Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (118 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
If he's especially worthless in away games, why did he have a good match at the Bernabeu last season in tandem with Del Piero and why did he score away to Artmedia?
I don't know who played and who didn't from our strikers, but the away matches in Europe have been a big pain for us even before Calciopoli and they still are.

Look:
Artmedia-Juve 1:1 (Amauri)
BATE-Juve 2:2 (Iaquinta 2)
Real-Juve 0:2 (Del Piero 2)
Zenit-Juve 0:0
Chelsea-Juve 1:0
Bordeaux-Juve 2:0
Bayern-Juve 0:0
Maccabi-Juve 0:1 (Camoranesi)

These results might not look too bad but take the Real match aside and you'll see that we're far from a force away from home.

As for the ongoing debate, apart from Ale against Real, I don't think any of our strikers, just as well as the rest of the team, impressed much on the away matches in Europe.
Neither one of Trez and Amauri scored in the group or post-group away matches while Ale and Iaquinta scored only on 1 of the 8 away matches.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
These results might not look too bad but take the Real match aside and you'll see that we're far from a force away from home.

As for the ongoing debate, apart from Ale against Real, I don't think any of our strikers, just as well as the rest of the team, impressed much on the away matches in Europe.
Neither one of Trez and Amauri scored in the group or post-group away matches while Ale and Iaquinta scored only on 1 of the 8 away matches.
But in that Bernabeu match Amauri did what he does best, which was hold the ball and open up space for other players, like Ale. He didn't score but was still a handful for Real's defense. Nobody will give him credit for that though, especially the Amauri crybabies.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
I just realized "bianconero" was the first one who put a question mark to Amauri's true ability. He did this during Amauri's most successful streak of games and he was ridiculed. Man, do we have some apologizing to do to this guy.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I base my opinion on what I see, which happens to also be backed up by the stats.

I do find this adolesent calling others cry babies, and fanboys tiresome. It is somewhat purile.
The only thing that is tiresome is clowns spreading disinformation, including that of Amauri's performances last season. But I could bet you that some folks were too busy watching Zlatan to pay attention to Amauri.

Sep 1, 2002
Fact is, Amauri was a beast in those matches, and Real Madrid inquired about the player after the fact. That PROVES he did well more than anything else, including whatever nonsense you will reply with.
He has- according to you- monterous games against, as all agree a crap defence, which makes him a great player: now in nonsense in extreme.

No facts, nö Point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 116)