Alex Sandro (54 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
And how many times have you seen him? His main asset is just run straight and he had 6 assists this season in a team that scored 52 goals while Sandro had 3 assists playing more minutes in a team that scored 75.

Maybe I got a little bit ahead of myself saying he should be brought back to be undisputed starter but I still think AS should be sold if a decent offer comes in and then it should for the club to decide whether Pellegrini has what it takes to be first choice LB.

- - - Updated - - -

He has just extended.
Regardless, he needs to be sold. There are plenty of average LBs in Italy that are equally or more productive than this guy and would cost less. Probably an easier position to fill than we think especially if we have someone ready to come back.

The whole argument of he "plays too much" is retarded. What a joke. He has been poor for a couple years now, with and without playing with injuries. After that Chelsea move fell through it went to shit for him immediately.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't gloss over a LB having 6 assists b/c that's not their job but ignore how shitty Sandro has been defensively. He is literally a roster fill. That's it.

Sell.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
You think his replacement should be a Cagliari lb who main asset is just run straight? There is question mark whether Pellegrini can be good enough to be even backup for us, and you want him to start? Besides his young age, Pellegrini has not stood out in any way every time I seen him. His skillset is really limited so far.

Entertain selling Sandro only if the replacement is a real quality top level LB.
Yep.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Padoin never stood out for anyone in Italy until he came here and left a hero.

Don't have to be flashy, all you need to be able to do is you job. Sandro isn't doing his anymore.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
It isn't going to be hard to replace Sandro. Be honest, people. The guy has become average as hell and there are plenty of average LBs on lower wages we could sign and get the exact same level of output.

- - - Updated - - -

And yes, we need to sell him before he runs out his contract and while he still has value. We have no business offering this dud a contract extension. We will, regardless, which is the annoying part.
i'll be honest: your sandro hate is simply unwarranted and not backed up by anything factual.

- - - Updated - - -

...Only LB in Serie A I would wanna replace Sandro with is Theo Hernandez. Or Gosens if he counts as LB and not LWB.
same here. and imo gosens definitely counts, he always played as a fullback before gasp made him a workhorse wingback 3 seasons ago.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
i'll be honest: your sandro hate is simply unwarranted and not backed up by anything factual.

- - - Updated - - -

same here. and imo gosens definitely counts, he always played as a fullback before gasp made him a workhorse wingback 3 seasons ago.
What other evidence do you need? Quaz just offered you a solid fact with the stats. He is responsible for goals conceded on his side. He is nowhere near his first and second years here and as never once came close to rediscovering that again.

I'll be honest too...your blindness to Sandro is simply unwarranted nor do you have anything factual to produce to prove he deserves to stay and start at this club.

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
he grew up in germany and the dutch league, where very few teams play with a back 3, especially at academy/youth level. as far as i know, he never played wingback before atalanta.
That is correct, but in The Netherlands he was never seen as a great player or someone with potential based on his performances in a back four. Same goes for Hateboer. They really started to excel when they were placed in a wingback position with less focus on their defensive tasks.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
That is correct, but in The Netherlands he was never seen as a great player or someone with potential based on his performances in a back four. Same goes for Hateboer. They really started to excel when they were placed in a wingback position with less focus on their defensive tasks.
yeah, i feel a bit of a confusion here. we are bashing sandro because he doesn't offer too much in the attacking phase of the game, and at the same time, we don't want an attacking minded replacement. theo hernandez is nothing outstanding in defense either, but boy, is he spectacular in the attacking third. the same goes for the cancelo - danilo swap: i feel that we made a huge downgrade on the pitch, even considering that cancelo error vs ajax. danilo easily makes more mistakes in defense, without offering next to nothing in the build up. i'd swap back those two in a second, and wouldn't care about cancelo being a bona fide idiot, he's so much better overall.

defensive fullbacks doesn't get better than sandro.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

Sandro is just overworked. First couple of seasons he was rotated heavily and was fresh for most games. Right now the poor dude even has to play 90 minutes in a dead rubber despite being rushed back from injury.
He's made a lot of defensive errors this season, but we are way worse when he isn't there.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The issue with Alex Sandro is that he is capable of much more. We've all seen it. In his first couple of seasons here, he was in the conversation among the top LB in the world. Maybe he is physically broken down, for all we know. But a lot of these errors are mental

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
The issue with Alex Sandro is that he is capable of much more. We've all seen it. In his first couple of seasons here, he was in the conversation among the top LB in the world. Maybe he is physically broken down, for all we know. But a lot of these errors are mental
Which is why a competent, healthy backup left back like Pellegrini is vital. I cannot understand why we give away our players on loan when they could easily get a lot of minutes with us. Instead we are stuck with De Sciglio who is utterly useless even for the tiny amount of matches he is available.

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
... I cannot understand why we give away our players on loan... .
it was a chess game slash gamble with money (both virtual and actual cash flow) and squad places.

take spinazzola. he qualified for a homegrown player in the league, could have stayed in the squad, but we needed the plusvalenza, so we sold him. the replacement (pellegrini) isn't homegrown by any rules, we only could have kept him at an other player's expense, so he got loaned out.

we should have sold rugani and khedira last summer. then we could have kept spina or pellegrini, plus mandzukic too. i know, it is 100% hindsight obviously. (i endorsed the rugani sale for years, but wasn't against keeping khedira at all.)

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Sandro is annoying, but clearly overused, and far away from being one of our biggest "problems". Filling the position is tough. What they need is a cheap left footed backup.

This Pellegrini kid is really looking like plusvaleza meat only. Kinda soft, non athletic, often injured. Typical Italian prospect, to be honest.

Btw, I doubt Paratici will manage to offload De Sciglio. Danilo is impossible and he probably won't even try. I think the same 4 fullbacks will be back on the squad for next season.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Indeed they are.

- - - Updated - - -

and what about that assist before the 4th milan goal? if you want to shit on a player, do it right.
we can only hope milan scouts were hiding in the stadium watching closely.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Regardless, he needs to be sold. There are plenty of average LBs in Italy that are equally or more productive than this guy and would cost less. Probably an easier position to fill than we think especially if we have someone ready to come back.

The whole argument of he "plays too much" is retarded. What a joke. He has been poor for a couple years now, with and without playing with injuries. After that Chelsea move fell through it went to shit for him immediately.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't gloss over a LB having 6 assists b/c that's not their job but ignore how shitty Sandro has been defensively. He is literally a roster fill. That's it.

Sell.
Agree.
Had great respect for him when he came and played an awesome first season.
Respect dropped when he wanted to leave after the first season but failed, followed by crappy performances seasons after seasons.
At his current form, he should retire to Brazil league.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Agree.
Had great respect for him when he came and played an awesome first season.
Respect dropped when he wanted to leave after the first season but failed, followed by crappy performances seasons after seasons.
At his current form, he should retire to Brazil league.
Don't know about the Brazilian league part but I agree with everything else. He lost it after the Chelsea moved dropped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 47)