Alien VS Predator (AVP) (2 Viewers)

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

you guys are right it is the second worst. but the worst by faaaaaaaaar is open water
is that the one about the sharks an the people out at sea? can people really tread water for like 5 days?

while on the line of worst movies you cant forget to mention resident evil (many people disagree with me here), XXX, chronicles of riddick, blair witch project, and countless others that i cant remember

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
yes there are sooooooooo many much worse movies than this,
its not that bad, if u dont expect too much from a movie.
its a nice try with almost unknown casting to change the course of the 2film-series and make one and survive the next decades,
it cant be compared with the olds.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
you guys are right it is the second worst. but the worst by faaaaaaaaar is open water
my gf wanted to watch that. What's bad about it?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
so nothing thrilling about it?

thanks for the advice, we're going out tonight and there was a chance we could've watched it

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I loved the original Aliens and Predator movies. AvP looked pretty and there were some cool effects, especially when the predators were fighting against the aliens.

For all the money they blew on special effects though, it looks like they didn't have $10 left over to hire a decent script writer. The lines in that movie were some of the corniest, most unoriginal rubbish I've ever heard. The storyline was a bit of a giveaway too, and it didn't require much thought, since they pretty much spelled it all out for us.

Did anyone else feel that the acidic quality of the Aliens' blood wasn't consistent enough? A lot of the time, I was left wondering "why the hell isn't there acid being sprayed everywhere, with the burning, and the pain...

[/PROFESSOR FRINK]

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
I loved the original Aliens and Predator movies. AvP looked pretty and there were some cool effects, especially when the predators were fighting against the aliens.

For all the money they blew on special effects though, it looks like they didn't have $10 left over to hire a decent script writer. The lines in that movie were some of the corniest, most unoriginal rubbish I've ever heard. The storyline was a bit of a giveaway too, and it didn't require much thought, since they pretty much spelled it all out for us.

Did anyone else feel that the acidic quality of the Aliens' blood wasn't consistent enough? A lot of the time, I was left wondering "why the hell isn't there acid being sprayed everywhere, with the burning, and the pain...

[/PROFESSOR FRINK]

the best part is when they make you think that the girl is gonna kiss the predator

gray

Apr 22, 2003
that was so stupid

I was also annoyed that they didn't use the Predator sound as much as they used to :irritate: That's gotta be thecoolest sound ever

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002

the best part is when they make you think that the girl is gonna kiss the predator
yeah that was the best part:howler:

i seriously thought it was going to suck her tongue out with his mandibles or something:D

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
Just a thought on this movie.....

IF ANYONE HASN'T SEEN THIS YET DON'T READ ANY FURTHER

At the end the alien busts out of the pred...do you think this is the alien ship the Nostromo (Alien 1) sets down in answer to it's SOS / warning?

Can we asume that since the alien is a combo alien / pred that is has in -built genetics which allow it to over come the pred crew?

They then head for the most desolate sh*t hole in the galaxy and beam out a don't come anywhere near here or your dead signal...but the Company send in Ripley and Co anyway?

....as I said...just a thought!

p.s...for the record - I thought this movie was better than I was expecting...not a classic...but good kick ass action

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Interesting thought Pat,

Unfortunately I can't remember the Nostromo from Alien very well at all, but nonetheless I think you may be onto something :)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
ah,yes that final scene definitely meant the coming of a sequel in the future.

i know from some AVP buffs that in the computer game there is such a monster-a combination of a Predator and Alien by the name of Predalien.

It could be that weenie we saw at the end;)

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Interesting thought Pat,

Unfortunately I can't remember the Nostromo from Alien very well at all, but nonetheless I think you may be onto something :)
Hey Gray:D Long time dude...

In Alien, the Nostromo lands on a desolate rock in the middle of no where.

A small team enter a massive alien space ship and find an eight foot tall alien sitting dead and decayed in the command position...something's exploded from within it's chest.

John Hurt goes exploring (stupid man) and gets a sucker on his face...the others take him back on board for treatment...and the alien franchise is born.

It seems that each parasite take some characteritics from it's host...human, dog, pred...hence the pred jowls...and the potential to out think the other preds on boards tacticts.

It would be a nice sense of irony if the ship the Nostromo found was in fact the pred ship from AVP...

As for AVP - I liked the action, but too many inconsistancies...the Big Mama Alien attacks the last pred, which shouldn't happen since it has a parasite inside - the length of time it takes to incubate a parasite - yadayyadaya

Still, I'll probably buy the DVD

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
@ Roverbhoy:
At first I liked your idea, it was quite interesting and acutally you have your point there. But then I recalled a few facts from Alien, and with them all that theory doesnt look that well anymore.

Remember the shape of alien space ship from Alien? It was completely different shape than shape of ship from AVP.
Another thing: those killed guys on the shape in Aliens: I think that they were MUCH bigger than Predator.
And last one: that little alien, that busts out of the predator in the end of movie: it was some mutant: it looks like little Alien but with mouth of Predator. And in Aliens: all they looked like normal Aliens, not such mutants.

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++
@ Roverbhoy:
At first I liked your idea, it was quite interesting and acutally you have your point there. But then I recalled a few facts from Alien, and with them all that theory doesnt look that well anymore.

Remember the shape of alien space ship from Alien? It was completely different shape than shape of ship from AVP.
Another thing: those killed guys on the shape in Aliens: I think that they were MUCH bigger than Predator.
And last one: that little alien, that busts out of the predator in the end of movie: it was some mutant: it looks like little Alien but with mouth of Predator. And in Aliens: all they looked like normal Aliens, not such mutants.
Hey V-A.:cool:

Thanks for this.

I thought of the points youve made.

When the first Alien was made in the 70's they had no idea of the success of the film, or about an AVP ever happening. The Alien ship was styled to match the designs of the time. The ship from AVP couldn't look as dated as the one in Alien...besides we only ever see small parts of the outside of the original alien ship through a camera lens in a storm (except in Aliens 2 extended DVD)...it's more curved than the ship in AVP but the AVP pred ship has to be modern day cool, so couldn't match

The dead crewman on the alien ship in Alien 1 did look bigger than a pred, but we haven't seen all the preds yet...the ones we've seen so far could be the kids, and mummy could be twelve feet tall (OK ...stretching it a bit there hehe)

As for the little alien at the end of AVP, as I said above, each parasite takes something from it's host (the aliens 3 alien took some facets of the dog host, and so on) The Alien in Alien 1 took it's 'looks' from it's human host. The alien in AVP at the end took it's 'looks' from a pred. However, the eggs and suckers look the same throughout the series and form the basis of the alien part of the parasite. That would mean that although the egg laying alien was part pred, it's parasites would look human if emerging from a human host.

Still, your right - the ships don't look alike, but I think it's something Hollywood would overcome if they want to go in this direction:angel:

Emma

Mar 4, 2004
Is it worth seeing or should I not bother? I love predator, that was classic tho the second sucked ass, alien movies were ok but often quite boring.

'I aint got time to bleed' :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)