Alvaro Morata - ST - Real Madrid (144 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Processed food is a major problem, it's all chemical ingrediants. All those freezer meals are nothing but pure garbage. I suppose technically someone could live off the McD Dollar Menu, eating a sandwich each meal, making your bill slightly over $3 per day, but that will kill you. If you have a family of four or more you can certainly find ways to minimize costs; for instance you can make a huge pot of chicken noodle soup for under $10 and it can feed you for at least two meals. But people are lazy and don't know how to cook, so they're going to die. More survival of the fittest.

- - - Updated - - -

Grass fed, no hormone meat does have health benefits. Overconsumption, just like with anything, is obviously bad.

I'm with X in that red meat once or twice a week, chicken or fish for the rest is a solid plan of action.
You make excellent points here. When i mentionned "clean protein source" this issue is exactly what i'm pointing at.

Chicken, fish, red meat, are pure protein sources, unprocessed, nothing added apart from a few neccecary chemicals against decoloring of the red meat, and for preservation, but nothing harmfull.

Yeah, people are lazy. Hamburgers, sausages etc, its all mixed, its never pure, its allways added fat or sugar.

This is bad. Balancing a diet should be with pure protein, fat or sugar. Like meat, potatoes, rice, grain, oils, nuts, and added vegetables for natural intake of vitamins, anti oxidants etc.
But those meals take a bit of time. its easy to just grab a take away, or warm stuff in a microwave.

And the point about the chicken noodle soup is excellent, i've been in a situation like that. Strapped for cash as i want back to university 4 years ago, needing to cut a penny in half.

Sack of potatoes, rice, pasta, costs barely a few euro's at best. Kilogram of frozen chicken ? less then 6 euros. Basic vegetables ? not that expensive either. You can easely eat healthy and save so much money

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2,369
    ok you can take this talk to the what you're doing or food/good health(is there one) thread.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
    all the talks about alexis sanchez, drogba, and nani. Do you guys think morata will happen? probably not. We will just end up sticking with quag and gio.

tbh, I would love to see berardi and gabbiadini coming back

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
    who do you prefer? or maybe it will be better for berardi and gabbiadini to stay at their respective teams now to gain playing time?
    i´m fine with them staying. next season i would obviously prefer berardi, if he does well again.
    somehow i don´t think that we will ever see gabbiadini in a juve-shirt again.

Rabbit

Secure The Bag
    Jun 8, 2010
    Your said eating meat is bad. Because of the meat. yet here is only stuff about production and ecological impact ?
    Lets set it a bit straight.

Eating meat is mandatory for the optimal human. Its the only source of a complete protein profile, and holds alot of precursors. Furthermore, its a clean protein source.
    Eating meat is vastly superior for your body compared to not eating meat. There are dozens of hormonal and tissue related conditions that occur when not eating any meat. At the same time, the only known downside of eating meat is increased chance of diabetis. However, this has nothing to do with the meat itself, but to the oil or butter its baked in.

The issue with not eating meat, can be partially solved by following a strict diet and making sure you get all the neccecary nutrients and vitamins and biomolecules. However, this solves only the hormonal issues mostly.
    For tissue production, the issue remains. Give the body the precursors it needs, and it will break down most of them, and become lazy in the synthesising proces. Not eating meat for example, will shrink your creatine deposits in the muscle by 50% even when supplementing creatine.
    For this reason, someone who values strenght, will never stop eating meat, because he needs strong tissue, not peasant tissue.

I can tell you strenght althletes eat meat 2 times, per day. I do that aswel. About half a kilogram each day. Yet its barely a third of the protein intake, as we seek to get 300grams/day or more, where the meat just covers ~120 of it.

What you read, are simply false statements made by those that oppose meat, and try to find angles to prove it to easely manipulated people and mostly females.

Lets talk production then.

You measure the eco impact of food by the square miles of grainproducts it needs for feeding, and the CO2 usage to power it. I hope you also are against domestic pets ? Because feeding a dog, has a bigger enviroment then driving around in a Hummer. Just saying.
    Chicken meat is extremely efficient in that regard. Cow, Horse and Pig is less efficient. Then again, its about where this energy comes from. In france for example, +80% of electricity comes from nuclear energy, wich is co2 neutral. Plenty of possibilities exist with the combination of nuclear and green energy.

The issue you list of starving country's is bullcrap tbh. That issue comes from biodiesel. Where companies inflated the price for farmers, so local population couldnt afford their food. But that has changed now and is getting back to normal.

Meet production is very hygienic. An education in food chemistry will clarify that for you. And its extremely closely monitored.
    Its simply impossible to contain a disease trough meat in civilised country's. Its that tight.
    On the other hand, grain products actually hold a bigger chance for that.

I have nothing against vegetarians or vegans. If you want that for yourself, fine, its your decision. But dont come propaganda it or i will show you why its inferior to meat in every way.
    whoomp there it is

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 143)