Mancini? (2 Viewers)

Jul 15, 2006
Liverpool are mulling over a move for Roma's Alessandro Mancini, according to the player's agent.

Mancini enjoyed a superb campaign last season and has reportedly attracted the attention of several clubs, including Juventus and Liverpool.

His representative Gilmar Veloz claims he has talked with Rafa Benitez about a possible transfer, although he admits the two clubs have yet to enter negotiations.

"There has been interest from Liverpool and I have spoken with Benitez," Veloz told Radio Centro Suono Sport.

"I replied that they must talk with Roma, but if the Giallorossi were to sell him I'd have no trouble striking a deal."

Mancini's current contract runs out in 2009 but Veloz insists his client would like to remain with the club.

However, the Brazilian has yet to agree a contract extension and Veloz admits his future remains uncertain.

He explained: "On Monday I'll be meeting with Roma sporting director Daniele Prade to talk about contracts, I don't know what their offer is yet."

"Does Mancini want to stay? Surely if he didn't he would have already left."

Reports in the Italian press suggest Mancini will consider leaving if he is not offered a substantial pay rise.

http://home.skysports.com/transferarticle.aspx?hlid=476796

Buy on AliExpress.com

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Liverpool are mulling over a move for Roma's Alessandro Mancini, according to the player's agent.

Mancini enjoyed a superb campaign last season and has reportedly attracted the attention of several clubs, including Juventus and Liverpool.

His representative Gilmar Veloz claims he has talked with Rafa Benitez about a possible transfer, although he admits the two clubs have yet to enter negotiations.

"There has been interest from Liverpool and I have spoken with Benitez," Veloz told Radio Centro Suono Sport.

"I replied that they must talk with Roma, but if the Giallorossi were to sell him I'd have no trouble striking a deal."

Mancini's current contract runs out in 2009 but Veloz insists his client would like to remain with the club.

However, the Brazilian has yet to agree a contract extension and Veloz admits his future remains uncertain.

He explained: "On Monday I'll be meeting with Roma sporting director Daniele Prade to talk about contracts, I don't know what their offer is yet."

"Does Mancini want to stay? Surely if he didn't he would have already left."

Reports in the Italian press suggest Mancini will consider leaving if he is not offered a substantial pay rise.

- Please merge if another thread excists/
Merged. Yet you don't have a source.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
no need, now that we have Camo, Marchionni and Brazzo!
Are you kidding me?!
a player like Mancini has room in any team he could start on the left side with Camo on the right Nedved and Tiago at the center with Almiron and Salihamidzic as subs

but I agree we should first complete our defence as this departmant is horrible at the moment (without the upcoming signing of Andrade) but still incomplete even with him

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
This means that he is faster than any of our players otherwise your statement is a fallacy.
He is faster than anyone we have in the wings.And my statement is not false.Which team has more pace?The one with one fast player or the team with five fast players?

Paolo Rossi

World Champion
Jul 8, 2007
For some reason I had the feeling we were going to swap Camoranesi and Trezeguet for Mancini and Chivu. All four guys at some point wanted to leave their restective club and Camoranesi would have loved to go to Rome. Mancini was heavily rumoured to join us last year but the relegation messed everything up. Trezeguet would have been perfect for Roma and of course we still need a CB.

Anyway, back to Mancini, he is way too expensive for Juve to purchase. It would be amazing if he were to come to Turin tho. :pint:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i would have liked camo to move to inter in that swap deal for samuel, and mancini to replace him.

i think we need more pace on wings, this is something we lack now..camo isnt super fast and nedved is slowing down as well.

i also think marchionni leave now that camo has extended his contract.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
i would have liked camo to move to inter in that swap deal for samuel, and mancini to replace him.

i think we need more pace on wings, this is something we lack now..camo isnt super fast and nedved is slowing down as well.

i also think marchionni leave now that camo has extended his contract.
are you joking? im sick of the slating of camo, people here are only starting to only remember him for what the media has written about him more than his consistency and importance to the team, i dont think many of you here actually realise how indespensible camo is to our squad, who cares if he isnt super fast? why is everything in football about how fast you are? riquelme is not fast yet he is a talented player, trez is not fast yet he gets the goals, walcott has pace and wtf is he? a pile of trash, robinho has pace, and wtf is he? washed up in spain.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i by no means think camo isnt useful to the team. in fact he has been crucial to our game plan over the past few seasons.

however, pace is important in the team...and its something that we have lacked for quite some time.

at the end of the day, we dont know what or how ranieri will play so it might not be relevant. i would just love to see more pace in this side, and looking at the likes of camo, neddy, del piero and trez, we really dont have that.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
i by no means think camo isnt useful to the team. in fact he has been crucial to our game plan over the past few seasons.

however, pace is important in the team...and its something that we have lacked for quite some time.

at the end of the day, we dont know what or how ranieri will play so it might not be relevant. i would just love to see more pace in this side, and looking at the likes of camo, neddy, del piero and trez, we really dont have that.
when was the last time we actually had pace? in all the years ive watched juve i dont remember us playing with any significant pace

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)