Alien VS Predator (AVP) (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
sorry, I didn't mean to sound critical of your discussion, in fact I find it very interesting to read

i was just answering Rover's question :)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Roverbhoy ] ++

As for AVP - I liked the action, but too many inconsistancies...the Big Mama Alien attacks the last pred, which shouldn't happen since it has a parasite inside - the length of time it takes to incubate a parasite - yadayyadaya

Still, I'll probably buy the DVD
why is this an inconsistancy?
the incubation time for preds is propably longer.
in alien 3 the alien didnt take down riplay because she carried an alien queen,
the queen is priority number one all times,
this big bad pred whas a heavy living danger for this priority, even if he carried a potential heavy fighter within.
the queen can develop genetic organs and lay eggs any time.
the queen doesnt give s.... about a fighter,she is the priority
and the little predalien embrio cant do nothing.
from what i red on avp games:
a queen creates a colony like the bee's and doesnt support another young queen close to her.
the aliens comunicate and are controlled by the queen from an unknown form of telepathy or ultrasounds.
if an alien embrio leaves the area of gueens control or queen duyes, it can developed in a gueen embrio,
this is what had happened to replay after she killed the queen on aliens 2.
i bet the predalien is a queen!
aliens lifetime is undetermined,
hardly an alien or a distress call could have survived from today times till replays time.
they dont have to use the same spaceship, they can use a third race,(a little more massive than the predator films, they can now use robots insteed of humans or even just graficks)
in aliens the marines where said that they might have to face xenomorf,
that means that by that time humans where contacted of some type of aliens.
the predators race are using aliens us bio weapon since our primal existance.(for sure they had another spaship hosting an alien queen and something might go wrong)
aliens and predators films are thriller-horror films,
u can never feel the same fear after u know your enemy,
we know now too much, we know the enemys weakness,
these films-serials cannot be thriller anymore, so they are action based.
after some decates of life they tryed to started from the begging,
so as with the resident evil, andersson really isnt able to create a triller,
the first horror scenes when u first encounter your fear have nothing special, they cant atrract new fans like that.
anyway fox hadnt many alternatives s.weaver wants 20mil to do an alien5 and arnold is too old for predator3
so they had to come up with new casting=another era and combined the succes and funs of both series.
this is good to meet bishop in his human form(the owner of wayland, the biggest company in the galaxy, riplay's time)
but i was personally dissa because the aliens series used to be the most original sf movies ever made, besides that huge alien bursted in alien.
the aliens form for me is the best try ever made, i cant support starwars and star trek with all that humanoids,
why the extrater/sts sould look like humans?
the most common life form visible to us are the billions of insects, the prime form spawned from the alien egg
fits the deal, they didnt have to ruin it all!

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
Hello there. I’ll try and answer as best I can but some things I can’t follow I’m afraid

“why is this an inconsistancy?”

How do we know Ripley wasn’t killed just because it was a queen inside of her?

“the incubation time for preds is propably longer.”

Why? Anyway, the preds are still in orbit over earth when the predalien busts out – presumably the predalien isn’t getting any further nourishment from it’s hosts since the host is dead, so must have been pretty well developed before the pred was killed.

”this big bad pred whas a heavy living danger for this priority, even if he carried a potential heavy fighter within.”

Why was the pred a danger to the queen? – as far as the pred knew, the queen was dead – she could have hid in the snow till the pred and human had left – and continued living – she chose to engage the pred in combat for revenge, not necessity -

”i bet the predalien is a queen!”
Then shouldn’t the other queen have left her alone to produce outside her domaine?

hardly an alien or a distress call could have survived from today times till replays time.

Why not? Didn’t Kane and Dallas say that the original ship they found had been there for ages…and nuclear power would have kept the ‘distress’ signal going for thousands of years if necessary

in aliens the marines where said that they might have to face xenomorf,
that means that by that time humans where contacted of some type of aliens.

I don’t quite understand what you mean here – a ‘xenomorph’ is a generic name used to describe a creature which attached to your face and whose larvae enter your digestive track, feeding of your nutrients, ultimately maturing and borrow out of you – a parasite
The rest I can’t quite follow…sorry

But good questions though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)