Alvaro Morata (65 Viewers)

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
He is going through a small drop in clutchness and subsequently form there's no denying it but writing him off in any way at this stage is way too silly even for tuz' , the guy is still working his ass off and has also been rather unlucky, been lacking a clear head in certain moments more than anything, every striker goes through such patches and he is no different, i'm sure he will bounce back soon enough.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Legit question, does anyone “blame” him for his penchants for being offsides or just chalk it up to a bit of poor timing/bad luck?
I recall inzaghi and even vieri chalking up a lot of offsides...some forwards just live right on the edge...you just hope players around morata learn how he plays and get that understanding.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
I love this guy, but he is to inconsistent to be a starter.
We constantly play 3 games a week...not sure "starters" exist anymore. Squad depth and rotation is more crucial than ever. Morata is good enough as a squad member and is reliable enough to mix it up. Can he be more clinical at times?? Hell yes! But we can't afford to stick him in the stands every game...we just dont have that luxury based on the schedule.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
My god he’s been useless for a while now. Everything he touches turns to shit.
Thats just the normal Morata. Thats why i have never liked him and wasnt at all hyped when he came and had that good run of form. It was just a good form, nothing less, nothing more. Yesterday he was the completely normal Morata, couldnt do shit, missed chances, didnt pass the ball when he had to. He didnt pass it to Chiesa in one situation where Chiesa would have been one on one with the keeper.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Thats just the normal Morata. Thats why i have never liked him and wasnt at all hyped when he came and had that good run of form. It was just a good form, nothing less, nothing more. Yesterday he was the completely normal Morata, couldnt do shit, missed chances, didnt pass the ball when he had to.
Because everybody else has been so very consistent ofc... yeah, nevermind.

Are you referring about the same 'normal' Morata that scored for us in Champions League QF's / SF's and Final in his previous stint aswell as currently being our 2nd/3rd best in G+A ratio? You are also underestimating his ability to step up a gear for UCL and overall can also say that cup competitions fit him way better than a parked bus in the league, his decision making has never the best let's be honest however with all that he still been as crucial and as involved as you could possibly ask from a striker.

Atm what you should ask yourself is if this team would be better off with or without him at this point and i think that question answears itself, we need someone with his characteristics around to be not only humble or unselfish but also devastating enough to make us a much better team when in top form.

- - - Updated - - -

He's always been a hot and cold player but he actually does tend to show up when it matters most more often than not.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
He is going through a small drop in clutchness and subsequently form there's no denying it but writing him off in any way at this stage is way too silly even for tuz' , the guy is still working his ass off and has also been rather unlucky, been lacking a clear head in certain moments more than anything, every striker goes through such patches and he is no different, i'm sure he will bounce back soon enough.
It's not a lack of clutchness. He's playing badly all round. What he showed early this season that he hadn't in others was well rounded centre forward play. Gave a passing option with his back to goal, had a good touch, held the ball well, and occasionally would turn his marker. He was also making all the right runs in the all right areas. Now he's doing nothing to get involved. He's not even presenting those opportunities to receive passes. When he seldom does, his touch or his passing badly lets him down.

Still, a few bad games are forgivable. Dybala has had longer bad streaks. I still wouldn't sell him. Goes to show though how useful a traditional centre forward can be to a team. You need an anchor at the front.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I love this guy, but he is to inconsistent to be a starter.
I dont disagree. He's had an excellent season so far but I'm not sure him being the main centre forward would be the way going forward in the future especially if we end up missing out on a much better CF option in Haaland at his expense.
He's going to be an extremely reliable bench/rotation option though. That's probably his ceiling at top clubs. We need to do a Cuadrado-esque deal with Atleti if/once we redeem him.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
His performances have been poor recently in comparison to earlier in the season.

But given he is our only real recognised striker, his CL record is outstanding, our other option is a 20 yo winger and even when playing badly creates some sort of chance he should be starting.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
His performances have been poor recently in comparison to earlier in the season.

But given he is our only real recognised striker, his CL record is outstanding, our other option is a 20 yo winger and even when playing badly creates some sort of chance he should be starting.
Pirlo just said he was ill last week and still has fully recovered to his best. A bit of an explanation for the lacklustre performance on the weekend. Didn’t have his usual energy.

But even today, when his finishing is poor, we still create so much more with him on the pitch. We created nothing in the 60 before he came on, and having him as a reference point up front and making his runs and passes, opened things up for a half-dozen chances in the last 30 minutes.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Pirlo just said he was ill last week and still has fully recovered to his best. A bit of an explanation for the lacklustre performance on the weekend. Didn’t have his usual energy.

But even today, when his finishing is poor, we still create so much more with him on the pitch. We created nothing in the 60 before he came on, and having him as a reference point up front and making his runs and passes, opened things up for a half-dozen chances in the last 30 minutes.
That makes more sense.

I agree even when playing badly he creates problems for defences. But how long has he had the flu for? Since he has been in/out of the team his overall performances have been patchy for a few games now.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

It seems he even kind of fainted in the dressing room after the game. Also that he has been sick for weeks.

if thats the case he deserves some breath to recover, then we judge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 61)