Almost done for Matuzalem (4 Viewers)

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++

Keywords
last season he was class also, but there was less focus on what chelsea did, plus they were not in the cl...he was a class player for england u21, classs for west ham, he IS a class player.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
last season he was class also, but there was less focus on what chelsea did, plus they were not in the cl...he was a class player for england u21, classs for west ham, he IS a class player.
Class...maybe, but better than Emerson? No. Capable of replacing Davids? Certainly not. Lampard plays in England where anybody with a brain can score goals and defend. All you've got to do is make a late run into the box and recieve a pass back. Freddie Ljungberg has made a living doing it, and he's really not that talented. Same goes for Lampard. Stick him in a league where the midfielders know how to mark and you'll find that he's useless.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

Class...maybe, but better than Emerson? No. Capable of replacing Davids? Certainly not. Lampard plays in England where anybody with a brain can score goals and defend. All you've got to do is make a late run into the box and recieve a pass back. Freddie Ljungberg has made a living doing it, and he's really not that talented. Same goes for Lampard. Stick him in a league where the midfielders know how to mark and you'll find that he's useless.
That right there is a perfect example on why English teams have only played in one Champions League Final in the past 17 years; of course it was Man Utd. in a rather luckey 3 minutes against Bayern. For the reason above, I can't see a team like Arsenal win the C.L., or any other English team for that matter, unless they change there style of play. I was impressed with how Lampard played in the C.L., but Emerson is a class above, surely. I think Emerson is a more stable player, and has that extra class and experiance about him. But if the deal for Emerson fails, Lampard would still be a good buy.

Jul 28, 2002
well sorry guys i disagree, emerson is a class player, but for me, lamps is better, as emerson is jus like a gilberto silva or kleberson, jus with more skill and less defensive talent.

Dont get me wrong emerson is a class player, but asi said for me lamps has been better this season.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I like Lampard too but he plays in England and Emerson has Serie A experience. I'm afraid Lampard would do a Gazza.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Emerson and Lampard are BOTH class players, but I'm going to disagree with John for once. I would rather have Emerson because he's proven in Serie A, while Lampard seems to be the kind of player that would find life difficult outside England.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

Same goes for Lampard. Stick him in a league where the midfielders know how to mark and you'll find that he's useless.
Too harsh imo...

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
Matuzalem and Ze Maria from Perigua have been outstanding this season. Matuzalem is a better player than Camo, and hes very versitle. Small and skillfull and scored two badass goals today from distance.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Yes true, my first oppion was a little harsh. He is not a bad player, pretty good for 4mln. He is not one that would bring our team to a higher level though.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++
Yes true, my first oppion was a little harsh. He is not a bad player, pretty good for 4mln. He is not one that would bring our team to a higher level though.
I also think so.Emerson and/or Jank would bring.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by JuveTrueChamps ] ++
Apparently we have offered 3.7 million but they want more
Then they can suck out! Matuzalem is a decent player. He could probably be useful, but we would be able to get someone like Diego for less than 10m so I wouldn't go wasting money on Matuzalem.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
Juventus have made the first move in the race for Brescia midfielder Francelino Matuzalem by reportedly making an offer of €3.7 million for his services.

The Brazilian has said that he would like to move to a bigger club this summer and a number of the big guns in Serie A have been looking at him.

Internazionale made their interest known, but it is Juve who have made the first move in bidding €3.7 million for him.

However, Brescia president Gino Corioni wants more money for one of his star players and is holding out for a bigger offer.

Although Juve are favourites, Roma and Spanish champions Valencia are also monitoring the man who helped Brescia stay up this term.

Brescia are hoping that a bidding war ensues to make sure they get the best possible fee for their main man.

he's a decent player. i dont mind if juve replace him with tudor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)