Alvaro Morata - ST - Real Madrid (72 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
hope this is true. hasn´t been mentioned for a while so i thought that was off the table.
do we have to pay the 10mio to torino in one lump sum as well or are we going to split it over 2-3 years?

morata would be nice. unfortunately i don´t think there is a way around that buy-back-option. we don´t have any leverage (besides vidal and pogba -.-) but real do, if we don´t agree, someone out of arsenal, tottenham etc. will.
even with that option i would like the deal, considering our current situation. conte seems to really like him and and he wouldn´t affect our budget.
I actually don't have a problem with a buy back clause. If we set a clause to buy him at ~15mln then that buyback would probably be 25-30mln. Of course, I'd mind that if Morata would be in our starting line up, then I'd find it pretty stressful. But this way as he's basically our third striker then I wouldn't have anything against. Also, there's nothing suggesting that Real would activate that clause in any time.

What I'm worried about this transfer is actually player himself. Whenever I've seen him he just looked decent at best, I have no idea seriously why are teams interested (Arsenal, Inter, Milan, Juve) for such a player. I (not saying that I'm right) didn't see much, if any, potential in that guy.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Well it says something about Morata if Real Madrid are keen on including a buy-back clause. They must really believe the kid is special but just don't have the room for him at the moment.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
Well it says something about Morata if Real Madrid are keen on including a buy-back clause. They must really believe the kid is special but just don't have the room for him at the moment.
No. It's a normal thing in Spain. Barca did the same with Bojan. And we know how bad he is.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
When it comes to attack,Madrid always like to make those shiny popular star signings,so UNLESS Morata explodes like a Cavani here ,i dont see them activating the buyback.Even if they did,there would be no point for Morata to go there just to being a backup,he'll just end up in a scenario similar to what Negredo faced where Real brought him back but they sold him a season later cos he didnt get much game time.

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
I actually don't have a problem with a buy back clause. If we set a clause to buy him at ~15mln then that buyback would probably be 25-30mln. Of course, I'd mind that if Morata would be in our starting line up, then I'd find it pretty stressful. But this way as he's basically our third striker then I wouldn't have anything against. Also, there's nothing suggesting that Real would activate that clause in any time.
well of course but unfortunately i think the numbers will look quite different.
carvajal for example was bought by leverkusen for 5mio and got bought back for 6.5mio (according to transfermarkt, german media said 6 and 8).
of course the numbers for morata will be higher but i can´t see anything close to 15/30 happening.

What I'm worried about this transfer is actually player himself. Whenever I've seen him he just looked decent at best, I have no idea seriously why are teams interested (Arsenal, Inter, Milan, Juve) for such a player. I (not saying that I'm right) didn't see much, if any, potential in that guy.
hm pretty much every time i´ve watched him i liked him :D. furthermore i think it would be nice to have another presence in the box when llorente isn´t playing.
last season he scored 8 goals in 23 games, 72min per goal (!) and conte really seems to like him. i really hope this happens.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
well of course but unfortunately i think the numbers will look quite different.
carvajal for example was bought by leverkusen for 5mio and got bought back for 6.5mio (according to transfermarkt, german media said 6 and 8).
of course the numbers for morata will be higher but i can´t see anything close to 15/30 happening.

hm pretty much every time i´ve watched him i liked him :D. furthermore i think it would be nice to have another presence in the box when llorente isn´t playing.
last season he scored 8 goals in 23 games, 72min per goal (!) and conte really seems to like him. i really hope this happens.
I won't judge of course, I can't say I've seen him plenty of times. But still, if he's the one replacing Osvlado and at the same time we're not spending a lot (or anything) then I'm totally fine with that. It makes me think (lol hopefully I'm not wrong) that we'll spend 'big' on a much needed winger.

Yeah, if it becomes another Carvajal case then it sucks. But I guess it sucks less considering he's not our pick for starting XI (like Inter wanted/wants).

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
It's his off the ball movement, something which is very highly rated in Italy, where strikers face tighter defenses. It's strange how a tall guy like him finds himself in great goal scoring positions not due to his physique, but due to his movement. He owns one of the all time best records for younger categories in world football, by scoring 25 goals in 25 matches for the u-19 and u-21 national team (he's still with the u21, so he will surely further improve this record). In Real he indeed seemed average among those experienced stars, but by carefully observing his play, one could notice two things that impress when we have in mind that it's a 21 year old player that we're talking about: off the ball movement and confidence.
He can further develop into a goal scoring machine, yet he might become another Gilardino or Huntelaar, two other guys with very good movement in the box and goal scoring record as youngsters.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
It's his off the ball movement, something which is very highly rated in Italy, where strikers face tighter defenses. It's strange how a tall guy like him finds himself in great goal scoring positions not due to his physique, but due to his movement. He owns one of the all time best records for younger categories in world football, by scoring 25 goals in 25 matches for the u-19 and u-21 national team (he's still with the u21, so he will surely further improve this record). In Real he indeed seemed average among those experienced stars, but by carefully observing his play, one could notice two things that impress when we have in mind that it's a 21 year old player that we're talking about: off the ball movement and confidence.
He can further develop into a goal scoring machine, yet he might become another Gilardino or Huntelaar, two other guys with very good movement in the box and goal scoring record as youngsters.
You are the best poster on tuz. :tup:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Oh, and his ball control is great. And again, that's not something normal for someone who is 190cm tall.
I'll try to find videos to show this.

- - - Updated - - -

Meh, the best I could find:

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Oh, and his ball control is great. And again, that's not something normal for someone who is 190cm tall.
I'll try to find videos to show this.
Do you reckon selling a 24-year old Immobile for the purchase of a 21- year old Morata is a decent gamble?

Jul 13, 2010
although I'd say Berardi has more potential and at 21 he'll be better than morata is now. And some would say he is better now

Dec 31, 2008
gilardinosaur goaloziraptor :touched:

the potential that was not tapped fully

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Do you reckon selling a 24-year old Immobile for the purchase of a 21- year old Morata is a decent gamble?
It would be fair to compare if there wasn't a buy-back clause. :p

- - - Updated - - -

And resemble which player?

Over the past 10 years they all turned into a Gilardino eventually. At least those with same characteristics. Who was the last player to turn into that scoring machine?

Now we have Destro and Morata popping out.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
If we can call it a gamble, then we're gambling with pocket change. We're not letting Baggio go so we can give a chance to an unproven youngster. That was a gamble and it paid off. This time we're talking about our bench.
My prediction is that we won't win or loss much. I don't think Immobile will be a world beater. Ever. On the other hand, even if Morata becomes one, Real will take him back in no time. We didn't lose a potential legend, and we won't get a club legend.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
It would be fair to compare if there wasn't a buy-back clause. :p

- - - Updated - - -

And resemble which player?

Over the past 10 years they all turned into a Gilardino eventually. At least those with same characteristics. Who was the last player to turn into that scoring machine?

Now we have Destro and Morata popping out.
Hmmm, lots of young CFs with great potential as youngsters, ended u as top quality forwards at senior level. Cavani, Benzema, Torres, to name a few. Morata surely isn't a Trez or Gilardino type of striker who just waits in the box.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Hmmm, lots of young CFs with great potential as youngsters, ended u as top quality forwards at senior level. Cavani, Benzema, Torres, to name a few. Morata surely isn't a Trez or Gilardino type of striker who just waits in the box.
To me Marota looked like a totally different type of a player, maybe because I haven't seen much of him. :boh: But there's no way he resembled those ^ names.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
There are not really any two players completely resembling each other, which is why I don't really like these "new Cavani/Gilardino/Boriello" tags anyway.
As of now however, I don't think anyone can say with certainty if Morata will really turn out to be world class or not. It's a gamble, simple as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)