Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (14 Viewers)

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
eh stop dreaming..amauri won't be picked up. I don't want to think about del piero's chances either..a world cup without my fave player (not to mention romania's absence) will make me watch the tournament without any kind of pleasure. Good thing there is brazil though

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
I would like to see him too, but it's not going to happen, he hasn't exactly been one of the best Italian strikers lately and many players made it clear that they wouldn't want him with them in the Azzuri

but I'd hate Lippi a lot if Alex didn't go

Dec 31, 2008
eh stop dreaming..amauri won't be picked up. I don't want to think about del piero's chances either..a world cup without my fave player (not to mention romania's absence) will make me watch the tournament without any kind of pleasure. Good thing there is brazil though
It would be great if R9 played, but the chances are low :sad:

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
Italian Passport Tomorrow?
-----------------------------

http://www.football-italia.net/mar2f.html

Amauri to get passport tomorrow

Juventus striker Amauri will finally get an Italian passport tomorrow, making him eligible to play for the Azzurri.

The 29-year-old Brazilian has been trying to become an Italian citizen for nearly three years based on the fact that he has lived in the country for nearly a decade and that his wife is Italian.

However, there have been a number of hiccups, notably in proving that his wife actually has roots in Italy.

Amauri's application has been followed with feverish speculation as to whether Marcello Lippi will pick him for the Azzurri.

Having never played for Brazil at any level, there is nothing stopping Amauri from choosing to represent Italy once his passport is granted on Wednesday.

Lippi did intend to call him up some time ago. However, Amauri's form has dipped dramatically and he doesn't have a lot of time to convince the Italy boss to take him to South Africa.

In fact, after tomorrow's friendly against Cameroon in Monte Carlo, there are only two more World Cup warm up matches in which Amauri will have a chance to prove himself if called up.

Amauri is currently out injured for nearly a month and has only scored five goals in Serie A this season, four of which came in 10 days in October.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)