Alvaro Morata - ST - Real Madrid (75 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
What is even odder is that Robben and Ribery are not getting any younger, and instead of giving Shaquiri more guarantees in regards to playing time, they go and sign a 21 year old kid on a free transfer from Valencia.

So, in a position where they need depth, especially given Robben's injury history, and now Ribery's recent injury problems, they are willing to sign off on a transfer for him
i have one word for you: Zlatan

- - - Updated - - -

What I don't understand is how people claim here that Morata is benchwarmer, and than they call for Shaqiri who played even less, who last season also hardly played, who is injury prone, and except that one game at WC, was total shit...
we need wingers, shakiri is the best price/potential value. We already have 2 very good forwards. we have to address needs first before going for depth.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
i have one word for you: Zlatan

- - - Updated - - -

we need wingers, shakiri is the best price/potential value. We already have 2 very good forwards. we have to address needs first before going for depth.
Zlatan does not have the injury history that those two do. So please tell me how these are at all related. What does Bayern have as backups to Ribery and Robben if one or both are felled by injury?

Exactly. Yet they have put him on the market, allegedly.

Does that make any sense at all?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Zlatan does not have the injury history that those two do. So please tell me how these are at all related. What does Bayern have as backups to Ribery and Robben if one or both are felled by injury?

Exactly. Yet they have put him on the market, allegedly.

Does that make any sense at all?
wait it's not all up to bayern, why would shakiri want to be on the bench waiting for ribery to get injured? Zaltan was unwanted by pep in barca, the same pep whos behind shakiri not getting enough minutes, how did that turn out for zlatan? im sorry i dont buy your rationale

- - - Updated - - -

would Ocampos fit the bill of best price/potential value?
ocampos i havent watched in monaco, but i still wouldnt go for him to start for us right away imo

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
wait it's not all up to bayern, why would shakiri want to be on the bench waiting for ribery to get injured? Zaltan was unwanted by pep in barca, the same pep whos behind shakiri not getting enough minutes, how did that turn out for zlatan? im sorry i dont buy your rationale
No one is asking you to buy my rationale

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
From FI

Italian and Spanish media say Alvaro Morata will complete his move from Real Madrid to Juventus on Monday.

The 21-year-old striker has already been quoted in newspaper Marca as saying he is “very happy, as for me it’s about having a personal challenge.”

Both Marca and several Italian sources suggest the transfer will be completed on Monday, just in time for the start of Juve’s pre-season training.

It’s believed Juventus will take Morata nominally on a two-year loan deal for €18m plus performance-related bonuses, which will take it up to €22m.

Real Madrid have a buy-back clause in the contract worth €35m if they want him returned to the Bernabeu within two years.

It’s also reported Real want the inclusion of a clause banning Juve from selling Morata to a different Spanish club, but that the Bianconeri are resisting.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
So if he turns out good we'll make ~10m+ his services on a small contract or end up with a player who is either the next big thing or a Matri 2.0.

Personally I believe in Moratas qualities and i think it's a good deal given his potential as a prima punta.
Believed by many to be the next Raul...

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Yeah, but who said we need wingers? I'm not sure why everyone think that we are changing our formation for next season. Also let's say the we give up on Morata and sign Boriello or Osvaldo for our bench, I'm pretty sure that the same people who were against Morata signing will moan again how we need quality back-up for our strikers.

He hardly played under Jupp too, so his transfer have nothing with Pep

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
fine i dont adhere to your line of thinking, comparing shakiri at 20 and morata at 20 with a buyback for this juve is simply crazy, one we desperately need the other has rape all over it
Or, you could compare Shaqiri to Iturbe, who is nearly 18 months younger, has Serie A experience and would cost more because of him being younger and having the aforementioned experience. Shaqiri is also making 2 million a year, and would require a pay raise to a wage that Iturbe would be making if here to sign Juve now.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Yeah, but who said we need wingers? I'm not sure why everyone think that we are changing our formation for next season. Also let's say the we give up on Morata and sign Boriello or Osvaldo for our bench, I'm pretty sure that the same people who were against Morata signing will moan again how we need quality back-up for our strikers.

He hardly played under Jupp too, so his transfer have nothing with Pep
mmh how about conte all of last year, id much rather get osvaldo back and a capable winger instead of morata. as for the Jupp comment i suggest you look into it :)

- - - Updated - - -

Or, you could compare Shaqiri to Iturbe, who is nearly 18 months younger, has Serie A experience and would cost more because of him being younger and having the aforementioned experience. Shaqiri is also making 2 million a year, and would require a pay raise to a wage that Iturbe would be making if here to sign Juve now.
shakiri is better than iturbe, if iturbe starts performing he will get a raise as early as next summer to match whatever a better player like shakiri would be making

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
mmh how about conte all of last year, id much rather get osvaldo back and a capable winger instead of morata. as for the Jupp comment i suggest you look into it :)

- - - Updated - - -

shakiri is better than iturbe, if iturbe starts performing he will get a raise as early as next summer to match whatever a better player like shakiri would be making
I don't really agree with this. I would suggest the two players are of very similar quality. Shaqiri has a little more experience is the main difference. They even play a similar style, have similar strengths, and weaknesses. Iturbe is 18 months younger so he doesn't quite have the experience and maturity, but in terms of current level of play, the difference is negligible. There potential is also quite similar.

However, if Shaqiri is actually available for 5-10m less than Iturbe, Juve would be beyond foolish to not make a bid...

The Osvaldo comment is silly. :tongue:

- - - Updated - - -

I'll shoot myself if this is true
Please do. :weee:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I don't really agree with this. I would suggest the two players are of very similar quality. Shaqiri has a little more experience is the main difference. They even play a similar style, have similar strengths, and weaknesses. Iturbe is 18 months younger so he doesn't quite have the experience and maturity, but in terms of current level of play, the difference is negligible. There potential is also quite similar.

However, if Shaqiri is actually available for 5-10m less than Iturbe, Juve would be beyond foolish to not make a bid...

The Osvaldo comment is silly. :tongue:
so that makes him the better player :D why are you disagreeing then :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 72)