Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (8 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Neither of Iaquinta and Amauri are injury prone. That term is used too much just because a player gets injured. Injury is if you suffer from constant injuries, like Marchionni. Not when you get one injury or such (Del Piero had one huge injury in his career, but been healthy since, is he injury prone?).

Amauri had one big injury with Palermo in first season, otherwise hasnt suffered from injuries in his career. Iaquinta, hasnt had much of injuries at all, him having a few weeks injury with us is not injury prone. But a player getting injured, it happens.

You can say Trez is slighly injury prone, because the injuries he has suffered from occasionally (though not consistently) generally tends to be the same type of injury. Has dislocated his shoulder couple of times, etc.

Every player gets injured, others more unlucky then others in the severity of it, doesnt mean they are injury prone. Ruud had to sign for Man U one year later because he got a big injury before signing, off for a full season. But he hasnt got injuries except that one much, is he injury prone?

Buy on AliExpress.com

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Amauri is strong as a bull, u can play him alone upfront and he gives the defenders a nightmare with his physical presence. As far as i remember he isnt injury prone, and sometime major injury happens it is just pure unlucky. U cant decide to get injured or what.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
I never know there are so many ppl commenting about me saying Trez is injury prone.

Anyway it is interesting to see how Amauri will fare in Juventus, I'm sure he will suit our team. Wish him the best him luck in his Juventus adventure

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Neither of Iaquinta and Amauri are injury prone. That term is used too much just because a player gets injured. Injury is if you suffer from constant injuries, like Marchionni. Not when you get one injury or such (Del Piero had one huge injury in his career, but been healthy since, is he injury prone?).

Amauri had one big injury with Palermo in first season, otherwise hasnt suffered from injuries in his career. Iaquinta, hasnt had much of injuries at all, him having a few weeks injury with us is not injury prone. But a player getting injured, it happens.
I disagree here. Iaquinta was was benched a lot and he was still getting injured often. And he didn't even play that much, and this was without the pressure of the CL. If that is not injury prone, then I don't know what is. Yeah sure they weren't bad "miss 3 months after 1 game" injury a la Marchionni, but Iaquinta would miss 2 matches after only playing barely in one match. And this was happened quite a few times.

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
I just need one question answered if I'm to get peace of mind.....Is he better than IQ? Because it is highly probable IQ will leave because of this considering that 4 strikers - all of whom can start almost every where else in Italy are unmanageable unless one or 2 of them embrace their role as super sub.

We had Ibra Trez DP and zalayeta 3 years ago and even though Zalayeta accepted the sub role,problems still existed. Now we'll have 4 players who all wanna start with Gio in the fringes to. Its an unhealthy type of competition imo

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
there's no problem whatsoever. Trez, DP and Amauri will be our starters (probably 2 of them). Pre-season matches will show who is fittest and then we'll have our starting-forwards with one backup. The advantage is that amauri can play for both DP or Trez, or we could even adopt a 3-man-attack with Amauri - Trez and DP behind. The fact that we gave away palladino makes us keep iaquinta. He'll be our 4th choice, and he has to accept it - remember; he's free to put himself in front of the others... but our strikers are chosen by skill, not by kindness or something. And should he be better than trez or amauri, i'd have no problem in giving him a starting-spot

Giovinco does not come into discussion here. Forget that 'giovinco as a striker' thing. He is NOT a striker. He played sometimes as a 10 in empoli but i doubt this is his natural position. He had his best appearances as AML, just about the same position as neddy (maybe a little more attacking, but he'll come to it) which makes him the perfect sub for neddy (who's suspension-prone and probably not fit enough for 90 minutes more than once a week)

It's all sorted out in my opinion, and we're pretty well covered without having too many strikers at all. We have to consider that Del Piero isn't that fit anymore, and trez had his problems too, and we cannot allow ourselves to only rely on our champs. They need to be rotated out sooner or later, and the fact that we didn't have enough depth in our squad this year became clear when we had people missing out due to suspensions...

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
someone mentioned that we might be stalling the Palladino to Genoa move because we're thinking of trading Iaquinta to Napoli or Roma and keeping Palladino as the 4th choice.. That's the only reason why i think Palladino is not already a Genoa player as Genoa have been really quick to act in the transfer market and this deal seems to be uncharacteristically stalling

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Selecao send Amauri signal

As Amauri prepares to take Italian citizenship, Brazil Coach Carlos Dunga accuses him of lacking patience and conviction.

The former Palermo striker – now at Juventus – has noted many times he would ideally like to play for the Selecao, but will happily wear the Azzurri jersey if he does not receive a call-up soon.

“Where does Amauri actually want to play?” asked Dunga in the Gazzetta dello Sport.

“Usually a Brazilian dreams of one day wearing the shirt of the Selecao and will do anything for that.”

The tactician made it clear that if Amauri is waiting for a sign, he’s not going to get one.

I certainly won’t call him for the next World Cup qualifiers. There is a hierarchy in place and my strikers are Adriano, Pato, Luis Fabiano and Fred. These are people who have scored a lot of goals in their careers and have earned their position in the squad. If Amauri proves he is competitive with Juventus, then he will have his chance, perhaps in the November friendlies. If someone truly wants the Selecao, he needs the strength to wait.”

It is a conversation Amauri could well be having with new Italy boss Marcello Lippi too, as in his opening Press conference the Coach said only players who truly wanted to wear the Azzurri jersey would be given that chance.

Channel 4

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
We had Ibra Trez DP and zalayeta 3 years ago and even though Zalayeta accepted the sub role,problems still existed. Now we'll have 4 players who all wanna start with Gio in the fringes to. Its an unhealthy type of competition imo
We also had Mutu, one of the best striker in Serie A. Damn, that was a sick squad.
Anyway, having 4 quality strikers that all wanna start is not something unique for a massive club that are looking to compete for 2 or possibly 3 titles, so I don't see where is the problem here.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
in fact I would say that 4 top strikers is a minimum...if we can beef up the creative options in MF, we will have a fucking kick-ass attacking unit!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)