Alvaro Morata (24 Viewers)

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I hope we can reach a fair deal with ATM to get him for a reduced fee. In fact, if Allegri was searching for a "Mandzukic" figure, Morata is the man for it. Obviously, he lacks Mandzukic relentlessness but his pace makes him a very good fit to play on the wing or go inside and act as a second striker.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Very happy for him.

Hist last year here has been very rough overall, starting with his sickness which stopped his rhytm, and then this season which has been really really difficult for all the team but specially the forwards (thanks to our less than stellar midfield).

About what happened today, i see some here comparing his role today to Mandzukic. IMO we all know they are very different, the main difference is that Mandzukic had a very fierce temperament while morata is from the modern generation of moody footballers (dybala, pogs etc). As a 9, it seems that definitely he cannot be the main man. It has been proven time and time again that he cant handle the pressure.

But what morata has in favour of him,. is that he is a team player who always gives his all and this is paired with some speed, dribbles and goals. Not top tier numbers but a little of everything.

What he can add in difference to Mandz, is that MOrata has great speed and can play as a winger/9 hybrid, more oriented to attack...while Mandz was more oriented to pivot, defend and keep the lines in check, then score (talking about his false winger role) But both of them have in common that both delivered sacrifice for the team in their own ways.

We all know allegri loves this kind of performance, and if morata can continue working his ass off, to let Dusan absorb the goalscoring pressure, we can really be up o something.

If Morasta keeps it up and ATM is willing to negotiate his clause, i think we shoould consider keeping him. Not because he is a player i rate, but because i think that there will be movement happening in the forward line and we simply cant change the whole line bar vlahovic.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Very happy for him.

Hist last year here has been very rough overall, starting with his sickness which stopped his rhytm, and then this season which has been really really difficult for all the team but specially the forwards (thanks to our less than stellar midfield).

About what happened today, i see some here comparing his role today to Mandzukic. IMO we all know they are very different, the main difference is that Mandzukic had a very fierce temperament while morata is from the modern generation of moody footballers (dybala, pogs etc). As a 9, it seems that definitely he cannot be the main man. It has been proven time and time again that he cant handle the pressure.

But what morata has in favour of him,. is that he is a team player who always gives his all and this is paired with some speed, dribbles and goals. Not top tier numbers but a little of everything.

What he can add in difference to Mandz, is that MOrata has great speed and can play as a winger/9 hybrid, more oriented to attack...while Mandz was more oriented to pivot, defend and keep the lines in check, then score (talking about his false winger role) But both of them have in common that both delivered sacrifice for the team in their own ways.

We all know allegri loves this kind of performance, and if morata can continue working his ass off, to let Dusan absorb the goalscoring pressure, we can really be up o something.

If Morasta keeps it up and ATM is willing to negotiate his clause, i think we shoould consider keeping him. Not because he is a player i rate, but because i think that there will be movement happening in the forward line and we simply cant change the whole line bar vlahovic.
yeah and we probably won’t have Chiesa at the beginning of next season and with ACLs it sometimes takes two years before a player is fully back 100%. So I’m hoping Morata works out in this new role because we could use the insurance next year. And even if Chiesa returns to form Morata has shown to be very good coming off the bench, and he can also spell Vlahovic from time to time.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
yeah and we probably won’t have Chiesa at the beginning of next season and with ACLs it sometimes takes two years before a player is fully back 100%. So I’m hoping Morata works out in this new role because we could use the insurance next year. And even if Chiesa returns to form Morata has shown to be very good coming off the bench, and he can also spell Vlahovic from time to time.
If the pre agreed transfer fees was not 35 million was a sure shot buy for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)