Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (82 Viewers)

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Amauri enjoys debut derby
Saturday 25 October, 2008

Amauri's fifth goal in eight Serie A games proved crucial and he is confident the Juventus crisis is over.

“It has been an incredible week,” said the striker, who netted winners against Real Madrid and Torino.

“The one in the Champions League was the most important of my career so far, while this means I'll have a fantastic memory of my debut derby.

“The important thing tonight is that Juve got back to winning ways and emerged from this difficult moment we were going through.”

Gianluigi Buffon noted the Real Madrid triumph was “chicken soup” rather than a cure for the team.

“I don't want to say we are cured, because we cannot afford to ever lose concentration. We are Juve, everyone is waiting for us to slip up,” replied Amauri.

The Bianconeri picked up more injuries this evening, as Zdenek Grygera and Hasan Salihamidzic suffered muscular problems, while Amauri was wearing strapping on his thigh.

“Thank God, I am fine. We have been getting a lot of injuries lately, but luckily I am alright and others are starting to make their way back.”

channel4

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Brazil Coach Carlos Dunga has told Amauri he won’t be bullied into calling the Italy target for Selecao duty.

The Brazilian-born Juventus striker has made it clear on numerous occasions he will accept a call from the Azzurri if his native country does not pick him for international status first.

“I am following his progress and he is doing well for Juventus, becoming a real focal point,” Dunga told the Corriere dello Sport newspaper.

“But that does not mean I will call him up soon. I have my own squad and will carry on with that unit. I am a consistent person.”

Italy boss Marcello Lippi cannot call Amauri until the Italian passport comes through, but the process is almost complete.

“The choice is up to the lad and we are not going to intervene by forcing him to play for Brazil. The Selecao has great champions and I cannot compromise myself by making promises I cannot keep.

“Let us just say the old system of agents spreading rumours to ‘force the hand’ of another party did not go down well with me,” snapped Dunga.

“I make my choices. Whoever wants to wear the Brazil shirt must wait and see what happens.

“I will not deny Amauri is a great striker, but Adriano is back to a good level again and Luis Fabiano is doing brilliantly.

“I don’t want to wipe out the work I have done in the last few months. A team is built with consistency and respecting equilibrium.

“Now I have faith in Adriano and Luis Fabiano. If Amauri wants to play for Brazil, he must continue doing well and wait for his moment. Otherwise…”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh man, what wouldn't I pay to see Amauri scoring a winning goal for Azzurri that would knock out Brazil in WC2010 play-offs :lick:

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Blog: Amauri apology

Juventus fans moaned when Amauri was their big summer signing, but Susy Campanale is glad he silenced his critics

When Juventus first began intensive negotiations to sign Amauri from Palermo, there were protests throughout the land, as supporters wanted a big new name to be brought in from overseas, someone who would fit right in to the Champions League and light up Serie A. The Brazilian was “a joke,” they said, a one-season wonder who was not fit to pull on the Bianconeri jersey.

Scoring 34 goals in three seasons for the likes of Chievo and Palermo – regardless of a devastating injury that kept him out for seven months – is small fry, something anyone can do, blasted the critics. Where are they now?

Amauri’s five goals in eight games have earned Juventus wins over Udinese, Cagliari, Torino and a draw with Catania. The only time this season, including the Champions League, he has scored and not directly contributed to picking up points was in the 2-1 loss at Napoli.

If Juve have avoided sliding into the abyss so far this season, it is thanks to Amauri. Instead of waiting for an outsider to settle into the Serie A pace while David Trezeguet and Vincenzo Iaquinta recovered from injury, they could count on a player who knows this League and how to break down tough opponents in games with relatively few scoring opportunities. He is remarkably clinical, has strength, skill and is good in the air.

Granted, Amauri burst on to the calcio scene very late in his career. Already 28 years old, he never went above four goals per season before suddenly lighting up Chievo in 2005-06 with 11 in 37 games. His first campaign in Sicily started very well until a serious injury, but he recovered to net 15 in the following term.

Was that enough to warrant a 15.3m Euro transfer fee to Turin? It was enough for Luca Toni to move from Palermo to Fiorentina for 10m Euros. There was similar criticism of his worth at the time, as he was already 28 years old and had a dismal scoring record until he suddenly lit up Palermo. Sound familiar?

Toni had been offered to Milan and reportedly Juventus, who turned him down because he wasn’t glamorous enough or suitably tested on the big stage. That didn’t stop Toni going on to win the Golden Boot that year. Amauri may not be an investment for the future, but he's pretty useful right now.

Dunga: Amauri can't bully me Sunday 26 October, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brazil Coach Carlos Dunga has told Amauri he won’t be bullied into calling the Italy target for Selecao duty.

The Brazilian-born Juventus striker has made it clear on numerous occasions he will accept a call from the Azzurri if his native country does not pick him for international status first.

“I am following his progress and he is doing well for Juventus, becoming a real focal point,” Dunga told the Corriere dello Sport newspaper.

“But that does not mean I will call him up soon. I have my own squad and will carry on with that unit. I am a consistent person.”

Italy boss Marcello Lippi cannot call Amauri until the Italian passport comes through, but the process is almost complete.

“The choice is up to the lad and we are not going to intervene by forcing him to play for Brazil. The Selecao has great champions and I cannot compromise myself by making promises I cannot keep.

“Let us just say the old system of agents spreading rumours to 'force the hand’ of another party did not go down well with me,” snapped Dunga.

“I make my choices. Whoever wants to wear the Brazil shirt must wait and see what happens.

“I will not deny Amauri is a great striker, but Adriano is back to a good level again and Luis Fabiano is doing brilliantly.

“I don’t want to wipe out the work I have done in the last few months. A team is built with consistency and respecting equilibrium.

“Now I have faith in Adriano and Luis Fabiano. If Amauri wants to play for Brazil, he must continue doing well and wait for his moment. Otherwise…”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 82)