Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (157 Viewers)

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
If its true and we did reject a 50M euro bid for Amauri then we are idiots
50M euro is probably enough to bring Aguero and Amauri is good but also overated
IMO Iaquinta is better than Amauri
You're dumb.

Amauri needs the sauce injection first, but apparently that's not enough. Reports emanating from Italy are claiming some Azzurri fans demand Amauri to be sprinkled with Mozzarella before playing.

Trying to confirm that... hold on a second... yes that is right, it's confirmed.
:lol: :lol2:

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Even if this rumour was true and we did reject 50m for Amauri, i'll still be glad we did it.

First i want to say that Amauri is the most complete striker in the world. He's not a great poacher as Trez or RVN, he isn't a great support striker as Del Piero, but he is very good in everything and no other attacker is so complete.
Amauri is a good goalscorer, he has very good positioning, he can play everywhere in attack, his airial power is unmatched in the world, he has amazing technique, he has a magnet on his chests and he picks up all the long balls, he can create chances for himself and for the others. He's pure gold.

As for the 50m offer...
First of all, in January we'd have lost Amauri if we accepted the offer. Trez is expected to be back in February (he said so in today's interview with him). David will probably need time, at least a month, to be back in form, and it will probably be way too late for us.

Then, are you guys sure that we'd have invested the money smartly ? You keep attacking Secco for being an awful transfer guru and now you say that with the money we could buy Fabregas. Are you sure that Arsenal will sell? Are you sure that Real won't offer 60m ? Chelsea won't offer 80m?
Even in the summer i'm not sure we can buy such a world star, how can i be sure that we'd have bought a great player in January ? Plus, this world class player, whatever his name is, will be cup-tied in January.

Amauri was a great transfer. We are so lucky to have him. I hope our board wo't be foolish to sell him now or during the summer.
all true alen, he is a fantastic player but that sort of profit is very tempting, i mean with that money we could scoop Benzema and Diego:money: Iaquinta has been superb and could easily fill in and do the leg-work while Delpie grabs the headlines, this strikeforce was excellent last year and with addition of a Benzema or Huntellaar would then have the advantage of youth.

while i would loathe to see Amauri go i feel that the massive profit and the possibilities are too tempting to turn down

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
all true alen, he is a fantastic player but that sort of profit is very tempting, i mean with that money we could scoop Benzema and Diego:money: Iaquinta has been superb and could easily fill in and do the leg-work while Delpie grabs the headlines, this strikeforce was excellent last year and with addition of a Benzema or Huntellaar would then have the advantage of youth.

while i would loathe to see Amauri go i feel that the massive profit and the possibilities are too tempting to turn down
Totally agree on this one,although i wouldnt really take huntelaar over Benzema.The possilbility of Juventus selling Amauri for that specified amount for Benzema would make me forget about him all too quickly tbh.

Mar 30, 2006

i totally agree.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
I disagree. Since Juve launched Amauri on the European stage, I think Amauri can be more Juventini than what Benzema, Huntelaar or Diego can ever be. I doubt they will be coming though, since either they are in some indecision or prefer other teams. And about profit, I think Juve are better off with the respect that Amauri is helping us get back. Forza Amauri.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
what the hell are you talking about? I was referring to this:

I disagree. Since Juve launched Amauri on the European stage, I think Amauri can be more Juventini than what Benzema, Huntelaar or Diego can ever be. I doubt they will be coming though, since either they are in some indecision or prefer other teams. And about profit, I think Juve are better off with the respect that Amauri is helping us get back. Forza Amauri.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
well Amauri is unique in that sense 'cos he has never been picked for his NT...you can't say that Benzema or whoever will be less Juventini than him just because they play regularly in their NT

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007

That was my main point. We could do that but are we going to do that? Can our directors do that?
Whatever we offer for Benzema and Diego, there will be another big team capable and ready to match our offer, or offer even more. When the talk about the wages is going to start, we can easily lose just like we did with Flamini.
I don't want us to splash the 50m on Tiago, Almiron, Iaquinta, Andrade and Criscito, like we did in 2007. That way we'll lose another great player (Italians call these players campioni) and we'll add even more average players to the squad.

It all comes down to the capability of our directors to conduct business. And imo, it's a big question mark.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
In that regard I get it, and its a big no no in mid season. But with all due respect to Amauri, getting a record breaking amount for him would be easily accepted by most if not all fans IMO. And despite the incompetence of this board, with this much money at hand, they would sure go after a bonafide player, and get one or the other. They dont really need to fill out the squad with quantity anymore.

Nothing are gurantees, but getting that much for Amauri who isnt irreplaceable would be too good to be true. Thats the crux of it all, its not realistic at all.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Iaquinta is nowhere near Amauri. Amauri is light years ahead of him.
come now sure Amauri is a better player than Iaquinta but light years?:rolleyes:
personally i think that Iaquinta is a vastly underrated player who arrived with no fan-fare yet showed his ability and industry last season. yet it seems it is all forgotten all too quickly

Totally agree on this one,although i wouldnt really take huntelaar over Benzema.The possilbility of Juventus selling Amauri for that specified amount for Benzema would make me forget about him all too quickly tbh.
oh for sure i think benzema would fit into our formation much easier and his strength would be a huge asset in this league. whereas with huntellar he is more a long-term Trezie replacement

I was merely saying that people will indentify him a Juventini as his first identity whereas say Benzema will be a French player first, Juvetnini or whatever second. :p
sorry i can't make out what you are saying, all i hear is "i am a moron" you cannot judge a player before he is even considered. being a Juventino is not about nationality,do you look at Platini as a Frenchie first,Juventino second? Nedved,Montero,Trezie..........all Juventini,none Italian.

go stick your finger in a socket

That was my main point. We could do that but are we going to do that? Can our directors do that?
Whatever we offer for Benzema and Diego, there will be another big team capable and ready to match our offer, or offer even more. When the talk about the wages is going to start, we can easily lose just like we did with Flamini.
I don't want us to splash the 50m on Tiago, Almiron, Iaquinta, Andrade and Criscito, like we did in 2007. That way we'll lose another great player (Italians call these players campioni) and we'll add even more average players to the squad.

It all comes down to the capability of our directors to conduct business. And imo, it's a big question mark.
if they were considering the offer then surely they would sound out the players,teams,agents and have some sort of offer worked out so that they can act swiftly and stop anyone.oh.bugger

it's our board:faq2:

In that regard I get it, and its a big no no in mid season. But with all due respect to Amauri, getting a record breaking amount for him would be easily accepted by most if not all fans IMO. And despite the incompetence of this board, with this much money at hand, they would sure go after a bonafide player, and get one or the other. They dont really need to fill out the squad with quantity anymore.

Nothing are gurantees, but getting that much for Amauri who isnt irreplaceable would be too good to be true. Thats the crux of it all, its not realistic at all.
100% agree on this

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
come now sure Amauri is a better player than Iaquinta but light years?:rolleyes:
personally i think that Iaquinta is a vastly underrated player who arrived with no fan-fare yet showed his ability and industry last season. yet it seems it is all forgotten all too quickly

being a Juventino is not about nationality,do you look at Platini as a Frenchie first,Juventino second? Nedved,Montero,Trezie..........all Juventini,none Italian.
:tup:

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
What does Iaquinta have that Amauri doesn't?? Amauri is better at every single aspect of the game, far more talented and complete striker. I love Iaquinta and I think he's a great option for our attack but you would see he is not nearly as good as Amauri when he would be starting all our matches. If I was selling someone, I would rather cash in on Iaquinta, despite that he is worth less on the market than Amauri.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 157)