get injured at any given time!! So a player like Amauri would find his way to become useful. But is this a priority when your starting material in the back, is as good as a mid table team???

Molinaro has improved, but he is still barely Juve material and he surely has no future with us. I ve stated enough, on his regard...
Mellberg and Legro are fine subs, but they are only squad players. This is the maximum they can offer, they are too old to improve, they will never become top class! Chiellini is the only promising player we have, but the rest of the defense is pulling him back... We need a quality starter to support him, a few years ago...
This is our number one priority, our greatest weakness and we only wasting time, it is inevitable, that we will buy a quality player over there, some time in the future! 3-4 unreliable subs are just not good enough, to help us against the highest competition!!
Grygera is a fine sub too, but we also need a better starter there. Zebina held some potential, but it was painfully obvious that he will never meet that, due to his injuries, he is barely ever available to help us. What happens if Grygera gets injured?? Salih and Mellberg, cannot replace him for more than a couple of matches!! We keep postpone those problems with quick fixes, only to fine tune our stacked up forward line! Just wait and see our managers to buy a new expensive forward next year!!!

We must look forward, our defense has no future, it has no past and it barely has a present. At almost every single match, they prove that, they are less capable, of the rest of our squad, i wonder what has to happen to ever consider them a priority...

Defenders, have always been the most underrated batch...

Alen, dont you agree that we have seen the worst Milan of the decade
and since they were not affected by the calciopoli scandal as we did
and they always have the finantial and political leverage to raise up, faster than we did, it was only natural for this to happen, wasnt it?
Since they didnt have to sell of their champions they already a solid advantage ahead of us. Not to mention the increased, prestige, income and teamwork (the players have been playing among each other for almost a decade)
Who could foretell with certainty, that they will suck that much???
The situation was beyond our reach anyway and we could only hope that they will suck and our determination, forged in our descent in the nightmare, will be proved enough to overcome them!!

They will react, it is only a matter of time, history taught us that...

Arif, just think though our transfer market, check the dates and the sums we spent and you will reach into my conclusion,
furthermore, i predicted that we will not be able to sign any better upgrades in midfield and defense, after spending that sum and players on Amauri and this is exactly what happened!!
In case you missed that, our owners are not willing to invest more than they did,
we are not Siena, but are funds are limited!! And we must spend as much efficient as we can! We have not a balanced team, there is a clear black whole, in the quality of our rear guard, i cant see how you miss that!!

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Yeah, he was brought in as a security measure in case Andrade wouldn't be fit. Most teams don't really need a 5th choice. If we did, we could always slot in Poulsen or Grygera instead.

Point is that people using the whole Knezevic loan deal as an excuse for criticizing the board need to rethink.
Da!

Two false statements are used way too often here:
1. We didn't buy a great defender because Amauri sucked our transfer budget.
2. We bought Knezevic to strenghten our defense.

Wrong on both accounts. We didn't buy a great defender simply because Ranieri and the board thought that Legrottaglie is good enough to be our starting CB. So, if someone uses the logic that we didn't need Amauri because Trez and Del Piero were good enough to be our starting forwards, then the same can be applied for the defensive department.
We bought Knezevic just as a security measure, in case the 4th defender is injured. He has nothing to do with not buying a great CB.
It was all about Legrottaglie.
Now, it's another thing if you think that Legro isn't good enough, but the board thought he is good enough and they thought that in order to do good in serie A and CL we need another top class striker more than we need another top class defender.
So far time is proving them right.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
First of all you say that we almost sacrificed Giovinco, Marchisio and De Ceglie to get Amauri. How do you know? It was only media talk and the demands of Zamparini. If our management thought our youth was expendable, then why did we only send them the useless Nocerino?

And second, acquiring Amauri marginalises Iaquinta's and Giovinco's role in the team according to you. If so, getting a creative midfielder would marginalise Zanetti, Tiago, Marchisio and Ekdal's role in the team. But that wouldn't matter, since having a creative midfielder (like Alonso) would radically improve our team. Then how is preferring Amauri over Iaquinta and Giovinco (who doesn't compete for the same spot) any different?

Amauri > Iaquinta
Alonso > Poulsen

Similar cost, similar improvement.

Then you go on to claim that we sacrificed our defence at the expense of getting another striker. We didn't. Legrottaglie - Chiellini has been one of the best CB pairings in Europe this season. Mellberg (free) has been reliable when called upon, while Knezevic (loan) was never meant to be anything more than 4th choice.

Who did we have as third and fourth choice with Capello?

An over the hill Montero and later on Kovac and Gladstone. Mellberg has so far had more impact than Kovac ever had. I don't recall Gladstone ever getting a single minute, and I'm quite certain that Knezevic is the better player.
It was not the media talk, Zamparini himself asked for them and our managers really considered this offer, it was only by the fans and Cr's intervention that they changed their opinion.

Giovinco is our future, zanetti isnt, see the difference there???
Good morning!!
Iaquinta was a rushed acquisition, we should fic our defense first and then invest on a quality player like Amauri, or invest 5-7 mil and get Amauri or someone like him in the first place!

You are also missing another point, yes Amauri is an upgrade to Iaquinta, he is a top player, that makes him a luxuri sub though, since we already had 2 top players upfront. In the midfield though, we hadnt!!
In the defense, we barely had some decent players to field as starters.
I ask again why do we have to fine tune our forward line and ensure the we get two quality forward backups, when we dont have not even 1 quality CB to field besides Cheillini??
The scheme looks this way; (quality wise)

DP+Treze > Chiellini+Legro
Iaq+Amauri+Giovinco >>> >>>> >>>> >>> Mellberg+Knezevic+Injured player

WHEN are we going to balance our team???
Our forward line was already better than our defense and we keep increasing this gap of quality!

Instead of Iaq or Amauri, we should have bought one quality defender!!
And only one between Iaq or Amauri, that would be wise/logic/balanced!
And a free forward, at Mellberg's quality as a back up, or a youngster!

So that we should ensure that at least, at optimal condition, we could field a top quality squad, in every line and a decent sub, like Amauri or Iaq and Legro or Mellberg as a sub! among with some promising youngsters for added depth as squad players!

With Capello, we really had two of the best defenders in the whole freakin world as starters!! Not Legro and Mellberg,
i would certainly sacrifice at any moment, any of the two (Legro or Mellberg) for a top quality, reliable CB, like Thuram or Canna!
We had top quality and extremely reliable player, that rarely ever get to make any mistakes or be missed by injuries!
This is why we had the best defense in the world, because of the added quality in our starter places!!
Now we have a bunch of...unreliable solutions..

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Da!

Two false statements are used way too often here:
1. We didn't buy a great defender because Amauri sucked our transfer budget.
2. We bought Knezevic to strenghten our defense.

Wrong on both accounts. We didn't buy a great defender simply because Ranieri and the board thought that Legrottaglie is good enough to be our starting CB. So, if someone uses the logic that we didn't need Amauri because Trez and Del Piero were good enough to be our starting forwards, then the same can be applied for the defensive department.
We bought Knezevic just as a security measure, in case the 4th defender is injured. He has nothing to do with not buying a great CB.
It was all about Legrottaglie.
Now, it's another thing if you think that Legro isn't good enough, but the board thought he is good enough and they thought that in order to do good in serie A and CL we need another top class striker more than we need another top class defender.
So far time is proving them right.
Alen you are very well aware that are owners are not willing to invest the necessary funds we need to recreate our old strenght completely
and you are also aware of the fact that CR is their pawn.
He is a yes man, that embraces our owners choices as his, to cover them "politically". He is def not the man taking decisions here.
You should have known better by know...
The smiling CR has always been like that
and that was the very reason we got him and gotten rid of DD
(that and his reduced salaries:claire: )

Our board, you, me and every other sane football fan knows that Legro cannot challenge top team, like Inter for the title!!
They cant/dont want to invest any more though and we have to be pleased with the available funds we have.
Point is, where are we going to spend that sum???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)