Alex, the best of all time (2 Viewers)

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
IRA4Life said:
That Ital boy aint no Robbie Keane but hes a decent footballer if you need someone off the bench. Id put my money on Mutu for the future of the club.
He is IMO better than Keane.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
IRA4Life said:
He was good but he aint got the heart. sure he can dance around in short short with the best swedes out there but with it comes to pure scoring ability id take trez and mutu. but thats not to take away from his great career and ability to lead from the sidelines. a role he has excelled at this year.
Oh he's got the heart alright but its getting old I'm afraid..But to say he is outdone, no, that's something different..I don't know anyone else who can put performances like these coming out of a sub but then again, Im not surprised, because that person is Del Piero.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
IRA4Life said:
ill admit hes good, but hes not the best anymore. sure hes a great man but he isnt what he used to be. that doesnt stop me from loving what hes done. i was just saying that perhaps juve should look to others and use DP in a more teaching/sub role.
It would be great to see him coach in the future :)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
It is very rare to have a footballer as talented as he is to have his class, well a few players come to mind like Maldini and Baresi but we do have a speacial player at Juve.
I am not just talking about his ability, i am not talking about the amount of times his goals has let us out of a hole or how many jaw breaking moments he has supplied us over the years.
I am talking also about how his absolute class has helped Capello cos believe me, our season both last and this would not have gone smoothly if other symbols of clubs say like Shearer, Raul were treated with utter disdain like the way this present manager is doing.
It must be eating him up inside but so typical of the man, he has not let it affect him, he has not gone whining to the bosses like Savicevic did at Milan, he has just sat on the bench and played his part when called upon
To his detractors, go take a look at a video of him in his pomp and you will see what the fuss is all about.
I do not think he fulfilled all his potential cos if he did, we would be talking Maradona or maybe not quite but certainly Zidane status, but what he achieved is still the envy of way too may players.
I have seen a lot of potentially great Italian players afterwards but not one, not Totti , not Cassano have come close to the early Dp.
Like a journalist said , he must have ice in his veins as he never seems to disgrace the club he has loved for longer than those who come on here to rain abuse on him cos of no other reason but to have something to talk about, so ppl can speak to them.
He has done it with great skill and with better grace
What is it about this club with gentlemen footballers, eh? Charles, Baggio, and Dp
Dp. you are a credit not just to Juventus but to football in general

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
ADP is pure class. he has been the face for juventus for the majority of its fans. he is a more valuable asset to the club than anyone on the roster simply because of the pride he brings to us juventini. forza juve and thank you del piero!!!

Jul 5, 2005
Shyne said:
ADP is pure class. he has been the face for juventus for the majority of its fans. he is a more valuable asset to the club than anyone on the roster simply because of the pride he brings to us juventini. forza juve and thank you del piero!!!
I agree with you in all you say. :thumbs:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)