Alvaro Morata - ST - Real Madrid (72 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Personally, I'm not OK with the financial details of this supposed transfer, and I also do not buy this nonsense that Juve cannot afford players like Sanchez. Clearly they can. But I will say I do like the idea of going after players such as Morata who are young and have a lot of upside potential. This makes more sense than spending money on the likes of Matri and Iaquinta, players who were established average players who wouldn't really change us whatsoever. So at least Juve is trying something else for a change, perhaps they are learning.

Morata is better than some make him out to be, and of course, many are underrating Immobile to obvious butthurt proportions.

Marty should change the name of the of this place to Butthurtz.com.

Mar 3, 2014
Arsenal to pay 30 million pounds for Sanchez.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28177987

But that's too much for Juve, guies. we're a poor club. let's pay 22 million euros for Morata instead. He's a swell player.
For the record, I'm against Morata. But in the interest of accuracy I thought it would be useful to post a quick analysis of the true economics of these purchases.

Buying both Iturbe and Morata at the rumoured prices is ~ the same combined economics (NPV) as the rumoured Sanchez deal. Morata is ~1/2 the price when factoring in wages.

Realistically that NPV won't be 100% accurate since Marotta will defer payment of the fee for as long as he can, which will increase the NPV and minimize cost. That will happen regardless of whether Sanchez, Iturbe or Morata is purchased.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
You are a human toilet though.
:delpiero: :heart:

@AlexJuventino

- one 'good' 'season'
- last year of his contract
- coming as a bench for Llorente
- we need to improve starting XI, which he's not
- buy back is included, so we're developing a player for Real
- this is a financial rape

Yeah, paying 20mln really makes sense. For Morata :lol: and Mandzukic went for 18mln. Great.
EXACTLY!1!!!!! And we are a "big club"

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
On the Morata deal:

The problem with the deal is we are taking on 20m of risk with 10-15m of upside.

I would be ok with the buy back clause so long as the upside is big enough and we get a discount to his current market value. Who knows what his market value is (Transfermkt values him at EU12m?!) - they may be way off but I doubt his market value is any higher than EU20-25m WITHOUT a buy back clause.

A more fair deal is EU15m. If after 2 years Real decide not to excercise their right, they receive another EU5m from us and if they do exercise it, they pay us E35m. That would work for both sides I think. Reality is that Real never spend less than EU40-50m for proven strikers these days. In the mean time they would collect 15m up front and another 3-5m if they decide against Morata.

You never know that could be how it gets structured.

4 year contract: 15m in 2 year installments + 5m in year 3 should Real Madrid choose not to exercise

Should Real Madrid exercise we pay RM EU7.5m a year for 2 years, then receive a 1 lump sum payment of EU35m.

Here both sides benefit. At the moment, it seems Real Madrid are getting paid for us to develop their talent into a Galactico.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Here both sides benefit. At the moment, it seems Real Madrid are getting paid for us to develop their talent into a Galactico.
|this is the bad feeling indeed.

i think he will suceed here...but we will get shafted in the end.... unless marotta and co have a HELL of a plan to counter madrid when the time comes.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Buying Sanchez would cost double of what we'll end up paying for Iturbe (transfer + 5 yrs wages).

And I mean a 40m euros difference.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
On the Morata deal:

The problem with the deal is we are taking on 20m of risk with 10-15m of upside.

I would be ok with the buy back clause so long as the upside is big enough and we get a discount to his current market value. Who knows what his market value is (Transfermkt values him at EU12m?!) - they may be way off but I doubt his market value is any higher than EU20-25m WITHOUT a buy back clause.

A more fair deal is EU15m. If after 2 years Real decide not to excercise their right, they receive another EU5m from us and if they do exercise it, they pay us E35m. That would work for both sides I think. Reality is that Real never spend less than EU40-50m for proven strikers these days. In the mean time they would collect 15m up front and another 3-5m if they decide against Morata.

You never know that could be how it gets structured.

4 year contract: 15m in 2 year installments + 5m in year 3 should Real Madrid choose not to exercise

Should Real Madrid exercise we pay RM EU7.5m a year for 2 years, then receive a 1 lump sum payment of EU35m.

iron condor :p
@Bjerknes

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
I like this kid,i seriously think he will be able to replace Llorente as our first choice. But I think Marotta is being bullied in the deal here .
The terms are stacked against us considering the kid wants to move only to Juventus and he is on his final year. The buy back option is a downside for us,low price and there is even clause requested according to the below from FI.

"Both Marca and several Italian sources suggest the transfer will be completed on Monday, just in time for the start of Juve’s pre-season training.

It’s believed Juventus will take Morata nominally on a two-year loan deal for €18m plus performance-related bonuses, which will take it up to €22m.

Real Madrid have a buy-back clause in the contract worth €35m if they want him returned to the Bernabeu within two years.

It’s also reported Real want the inclusion of a clause banning Juve from selling Morata to a different Spanish club, but that the Bianconeri are resisting."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 69)