Alvaro Morata - ST - Real Madrid (108 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
beyond the bookkeeping it is obvious we are overpaying/conceding too much for both, and imo thats because we are not liquid

you;re not missing much except that i said an osvaldo like player, even mentioned gila as an a alternative, so a player who would get paid 1-1.5 mil a year on a one year contract, sanchez would get 4 so about 5 combined, which is about what those 2 will be earning

But aren't the Gila type players the ones that Juve are trying to avoid? Enough with these band aids, man. This team needs youth and athleticism in the worst way, bro. These two along with Coman, are athletes, and they are all still very young.

And what would a player like Gilardino at this point in his career hope for? To what, be a bit player on a championship team? That is the type of player that flies in the face of what Conte is looking for now.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Maybe Juve doesnt wanted to break the bank for sanchez...and went for iturbe and moratta, because in case Morata gets sold we will be abel to count with a more developed Berardi anyways.
We sell Morata for 35 M, bring back Berari, and we have money to use in a new del for someone.
Everyone is happy.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
How do you justify paying 45m for Sanchez who might or might not have resale value ?

45m euros transfer fee + 4.5m in wages.Thats an enormous investment for this club at present.
easy, i see sanchez as an established top player who could get us to the next level, be it money from getting further in CL or in merchandizing, the other 2 are big question marks, if they both fail what would you say is their resale value?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
But aren't the Gila type players the ones that Juve are trying to avoid? Enough with these band aids, man. This team needs youth and athleticism in the worst way, bro. These two along with Coman, are athletes, and they are all still very young.

And what would a player like Gilardino at this point in his career hope for? To what, be a bit player on a championship team? That is the type of player that flies in the face of what Conte is looking for now.
Yeh. Gettng Gila back would be doing more of the same. Borrielo, Bender,Anelka,Osvaldo, Gila....those are the kind of lowrisk-zeroreward deals we should avoid.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
How do you justify paying 45m for Sanchez who might or might not have resale value ?

45m euros transfer fee + 4.5m in wages.Thats an enormous investment for this club at present.
4.5 net , the club will spend 9m gross . Total expenditure in a year would be 20m = iturbe + morata . Not difficult to see why we went for 2 instead of 1

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

agreed about youth and speed, but with gila/osvaldo we talking bench, i dont think morata & iturbe will take us to the next level this year, but thats lack of cash for you. I said this earlier in the summer, but i beleive this season will be a wash, we are not going to win much with CL qualification being the only objective imo

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Maybe Juve doesnt wanted to break the bank for sanchez...and went for iturbe and moratta, because in case Morata gets sold we will be abel to count with a more developed Berardi anyways.
We sell Morata for 35 M, bring back Berari, and we have money to use in a new del for someone.
Everyone is happy.
I think that Juve was not going to break the bank for Sanchez because I don't think it is their policy now and going forward, to buy a player who is already at their peak value. This policy was starting to take into effect when they bought Vidal for 11 million and is now worth at least 50, and Pogba on a free who is worth probably 60. They are going to buy players who are young and have potential a la Iturbe and Morata, or a player who is somewhat young at the time of purchase but has not yet taken that next step (Vidal 3 years ago). This would also explain why, to a degree, the move for Evra is being made. You grab a player on a low transfer fee and hope that he can stay the course for 2 years until A) Juve have their own LB fully developed to step in or B) The financial situation is improved to the point where they can invest in a player in that position the same way they have for Iturbe and Morata.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
agreed about youth and speed, but with gila/osvaldo we talking bench, i dont think morata & iturbe will take us to the next level this year, but thats lack of cash for you. I said this earlier in the summer, but i beleive this season will be a wash, we are not going to win much with CL qualification being the only objective imo
But with a player like Osvaldo and Gilardino, you run the risk of totally fucking up what Conte wants out of that CF spot. Osvaldo is nowhere near your prototypical CF that COnte is looking for, and Gilardino, well, the less said the better I guess.

They will run the risk of burning out Tevez and Llorente unless they get some help and the types of players (plural) that can deputize for them and also add an extra element which can allow you to change philosophy if need be.

I think that the added depth, and athleticism, could make this team better and more versatile than last year, and I really think that they can get out of the CL stage this season.

Then, once the endorsement deals come in from Adidas and the new TV deals, Juve can spend that kind of money on a Sanchez type of player. But I think that everyone pretty much knew that once Juve were knocked out in the CL that it put a huge damper on their plans.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
easy, i see sanchez as an established top player who could get us to the next level, be it money from getting further in CL or in merchandizing, the other 2 are big question marks, if they both fail what would you say is their resale value?
Firstly,i dont see him as THE player where i would blow my entire budget on,nor he's some highly marketable player where you could justify splashing so much cash on him.I mean 45m ffs.

Secondly,why look at the worst case scenario ? We've invested a significant amount on them,im sure we'll give them enough time for them to prove that they're worth the investment.If Iturbe shines,he'd automatically become a 60m player and that bodes well for us.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
But with a player like Osvaldo and Gilardino, you run the risk of totally fucking up what Conte wants out of that CF spot. Osvaldo is nowhere near your prototypical CF that COnte is looking for, and Gilardino, well, the less said the better I guess.
Nah, I think Osvaldo is pretty much exactly the type of CF Conte is looking for, just of very low quality.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd say even if they flop really hard, you could still rather easily sell them for ~10 million each in two seasons time.

Jul 1, 2010
Roma are improving and it will be hard to finish above them again. This is going to be transitory year but it is necessary.

Wan old squad which lacks speed and skill, we are under threat of falling apart like Milan. The Iturbe, Morata and Coman signings should help our transition.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

They will run the risk of burning out Tevez and Llorente unless they get some help and the types of players (plural) that can deputize for them and also add an extra element which can allow you to change philosophy if need be.

I think that the added depth, and athleticism, could make this team better and more versatile than last year, and I really think that they can get out of the CL stage this season.

Then, once the endorsement deals come in from Adidas and the new TV deals, Juve can spend that kind of money on a Sanchez type of player. But I think that everyone pretty much knew that once Juve were knocked out in the CL that it put a huge damper on their plans.
i wish i shared your optimism

Firstly,i dont see him as THE player where i would blow my entire budget on,nor he's some highly marketable player where you could justify splashing so much cash on him.I mean 45m ffs.

Secondly,why look at the worst case scenario ? We've invested a significant amount on them,im sure we'll give them enough time for them to prove that they're worth the investment.If Iturbe shines,he'd automatically become a 60m player and that bodes well for us.
first of all the number being reported is closer to 37 mil, secondly even if it was 45 you are telling me sanchez at 45 mil is more outrageously expensive than iturbe at 27? :howler: hoookay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 108)