Alvaro Morata - ST - Real Madrid (168 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
wonder how long that buy back clause is available for Real.

Anyway, as long as he keeps himself around 10-15 goals Real won't buy him back and he would be useful enough for us.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
im trying really hard to make sense of this deal, as reported, from a juve perspective and i just cant. Why would we fork out 20 mil on a prospect in the hopes of turning him into a capable forward only to sell him for a 15 mil profit before wages

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Apparenly Conte really wants him. I heard he wants Morata and Iturbe at all costs, in which he thinks will create a stronger squad for this upcoming season and CL.

It would be cool if Morata has the option to reject Real Madrid's buyback option, if it does happen one day. If he plays extremely well in Torino he'll be worshiped, in Madrid he'll play 2nd fiddle to whatever star striker they'll have at that time.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
none of that has a bearing on the deal itself, also it is silly imo to base expectations on overly optimistic hope of things evetually going your way. This is how the deal looks like:

from madrid perspective

best case scenario: Buy potentially world class forward for 15 mil
worst case scenario: 20 mil profit

from juve perspective

best case scenario: make a profit of around 7-8 mil after wages, and losing a player that could have sold for a lot more
worst case scenario: loss of the difference of 20 mil and whatever we get from the sale of a failed prospect

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014
im trying really hard to make sense of this deal, as reported, from a juve perspective and i just cant. Why would we fork out 20 mil on a prospect in the hopes of turning into a capable forward only to sell him for a 15 mil profit before wages
Yeah, its crazy to be honest.
For that sum of money, it should involve a transfer for a potentially great player, not one who will likely be only good. Also, giving Real Madrid a call-option is crazy. Not only due Juve spend 20MM on a player who may not even be ready for first team minutes, and is quite risky, but in the instance that he does pan out, Real can take choose to take him from right under our noses.

If you're going to pay out 20 million, the player should at least have world class potential. Otherwise, why wouldn't we just buy a guy like Mandzukic or Negredo who is a sure thing. We're trying to win the UCL, we don't need projects. I'd be ok with spending the cash on a guy with Draxler, Reus, Isco, Lucas, Griezmann, De Bruyne, Lukaku, or Shaqiri. But for a chance at a 'good' player, I don't see why we just don't buy a good player. You would likely pay more on wages, but save on the transfer fee, and you wouldn't be dealing with the amount of bust potential. And in the scenerio where you pay more for a true world-class potential talent, in the likely situation that the player's market value increases, you can elect to sell.

Then on top of it, we allow a buyback clause? It makes no sense.

EDIT: And as the poster above me suggests, the risk/return profile both the two parties aren't symmetrical. Juve takes much more financial risk.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Yeah, its crazy to be honest.
For that sum of money, it should involve a transfer for a potentially great player, not one who will likely be only good. Also, giving Real Madrid a call-option is crazy. Not only due Juve spend 20MM on a player who may not even be ready for first team minutes, and is quite risky, but in the instance that he does pan out, Real can take choose to take him from right under our noses.

If you're going to pay out 20 million, the player should at least have world class potential. Otherwise, why wouldn't we just buy a guy like Mandzukic or Negredo who is a sure thing. We're trying to win the UCL, we don't need projects. I'd be ok with spending the cash on a guy with Draxler, Reus, Isco, Lucas, Griezmann, De Bruyne, Lukaku, or Shaqiri. But for a chance at a 'good' player, I don't see why we just don't buy a good player. You would likely pay more on wages, but save on the transfer fee, and you wouldn't be dealing with the amount of bust potential. And in that scenerio, in the likely situation that the player's market value increases, you can elect to sell.

Then on top of it, we allow a buyback clause? It makes no sense.

EDIT: And as the poster above me suggests, the risk/return profile both the two parties aren't symmetrical. Juve takes much more financial risk.
if scouted right, i dont think 20 mil for a highly rated european prospect is too much, case in point: de bruyne. But the buy back kills the deal.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
im trying really hard to make sense of this deal, as reported, from a juve perspective and i just cant. Why would we fork out 20 mil on a prospect in the hopes of turning him into a capable forward only to sell him for a 15 mil profit before wages
I guess there is the hope that the player will refuse the move back, or maybe there is an option for us to reject it?

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014
if scouted right, i dont think 20 mil for a highly rated european prospect is too much, case in point: de bruyne. But the buy back kills the deal.
For me, I'd like to see a bit more in terms of development for a player that Juve buys. For example, De Bruyne scored 10 goals and 9 assists as a crucial part of Werder Bremen's attack in 2013. Wolfburg ended up buying him for 18 million pounds. I'd feel comfortable with him considering at 22 years old he was a driving the team's performance and his impact was reflected on the scoresheet. For Morata, he has played one year and as a striker put up 8 goals off the bench. However, at the same time he wasn't really a vital piece of his team, and didn't show the same level of performance as a guy like De Bruyne, who in my opinion is much more "de-risked" than Morata. If we were Roma, Napoli or another team that doesn't have the same depth and is earlier in its development curve, I'd be more willing to give a guy like Morata a shot, but for Juve, a team trying to win the UCL after winning the league for 3 years, we need to ensure that whatever talent we purchase has at least demonstrated the ability to be an impact player in whatever team and league they played in.

That is why I'd be way more willing to buy guys like Shaqiri, Lukaku, De Bruyne, or Draxler over a guy like Morata. You may pay 50% more for this type of player, but ultimately I'd be much more comfortable that Juve wouldn't suffer a capital loss. Even Iturbe has proven himself to be an impact player with Verona, helping to drive the teams performance. I can't say that about Morata.

As an illustration:

Lukaku is apparently valued ~30 million euro vs. Morata at ~20 million euro. There is no mention of a buyback for Lukaku and from a performance perspective, and you don't necessarily have to hit the ASK.

Lukaku is young by ~1 year, scored 16 goals and 6 assists in 31 appearances on a mid-table EPL team in a more competitive league. He also scored 17 in 20 the previous year.
Morata is a bench player, 9 goals and 1 assist in 24 apps, on an elite team is a less competitive league.

Also given Lukaku's raw talent, the choice for me is easy. Why waste your time with a risky play?

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
You gotta be kidding me with this buy back horseshit.

And a 2 year option to boot, the fuck is going on here? Looking forward to hearing legitimate numbers and details, Conte is obviously dying to get this kid here.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
If you're going to pay out 20 million, the player should at least have world class potential. Otherwise, why wouldn't we just buy a guy like Mandzukic or Negredo who is a sure thing. We're trying to win the UCL, we don't need projects. I'd be ok with spending the cash on a guy with Draxler, Reus, Isco, Lucas, Griezmann, De Bruyne, Lukaku, or Shaqiri. But for a chance at a 'good' player, I don't see why we just don't buy a good player. You would likely pay more on wages, but save on the transfer fee, and you wouldn't be dealing with the amount of bust potential. And in the scenerio where you pay more for a true world-class potential talent, in the likely situation that the player's market value increases, you can elect to sell.
:sergio:

Do you even pay attention to the transfer market? Lucas cost somewhere in the neighbourhood of 40m, Isco cost 30m; Draxler, Reus, Griezman, are all valued at over 30m. Lukaku, no one knows what he is valued at because of the weird situation between him and Chelsea but an absolute minimum is 20m and I'd imagine 25-30 likely. Don't compare these players to Morata, not at all similar.

The only one similar was De Bruyne, who failed miserably at breaking into the Chelsea side, worse so than Morata in Madrid. However, he had a great loan spell at Werder. So he went for about the same price. Madrid really should have loaned out Morata a year ago also, not this year, as he played a somewhat important sub role for them, but the previous year, he easily could have matched De Bruyne's performance at a side like Werder where it is easy to be a young star. These two are each worth 20m.

Morata at 20m is the market, and is appropriate. The buy back is crap, if it's under 40m, but the player is easily worth 20m with his age, and his immense potential. This is what the market says. If Morata had been with a crap side, starting every game, and scoring 20 goals last year, which is likely, he would be worth 30+ mil. The only reason he's available for only 20m is because he's a 20 yr old striker at a team like Madrid, and even though he has immense potential, it's hard to break into the world'd most expensive side. He did however play a decent number of games this season and scored a decent number of goals, especially per minute.

The transfer fee is correct. The buy back is not great, but we'll see what it actually turns out to be and who Real has as strikers in a couple years. If they have two 50m+ rated strikers at that point even if Morata does well, they may not have room for him.

Besides. We buy him for 20m and have two good seasons out of him and they take him back for 32-35m, then we can purchase a 35-40m striker with that fee and a little extra, while also having saved immensely on the wages a more established striker would have cost is over the two years.

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
Jul 12, 2006
Everyone needs to relax about the numbers, no one knows what the deal will actually be, everyday and each media outlet has different numbers and options

Today's numbers are 18mil + bonus, 4 year contact with option for 5th at 2.2mil a year,

About the buyback option we want it closer to 40mil while Real want it around 30mil, outcome will be in the middle somewhere.

Yesterday Real wanted him to extend his contact, why?

1) It expires in a years time

2) We loan him for X amount with an option to buy, true Marotta style

:beppe:

Now back on topic

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
none of that has a bearing on the deal itself, also it is silly imo to base expectations on overly optimistic hope of things evetually going your way. This is how the deal looks like:

from madrid perspective

best case scenario: Buy potentially world class forward for 15 mil
worst case scenario: 20 mil profit

from juve perspective

best case scenario: make a profit of around 7-8 mil after wages, and losing a player that could have sold for a lot more
worst case scenario: loss of the difference of 20 mil and whatever we get from the sale of a failed prospect
My man.

I guess there is the hope that the player will refuse the move back, or maybe there is an option for us to reject it?
Why would the player refuse Real for us? And why would there be an option to reject their already agreed buyback clause? :D

- - - Updated - - -

Is it really his last year on his contract? :howler:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 167)