Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (94 Viewers)

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Self denial. He thinks he can still make it, that plus money and his settled at turin. He obviously doesnt have long term plans about his career as its not doing any good.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Good back up for Matri.
Its funny you say that, but he effectively is, I have my doubts about Toni's fitness, we dont have an out of out poacher, after matri. Now we already know what Amauri is capable of, however, maybe these wingers can put the balls to his feet rather than Amauri always coming back and chesting or attempting to header the ball badly to another player.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
At times like this I miss Moggi cuz he would have sent the mafia on this dude. Although, kudos to Amauri for trolling with Marotta.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Its funny you say that, but he effectively is, I have my doubts about Toni's fitness, we dont have an out of out poacher, after matri. Now we already know what Amauri is capable of, however, maybe these wingers can put the balls to his feet rather than Amauri always coming back and chesting or attempting to header the ball badly to another player.
Part of me wasn't joking. We needed another center forward poacher type striker for back up. Amauri fits the bill. I always knew he was better ten times better than Iaquinta and he proved that when he went to Parma. Some of his goals were excellent and he was looking much more mobile than he was here. Confidence is an extremely important variable in football that few members take into account and I believe its had a large bearing on Amauri's form the past two years along with his age.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Part of me wasn't joking. We needed another center forward poacher type striker for back up. Amauri fits the bill. I always knew he was better ten times better than Iaquinta and he proved that when he went to Parma. Some of his goals were excellent and he was looking much more mobile than he was here. Confidence is an extremely important variable in football that few members take into account and I believe its had a large bearing on Amauri's form the past two years along with his age.
It is what he did at parma that makes it still possible. Your right he will need the confidence. Worth giving a shot in a few matches, its not like we have a proper replacement for matri anyway. The difference between iaq and amauri is fitness and what amauri did at parma. Alternatively lets see how much confidence Toni has this season. As I doubt his up for a good one.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Amauri did well for Juve in 2008 and did well for Parma. So, I ain't joking and I believe Nenna ain't too.
Yeah he did well for Juventus in 2008. Since then, he's been awful. He's on a 2 year goalless streak for us. Amauri is a small club player and shouldn't be getting paid anything close to 4M a season, he should play for Parma and make a third of that.

Whereas Toni comes on the field and actually netted a couple goals this season.

Toni > Amauri, all the way for me.

Amauri should just retire.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
We cant change that 4m a season figure this season, so he should just be looked at primarily at his attributes. To be fair, we are a mid table team, we have ended up 7th twice. This is the ideal place for Amauri to shine. I dont know how good he will do if any, but after the parma spell and the fact that he aint going nowhere, its worth a try. Conte might make a small club environment here.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Yeah he did well for Juventus in 2008. Since then, he's been awful. He's on a 2 year goalless streak for us. Amauri is a small club player and shouldn't be getting paid anything close to 4M a season, he should play for Parma and make a third of that.

Whereas Toni comes on the field and actually netted a couple goals this season.

Toni > Amauri, all the way for me.

Amauri should just retire.
He's on a two year goal-less streak for us. How interrupted and poorly managed has Juventus been the past two years and how many players have flopped here? Send him to another club for half a season and he scores 9 goals. Hmm funny.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 92)