Alvaro Morata - ST - Real Madrid (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
im not.
Arsenal bought sanchez, a player that we have courted for like 4 months?
Roma bought Iturbe, right from under our nose.

I know their prices are inflated. But in this era, you can't expect to be a big club and buy a performing hot prospect for 10million anymore.
Times have changed. If you are talking about your fm game where you have won 10 champions league, getting all the iturbes on free transfer, and only paying them at $200/week, I can understand.

But we are talking about 2014 real world.
It's possible to build a wc team over time, if you manage it well. Sanchez was either a failure by Marotta or Barca was unwilling to sell before WC. Iturbe is unproven and splashing 30m, even on a hot prospect, is a risk than most cannot take. With Allegri the hunt was dropped as he would not suit Allegri's management.
We haven't exactly been spending large sums in the recent years compared to others, and are still in a developing phase. It's the same for many other teams like Atletico, Dortmund, Benfica, Arsenal, Schalke, and so on.
I'm not saying we shouldn't spend, but we need to do it sensibly. There's no point to try and spend the large fees because the EPL teams, Barca, Real, BM, will always be able to bid more than us. I don't like Marotta, I believe he's great for mid-teams because he is too sensible and instead wastes the money on quantity. But, I appreciate the underlying idea of spending more wisely.

Buy on AliExpress.com

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Allegri has given his ok for Juventus to sign Alvaro Morata, the negotiation between Juve & Real Madrid are in very advanced stages. Juventus want to close the deal for Alvaro Morata quickly to avoid the inclusion of the many teams that follow the player. [SKY]
I hate it when we want to buy someone 'quickly' and it takes over a month. Roma comes in and takes Iturbe in one day :p

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2,440
    Losing Vidal and Pogba is worse. No?
    :beppe: wouldn't do that. Let's be realistic here.

:snoop:

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.flightstats.com/go/FlightStatus/flightStatusByFlight.do?id=406130596&airline=AZ&flightNumber=59&departureDate=2014-07-18

:p

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)