Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (12 Viewers)

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Lippi sets Amauri ultimatum
Sunday 20 July, 2008

Marcello Lippi has warned Amauri to decide between Italy and Brazil. “We cannot be second choice for anyone.”

The Brazilian striker is applying for Italian citizenship and was asked to be part of the Azzurri by former boss Roberto Donadoni.

Amauri took his time and has still said he will not decide which country to play for until well into the new season, as he waits to see whether he’ll receive a call from the Selecao.

“I don’t like a player who skips between national sides for a month. When he finally does make a decision, it would inevitably seem like a second choice and Italy cannot be second choice for anyone,” the Coach told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I want to see a firm decision and ask nothing else. If he does become legally Italian and chooses us, I certainly wouldn’t be disappointed.”

Lippi is looking to the future of the Nazionale, but also to the recent past, as Francesco Totti and Alessandro Nesta potentially reconsider their decision to retire.

“I advise anyone never to give a definitive farewell to international football, as they might end up reconsidering like Zinedine Zidane and Claude Makelele.

“I’ll be paying close attention to the Olympic Games, as there are four or five players I’m keeping an eye on.”

Although he did not name them, the Gazzetta dello Sport suggests some of those ready to make the leap up from Under-21 level are Giuseppe Rossi, Riccardo Montolivo, Antonio Nocerino, Sebastian Giovinco, Robert Acquafresca and goalkeeper Emiliano Viviano.

If there is one man guaranteed his spot with the Azzurri – and most likely the captain’s armband after wearing it intermittently at Euro 2008 – it’s Gianluigi Buffon.

“Gigi was the best confirmation we had during that tournament. He is Number One both on the pitch and in his statements.”

Buffon caused controversy with Donadoni when he publicly apologised on behalf of the team for their 3-0 defeat to Holland.

Source: http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/

cunninlynguists

Amsterdam Ambassador
May 7, 2006
One thing is certain, under Lippi Buffon won't apologise to anyone because I can't see Italy losing 3-0 again.
But Lippi is right, Amauri is sitting on two chairs with his ass. Make the decision already

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
And how do you know they work well together? Just because they worked well together against an amateur C2 side such as Mezzocorona?
why not take the early signs and go with it...
remember that was their first time playing together and keeping that in mind i was impressed.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
If I played with Iaquinta or Amauri against a Serie C2 side I would've impressed too.
so you would rather try an untested partnership? (i know trez n DP are one of the most tested partnerships in football) perhaps molinaro and amauri? trial and error do u think???

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
why not take the early signs and go with it...
remember that was their first time playing together and keeping that in mind i was impressed.
so you would rather try an untested partnership? (i know trez n DP are one of the most tested partnerships in football) perhaps molinaro and amauri? trial and error do u think???
ok, then what the hell do you want?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Juventus’ new striker Amauri has issued a challenge to the Old Lady’s Scudetto rivals and insists the Bianconeri will lift a trophy this season.

The Brazilian-born marksman was Juve’s big summer signing after proving his devastating ability at Palermo over the last two years.

Despite criticism of Juve’s market activity from some sections of their support, Amauri is convinced that the new squad is strong enough to compete with the best.

“I’m not scared of Ronaldinho,” Amauri commented in the Corriere dello Sport.

(He'd better be because it wasn't Secco who brought Ronaldinho to Milan)

“Milan are strong and lots of people say that they are better than us, but I’m convinced that is not the case. We will take on Ronaldinho, as well as Inter and Roma.

(It seems that he doesn't know that Inter, Roma and Milan don't have Secco.)

“This Juventus side isn’t lacking anything, we just need to work to improve and iron out some kinks in the mechanism. We are slowly on our way to the top.”

(What a fool he is, he thinks we are on our way to the top where in fact we are doomed and on our way to relegation thanks to SUCKO, BLANK and RUINeri)

On a personal level, this is the biggest opportunity of Amauri’s career and his first chance to lift silverware.

“I have never won anything in my life and I wanted to join Juventus because I was convinced that playing for team like this I would finally win something.

(A silly silly man this Amauri is, how can you win anything by joining a side run by amateurs?)

“I don’t want to get ahead of myself but I want to tell the fans that I believe we will win things this year. But I’m not sure whether it will be the Scudetto or the Champions League.”

(He's talking too fast as well, the Scudetto? where Palermo, Napoli, Sampdoria, Lazio, Genoa and Catania are better than us?.....The Champions League? let's first qualify there!!! we'll definitely crash out with players like him and Poulsen....FUCK SUCKO)

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
you will be able to see him on german television (DSF) tomorrow...

i'm looking forward to this game ... the broadcast starts at 18h i heard

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)