Alvaro Morata - ST - Real Madrid (161 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
how about you compare them to players that have proved absolutely nothing like they did?
Like who? Tbh, I can't think of any comparable players (young unproven talents) going to big clubs for big money, then flopping hard :p
Perhaps Lamela, and people here would be mad happy if we signed him for just 10 million ;)

But without any additional examples, midlevel clubs would be very willing to take a 24 year old with plenty of talent who has flopped at one club for a discount. There's always the possibility that he'll fulfill his potential there.

Buy on AliExpress.com

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
come on man, pato robinho and the likes were "cracks" who had bad seasons after they actually proved themselves. Morata cant be compared to those guys he hasnt showed jack. i think if morata fails here the most we will get ouf him is 5-7 mil.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
come on man, pato robinho and the likes were "cracks" who had bad seasons after they actually proved themselves. Morata cant be compared to those guys he hasnt showed jack. i think if morata fails here the most we will get ouf him is 5-7 mil.
We could do the same porto did with verona in that case though , loan with option to buy set at 15 :D

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,926
    :adonis:

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
    Sep 21, 2008
    thats what i said in previous page, but then again he has to show something :p no one is going to throw 10 mil at him if he fails here
    It's a good thing he's Spanish. I think they have more re-sale value, not kidding. An Italian flop would leave us with just Italian clubs to sell to, who are all broke.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
    Jul 13, 2013
    It's a good thing he's Spanish. I think they have more re-sale value, not kidding. An Italian flop would leave us with just Italian clubs to sell to, who are all broke.
    Nah, that doesn't really help us. Bar Barca and Real, who'll have no interest in a flop, Spanish clubs are just as broke.

Well I guess all arguments have pretty much been layed out at this point. I'm afraid we just gotta agree to disagree, at least until history proves one of us right, but let's hope that never happens. :xfinger:

Suns

Release clause?
    May 22, 2009
    Let's hope he scores no more than 20 goals the 2 first season and when that buy back clause expires he can start scoring as much as he wants :D

Pretty sure in 3 years time Real have stacked themselves with bunch of new strikers that they and Morata won't be interested in a return.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    If he flops he won't go back to Real, and he would never go to Barca, so that leaves us rest of La Liga who are all almost more broke then Italian clubs.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
    Sep 21, 2008
    I'm not suggesting he would go back to Spain. Just that Spanish players have more suitors around Europe it seems. I could see a market for him in the EPL for example.

AlexOB

Apr 2, 2014
    I don't think he's gonna break the world here (as I sort of expect Iturbe to do), but will be a nice investment and a good squad player behind Llorente. He's also very young and leaves us with the possibility to make a good profit on him if we have to. The price is a bit high, it must be said.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
    i actually like him :p but he needs time, i just had wished we could capitalize on possibly pirlo, buffon, barzagli, and tevez's last season in top level, i feel like with a player like sanchez we could have given it a fair shot.
    All this for someone you like :facepalm2: Not 1 member here would have guessed that :D

I totally understand your point , Sanchez would assure us a better European campaign , iturbe and morata dont offer us that confidence .

Sanchez was a need , iturbe + morata are compromises ( not bad ) but unproven , and that is what is upsetting some .

The best we can do is be optimistic and hope that our new signings will live up to their potential . :xfinger:

Let marotta worry about the buy back clause :beppe:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 159)