Alvaro Morata (117 Viewers)

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
Morata's performance yesterday has nothing to do with being a new player in a new team. He is one of my favorite players in the last 10 years but unfortunately Morata from yesterday is Morata from the last 4 years. I have followed his career as close as possible being a fomer Juve player and he has been pretty underwhelming most of the time.
He has been struggling since his second and last season with us and never reached the heights of the first season.
My only hope is that he will resurect his career with us in an environment where most fans adore him and have mostly good memories of him in our shirt.

Mar 10, 2009
Morata's performance yesterday has nothing to do with being a new player in a new team. He is one of my favorite players in the last 10 years but unfortunately Morata from yesterday is Morata from the last 4 years. I have followed his career as close as possible being a fomer Juve player and he has been pretty underwhelming most of the time.
He has been struggling since his second and last season with us and never reached the heights of the first season.
My only hope is that he will resurect his career with us in an environment where most fans adore him and have mostly good memories of him in our shirt.

I'll concede, he had a bad game. However, he needs more time to be judged accurately.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I like Edin but he is the main reason Roma didnt win comfortably last night. He squandered several sitters. Maicons reaction several seasons ago was on my mind... in case you recall horrific miss.
He wasn't the only one. Mkhitaryan when he sent Bumucci back to kindergarten should have scored his chance too. But Dzeko's over all link up play was a million times better than anything Morata produced. We can argue about Dzeko's missed chances all day long, but morata has hardly ever been more prolific.

- - - Updated - - -

That's your hero for you.
Morata once celebrated a goal against us a sign of disrespect, next moment he's on his knees begging to come "home"

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
I doubt you followed him well, because his stints with 3 all of his clubs were very different, and you seem to chalk them off as one massive failure.
Real- a great super sub in 2016/17, He scored 20 goals and had 6 assists in 1800 minutes: a ridiculous 1.3 G/A per 90 mins. Stats wise, this was his best season, despite not playing all that much.
Chelsea- His only big failure. He played as a lone striker, which isn't his strength. His stats were not terrible, but still underwhelming. He also went missing in a lot of big games and didn't have a strong mentality.
Atletico- a very solid record. 22 goals and 6 assists from 61 games. Atletico were very poor at creating chances, so those numbers are better than they seem. He also scored a lot of clutch goals in big/tight games. Atletico would have finished nowhere near the top 4 last season if they had played Costa as a starting striker instead of Morata.

Overall, he hasn't developed as much as he would have at Juve, but to say that he's a shadow of his former self is ridiculous. The guy is barely 28, not 33 or 34 and hasn't had any major injuries.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
lmao we didnt sign suarez to sign this failed player.

suarez scored two goals and had 1 assist in his debut.

his assist, none of our strikers would pull off in their lifetime. ever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 114)