Alvaro Morata (18 Viewers)

want him back again for cheap?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
the difference here is that Zalayeta cost was lower than 3m, with Morata we are looking at 50m potential signing with 20m already spent. Not even counting wages, anyone how much does Alvaro earn?

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
6m I believe. Extending his loan was a no-brainer for me. But signing him permanently, for that fee, should be avoided like the plague. He's not a high earner in this squad by any means. There are other jabronis who earn a lot more and contribute a lot less.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
I wouldn't take him even for half the price. Rather spend it on a player that can actually develop into a great player.
me too, we wasted too much time and money on him anyway and there really is no hope.
10m loan fees x2 + 5m wages, its a cost of 20m each year, so we spend 40m on him already. Its really stupid and short sighted.
Same window Napoli bought Osimhen - 2,5m wages and 70m transfer fee (its plastic transfer fee as they traded some youngsters but still) and his yearly cost is lower than Morata - 19m.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
it's actually 16.55m per year with the tax benefit. still not cheap, but was totally worth it last season. this season is an other story.
aye, still I think our managment should plan transfer for the future too, they knew Ronaldo was leaving this or next summer and could have already look for a proper replacement. Yet they choose to cripple our budget with this high cost Morata signing.
I know we as fans supported this move mostly, but we are just fans, we are not paid milions to plan things like this.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
morata crippled our budget after a 20g10a season? what about arthur, rabiot, ramsey, berna, douglas costa, rugani with a combined cost of ~60m and arguably zero contribution?

nobody could realistically expect morata to be so ineffective this season. and also nobody was on the market who's capable of 20g10a for a similar price. extending his loan was the right call during this summer. and after this season, not buying him for 35m will probably be an other right call.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)