Alien VS Predator (AVP) (1 Viewer)

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Roverbhoy ] ++

Hey V-A.:cool:

Thanks for this.

I thought of the points youve made.

When the first Alien was made in the 70's they had no idea of the success of the film, or about an AVP ever happening. The Alien ship was styled to match the designs of the time. The ship from AVP couldn't look as dated as the one in Alien...besides we only ever see small parts of the outside of the original alien ship through a camera lens in a storm (except in Aliens 2 extended DVD)...it's more curved than the ship in AVP but the AVP pred ship has to be modern day cool, so couldn't match

The dead crewman on the alien ship in Alien 1 did look bigger than a pred, but we haven't seen all the preds yet...the ones we've seen so far could be the kids, and mummy could be twelve feet tall (OK ...stretching it a bit there hehe)

As for the little alien at the end of AVP, as I said above, each parasite takes something from it's host (the aliens 3 alien took some facets of the dog host, and so on) The Alien in Alien 1 took it's 'looks' from it's human host. The alien in AVP at the end took it's 'looks' from a pred. However, the eggs and suckers look the same throughout the series and form the basis of the alien part of the parasite. That would mean that although the egg laying alien was part pred, it's parasites would look human if emerging from a human host.

Still, your right - the ships don't look alike, but I think it's something Hollywood would overcome if they want to go in this direction:angel:

Hey there *waving* :)

About the shape of the ship: I still think, that both of them are very different, we also could have seen the shape in Aliens... but I would have to take a look at movies once again to compare ships in details.
But I agree that that's the matter of times: they had to fit the shape to modern times. Maybe they should think about different ship for Predators (if they had the same thought as you: that this is the ship, that sent warning/SOS signal to Nostromo) - then it would have some cohesion.

The dead crewman - you are right: we havent seen all predators yet.

About last thing... I was pretty sure, that in all 3 parts of Aliens (Aien, Aliens and Alien3) all those aliens looked the same (seriously I didnt notice that in Aliens3 that alien took some facets of the dog host), and the first taking things from parasite was in Alien Ressurection, cause of that genetic experiments on Ripley... actually I did notice some little changes but I had differtent idea abot that: again: that's the matter of time: they had to make alien more scary, sth like: another part with more scary alien, sth like better make-up (Aliens and Alien3) so that's my explanation for those little changes...
But even if aliens were taking some things from parasites... the alien in Alien should have had another looks: it took his looks from Predator (as we could see in the end of AVP)

That alien in Aliens3 bothers me now... I'm going to see that once again to see that dog's facets...

I still like your theory, it has a very good point there, but I think that they didnt work on details well enough... eg: if that last little alien didnt have predator's face, the whole theory would be perfect for me (still thinking about that dog :D)

EDITED: Actually I like your idea very much, I wouldnt think about that myself :angel:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
How about this?

The ship from AVP is really only a shuttle craft...they travel, say, 10 AU. and then meet up with the mother ship.... (the ship from Alien 1). The female preds are twice the size, twice as mean, twice as ugly, twice as strong and twice as bad breathed as the males (just like the women here in the UK hehe).

The little alien pred escapes onto the mother ship and runs riot...the ship eventually crashes on the planetoid in Alien 1.

As for the dog alien...the only reason I know that the alien in alien 3 took some dog characteristics is because I saw an interview with the director who explained that that was why the Alien walked mostly on four legs and not two in that film.

Hey...We should get the forum members to write the script for the next AVP, and sell it to Brandywine, or whatever they're called...say 50-50...50 for me...50 between the rest of you:dontcare:

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Emma ] ++
Is it worth seeing or should I not bother? I love predator, that was classic tho the second sucked ass, alien movies were ok but often quite boring.

'I aint got time to bleed' :p

Well...it's not very scary, not very well written, not very well researched, not very well acted...but I'm glad I saw it:angel:

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
How about this?

The ship from AVP is really only a shuttle craft...they travel, say, 10 AU. and then meet up with the mother ship.... (the ship from Alien 1). The female preds are twice the size, twice as mean, twice as ugly, twice as strong and twice as bad breathed as the males (just like the women here in the UK hehe).

The little alien pred escapes onto the mother ship and runs riot...the ship eventually crashes on the planetoid in Alien 1.

As for the dog alien...the only reason I know that the alien in alien 3 took some dog characteristics is because I saw an interview with the director who explained that that was why the Alien walked mostly on four legs and not two in that film.

Hey...We should get the forum members to write the script for the next AVP, and sell it to Brandywine, or whatever they're called...say 50-50...50 for me...50 between the rest of you:dontcare:

That part in your story taken in bold is too sexist to me :p

But the story is interesting... maybe if they are going to make another part of AVP, they really should hire you... ;)

Well... so the director's idea failed: cause noone else (apart from the director) noticed that dog characteristics... I really doubt, if anyone did... specially that aliens used 4 legs in Aliens as well. Maybe he should try to make him moving like dog: dog's moves, not only walking on 4 legs.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002

Well...it's not very scary, not very well written, not very well researched, not very well acted...but I'm glad I saw it:angel:
The same here.
However I was a little groaning after watching it, cause I had that thought in my head: they completely destroy aliens and the whole scary atmosphere around them and whole "legend" around those movies, when they use it like this: against every other monster in the space.
Movies about Aliens are one of my favs, specially Alien and Aliens.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I've been reading your conversation Vit and Pat, and it's very interesting. I played pretty much all the computer games in the Aliens series, and they explain a bunch of things about how the Aliens' life cycle. They did mention that the chest bursters take characteristics from their hosts, and in the latest game (Aliens vs Predator 2), there is indeed a hybrid called the Predalien.

As for the inconsistencies between the shape of the ship and the size of the crew in the original movie, I agree with Pat that it's simply a case of the makes of "Alien" not thinking this far ahead, and in the making of AvP, they simply decided to link up the stories without giving much thought to these little niggling differences :)

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
I've been reading your conversation Vit and Pat, and it's very interesting. I played pretty much all the computer games in the Aliens series, and they explain a bunch of things about how the Aliens' life cycle. They did mention that the chest bursters take characteristics from their hosts, and in the latest game (Aliens vs Predator 2), there is indeed a hybrid called the Predalien.
I see.
I never played those games, maybe that's why I prefer movies, with that whole atmosphere of suspence: who aliens really are, where they came from etc.
I dont like too much explanations, you know: it's kinda giving people some ready answers, instead of let them to think about that themselves :)

As for the inconsistencies between the shape of the ship and the size of the crew in the original movie, I agree with Pat that it's simply a case of the makes of "Alien" not thinking this far ahead, and in the making of AvP, they simply decided to link up the stories without giving much thought to these little niggling differences :)
I think so: they didnt think about details, or maybe they simple they didnt plan to link AVP with Alien movie.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++
I see.
I never played those games, maybe that's why I prefer movies, with that whole atmosphere of suspence: who aliens really are, where they came from etc.
I dont like too much explanations, you know: it's kinda giving people some ready answers, instead of let them to think about that themselves :)
I like to think of the information that you get in the games as a sort of supplement to the movies, rather than a dead giveaway of the whole storyline :)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
oh no, games are absolutely just marketing devices, but that's just how I interpet the information from them ;)

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
You know...one thing that has always bothered me about the end of Aliens (Alien 2)...how the heck did an Alien get aboard the Solako?

I've thought of this many times and just can't see it...any ideas people?

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
The alien got aboard from nowhere, just to make Alien3 movie: that's what I think about that. My common sense cant see any moment, when an egg was brought on board.

But that egg was there, so here I can see 2 solutions:

1. Aliens' queen had it hidden in the pocket and she secretly threw it out somewhere on board, while she was fighting with Ripley: that fight was only a crafty way to divert Ripley and do not let her notice that egg.

:D

2. Again aliens' queen: let's blame her for everything. She was producing eggs on the planet, so maybe she just produced one egg somewhere in the middle of the fight, and who could notice that then? Noone. So the eggs left there.
OR: she was on that little space ship... (I dont remember, how it was called... that moment, when Bishop was taking Ripley and girl aboard: that little ship caught on queen and she was taken then), so she could have produced the egg in that time: she was hidden in the little ship, while they were flying to Solako. And the egg left there, on the little ship. But then: how the little alien was moved to room with crew capsules? Here my imagination failed.
That's the only one possible solution I can see, cause there was no other way to do that. They shower sth in Alien3, but only smoke, noise, and nothing much.

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
Yeah...your right...made up to fit.

Another thing...in Alien 4 they clone Ripley...why?

They just had to go back to the original planetoid and go to the first alien ship...that shouldn't have been destroyed in the nuclear explosion that took out the terra forma plant as it was outside the blast range...so should still be there...Alien 5?:confused:

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
Original planetoid... but it's destroyed in Aliens... remember that huge explosion in the end of movie? they said, that the explosion is going to destroy everything there... the blast range was supposed to be huge and destroy everything there...

But I know what you mean: the explosion was supposed to be huge, but was that so huge to destroy the original ship? (that one, where they found aliens' egg in Alien)

I understood that yes.

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
My recollection was that Bishop said the blast range was 30 kilometres...
that wouldn't be enough to destroy the original ship, as this would have to be much further than this not to have been found during survey for, and construction of, the planet atmosphere plant.

And the planetoid would have to be pretty large to make it economically feasible to invest such a lot of time, effort and money in converting it to a planet...and the gravity also suggest it was pretty large...unless it had a heavy metal core...oh....oh

Jezz...I guess I'm going too deep... hehe

You know, there's been AVP comics on the go for a decade or so now...and
I remember reading one of the original scripts for a proposed AVP about seven - eight years ago....you would have thought that they would have coe up with something better than this in that time

gray

Apr 22, 2003
exactly ;)

Movies leave gaping holes in plots all the time; sometimes u just gotta let it slide :) This reminds me of my English teachers, whom I suspected of letting their imaginations run a bit wild, spotting intertextualities and whatnot that I'm sure the author didn't give a second thought to at the time :)

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
My recollection was that Bishop said the blast range was 30 kilometres...
that wouldn't be enough to destroy the original ship, as this would have to be much further than this not to have been found during survey for, and construction of, the planet atmosphere plant.

And the planetoid would have to be pretty large to make it economically feasible to invest such a lot of time, effort and money in converting it to a planet...and the gravity also suggest it was pretty large...unless it had a heavy metal core...oh....oh

You know, there's been AVP comics on the go for a decade or so now...and
I remember reading one of the original scripts for a proposed AVP about seven - eight years ago....you would have thought that they would have come up with something better than this in that time

I think you're right... I read books, all parts of Alien: and as far as I remember: that family, who first found out the ship, was travelling there and I got the impression, that that was much farther than 30 km.
Besides: if it was close: those people would find it earlier.

Yes I read that comics long time ago, but I dont remember it at all: I like Alien story, but never like Predator, so I was :groan: then for the first time, that they joined both stories.
I only remember the end of comics: that indeed Predator marked some woman on her face. I dont remember anything else...

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

exactly ;)

Movies leave gaping holes in plots all the time; sometimes u just gotta let it slide :) This reminds me of my English teachers, whom I suspected of letting their imaginations run a bit wild, spotting intertextualities and whatnot that I'm sure the author didn't give a second thought to at the time :)
Trying to kill this deep discussion about Alien? :lazy:;)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++
Trying to kill this deep discussion about Alien? :lazy:;)
I'm not trying to kill it :stuckup: I just think it's possible to read too deply into something and try to come up with explanations for things about which the movie makers just said "screw it, we don't need to explain how ____ happened. It's a movie" ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)